KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Luffy vs Gohan

Luffy vs Gohan
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Luffy vs Gohan

Equal bodies. H2h only.

Fight on the Red Ribbon base.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 03:50 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anamas1

Gohan would beat the hell out of luffy

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 07:28 PM
anamas1 is currently offline Click here to Send anamas1 a Private Message Find more posts by anamas1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gum Gum mothafooking bazooka

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 07:53 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Gohun and easily at that.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 09:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Equal bodies?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 01:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Is this Gohan as a kid or as an adult?

Either way, he still wins.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 01:35 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Equal bodies?

I'm taking it to mean gimped Gohan. I'd still say he pulls out wins more often than not.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 01:37 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The OP confuses me.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 10:27 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

ok, well, gohan is a "better" martial artist, but the way the db verse gets better at martial arts is getting faster, stronger, more durable. Luffy has shown to actually have better h2h techniques, unless the "same body" takes away his ruber ability, in which case he would lose horribly, but if not, I believe he would win.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 10:36 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Since they have the same body...I'm assuming that's no rubber for Luffy, and no Ki for Gohan....

Gohan wins, all of Luffy's attacks are based on his powers, his h2h is severely lacking...Gohan on the other hands is an excellent martial artist.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 11:25 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I don't like this match up. You are taking away luffy's source of power. Given, you are doing the same with Gohan, but Gohan is very tough without his ki, but luffy is next to worthless without his rubber, well comparative to gohan.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 11:35 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, you can keep rubber bodies, but Gohan would have that same advantage? Would that be fair or unfair? And did Gohan ever showed actual martial art skill?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 03:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

The only DBZ characters who's fighting techniques are based solely on their powers and in no way whatsoever on their skill in actual h2h are more often than not, just the villains, and that's a maybe.

I mean, I really doubt Ki played much of a part in training methods such as those involving training in several times the earth's gravity ranging in anywhere from ten to several hundred (by the Buu saga, Vegeta in SSJ trained casually for the tournament in 150x earth's gravity, and couldn't even feel a differnce when on a planet with 10x gravity). Gohan never actually trained in any room like that (aside from HTC, and I don't know if it was ever specified as to what the exact statistics were) and he still surpassed the other Z fighters, Vegeta included, on a regular basis. Hell, I'm pretty sure Ultimate Gohan didn't even utilize any Ki when he mopped the floor with the base form of Super Buu (who killed off almost the entire population of earth in a few minutes from one spot) in their first round.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 06:09 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

To be honest, in terms of actual fighting skill, DBZ characters don't progress much, if at all, as the series goes on.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 07:28 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
To be honest, in terms of actual fighting skill, DBZ characters don't progress much, if at all, as the series goes on.

Most of the really cool stuff happens pre Freeza Saga, imo.. After that, it kind of throws skill out the window and makes it all about endless powering up..

Still, Gohan learned from both Piccolo and Goku, who had two of the greatest fights in DB history, and one of my personal top fights of all time.

So Gohan should have some skills.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 08:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Somehow I see Luffy having much more determination and he's even more battle hardened.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 03:22 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

More determination and more battle hardened?

Gohan fought and beat 2 people who were going to destroy the world if he didn't.

He routinely fights the most powerful person in the galaxy at any given time.

You can't get more battle hardened than that.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 03:26 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Luffy survived a healing process that had a high chance to kill him in shorter than what was the expected time for him to survive, so he could save his brother.

Luffy is the more determined fighter at the least, Gohan and the DBZ cast are just much more powerful.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 03:29 AM
menokokoro

yeah, luffy is much more determined, in the lucci fight, he got knocked down, couldn't move, got back up started fighting again, and got hit with another attack that knocked him down, and continued to destroy lucci.

now if they both only had their physical strength exactly the same, with no other special ability, it goes to gohan. if luffy has his rubber, he would own, horribly. if luffy only had his second gear, then that would be a good fight, and i think luffy would win, if only barely. only third gear, luffy would loose, its too slow.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 03:54 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by KingD19
More determination and more battle hardened?

Gohan fought and beat 2 people who were going to destroy the world if he didn't.

He routinely fights the most powerful person in the galaxy at any given time.

You can't get more battle hardened than that.

Gohan also almost destroyed the world by doing stupid stuff against several opponents, and he certainly didn't fight as many uphill battles as Luffy has as of now to come out as the winner in the end. I wouldn't say Gohan ever was more determined than say, Tien.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 04:08 AM