KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Chimpanzees and monkeys have entered the stone age"

"Chimpanzees and monkeys have entered the stone age"
Started by: TheTyrant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheTyrant

"Chimpanzees and monkeys have entered the stone age"

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/2015...-age?ocid=fbert

Pretty old bus wanted to share in case people hadn't seen it.

Last edited by TheTyrant on Dec 8th, 2015 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 02:00 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

This is quite fascinating.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 02:22 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Planet of the Apes is upon us.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 02:40 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 02:41 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

lol why is this image in the article

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 03:31 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That picture is rather disturbing.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
lol why is this image in the article

(please log in to view the image)

Now I'm hungry.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 11:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

They are equating black people with chimps and monkeys...racist maybe?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 01:30 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

No, they're showing that Africans have been saving us from the monkey uprising for centuries by eating them.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 02:59 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Interesting article and one it imparts a little bit more info on the use of stone tools for other ape species too. I had no idea Capuchins and Macaques used them, and that their utilizing of stone tools goes back for many generations. While it goes on to say its only some communities of apes in Brazil/West Africa, aren't they or could they be on a similar pathway to evolutionary development that were were on?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 03:37 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
No, they're showing that Africans have been saving us from the monkey uprising for centuries by eating them.

I would not say this because then when the monkey's eventually revolt people will have someone to point the finger at. Then just hope the monkey's don't ever watch the Indiana Jones movie where they eat monkey brains because then we're pretty much all doomed. Then all copies of the movie Congo need to be fitted with automatic self destructs.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 04:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

is that really the most effective way to cook a monkey?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:24 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Didn't Ebola come about due to eating bush meat like that. I need to look it up. Seemed like I read that somewhere.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Didn't Ebola come about due to eating bush meat like that.

Now I'm suddenly glad I never dated any of the Bush twins.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Surtur
Now I'm suddenly glad I never dated any of the Bush twins.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:31 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Didn't Ebola come about due to eating bush meat like that. I need to look it up. Seemed like I read that somewhere.

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:34 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Whoa

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:37 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote