KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Lets Make GDF Great Again

Lets Make GDF Great Again
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool Lets Make GDF Great Again

If Raz did one thing well before he left, he left a set of rules.

Rules

One of the rules is:

Controversial Topics
Topics that will cause controversy or hostility between members are not permitted. If you are worried that your topic may fall under this category, then please contact a moderator. The moderators will have final say on what is and what is not allowed.

So what if we actually followed the rules and stopped posting about, toxic and divisive issues.

What if we didn't post about left vs right anymore, what if we stopped talking about Trump, what if we made this place great again. When I came back I said I was going to stay away from that stuff and I have done that.

What if we all did that, and stuck to the rules, no more controversial posts. This place would be a lot cooler and we might get some people back.

So what if we all made a pledge to stop posting about divisive politics, calling people incels, or right or left wing nutjobs.

And if we could get the mods onboard to enforce this rule which is already on the books. We are all in this together as a community, we might have differences but at the end of the day, I'm sure everyone here could have a beer together. After all its just digital text on a digital screen.

If you guys would be onboard it would be really great.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:37 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Topics can't cause hostility between members if the hostility was already there before the topic started. I think this rule is respected just fine

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I don't think I want to be on board with that.

I like the fact that people disagree about Obama and Trump.

I want people to argue and debate guns, abortion, and immigration.

My opinion grows from our disussions, when people get serious, about these topics.

For example, I wouldn't have taken the time to examine the Australian and Japanese talking points about their respective harsh gun laws. Because I took the time to do that, I was able to see that there was no benefit to Japan and Australia when they implementing their extreme gun laws. And, in fact, in both locations, murders went up after their laws went into place. And there is factually no correlation between their murder rates and "new" gun laws. Meaning, that talking point is not only false, it is dishonest.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think the rule is meant to be a paternalistic one that doesn't allow us to outgrow previous prejudice.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:58 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Topics can't cause hostility between members if the hostility was already there before the topic started. I think this rule is respected just fine

thumb up

Right. I can disagree with Quan, and Surtur on something and we still end it amicably. It's the approach, not the topics. Rather, it's people.

This place needs to be moderated to prevent 2-5 pages of immature bickering. I'm okay with the bickering. But those posts should be moved into a "Flame Zone" like the many forums used to do in the 2000s. Start wasting space? To the Flame Zone with all your trashy posts. WEEEE!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I have no problem with divisive, political threads being started. Think the world would be a better place if we DIDN'T go out of our way to avoid them TBH.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 04:50 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You could have a thread titled "Abortion: right or wrong" that may be a controversial topic but is less likely to cause arguments far less than a thread titled "Only Bible thumpers think abortion is wrong" or "Only baby killers think abortion is right".

I'm pro-life across the board, from abortion to the death penalty. And even I acknowledge there are gray areas. But if I saw a thread title that specifically went after me I'd be more apt to go in and flame.

Or Raz could mean taboo topics like overtly bigoted topics against a specific race of people. Or a pro-Nazi topic which glorifies the Nazi atrocities. Or a pro-rape thread, etc. Those topics would be closed immediately and the thread starter would be dealt with quickly.

I'm thinking Raz meant the second set of examples. So I'm not sure if some of you are misinterpreting the spirit of the rule, or if the rule could have been worded better. Best to ask a mod if there's a question regarding a thread topic.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 05:13 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud that sig is the best one yet

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 05:18 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
laughing out loud that sig is the best one yet

lol, yes, it's pretty good.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 06:09 PM
Flyattractor

Only Surtur Can Make KMC Great Again!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 06:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rules

One of the rules is:

Controversial Topics
Topics that will cause controversy or hostility between members are not permitted. If you are worried that your topic may fall under this category, then please contact a moderator. The moderators will have final say on what is and what is not allowed.

So what if we actually followed the rules and stopped posting about, toxic and divisive issues.

What if we didn't post about left vs right anymore, what if we stopped talking about Trump, what if we made this place great again. When I came back I said I was going to stay away from that stuff and I have done that.

What if we all did that, and stuck to the rules, no more controversial posts. This place would be a lot cooler and we might get some people back.

So what if we all made a pledge to stop posting about divisive politics, calling people incels, or right or left wing nutjobs.

And if we could get the mods onboard to enforce this rule which is already on the books. We are all in this together as a community, we might have differences but at the end of the day, I'm sure everyone here could have a beer together. After all its just digital text on a digital screen.

How is it you haven't realized that for some people here...asking them not to use the word incel is like asking others not to breathe oxygen?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 09:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds like something an incel would say.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 09:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire

Incel now is defined by "somebody with the ability to read posts on KMC".

Our culture is so very interesting...words always changing. It's beautiful.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 09:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
How is it you haven't realized that for some people here...asking them not to use the word incel is like asking others not to breathe oxygen?

The point is to not do it anymore

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:00 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

laughing out loud

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:07 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point is to not do it anymore

Don't get your jimmies rustled it's a joke.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:09 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I happen to like Jimmys

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I happen to like Jimmys

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

lolz

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: Lets Make GDF Great Again

Rules

One of the rules is:

Controversial Topics

Wait, what?? Raz left? confused

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 01:30 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote