KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Metal Men

Metal Men
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Metal Men

A possible screen future under director Barry Sonnenfeld?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...o-the-metal-men

I don't know if this goes any further than that Doom Patrol announcement several years ago. But the idea it could be a Fantastic Four/Transformers mash-up... erm

I smell another Green Lantern style flop if it goes ahead, with all the reality warping stunts they would try to pull with their robot bodies.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 04:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I want this to word so we get MM ongoings forever.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 05:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I think Barry can be perfect with this. I hope it's good. It has potential to be kid friendly and make some good money.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 09:41 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It would be a huge flop, imo.

Even for many hardcore comic book fans, The Metal Men are still a little known/obscure team. The average joe wouldn't know what the hell this movie is about, and I doubt they'd care enough to go out and see it in the theater... Stick to what people know, DC!

However, I think it could make for a GREAT animated flick.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 23rd, 2012 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 09:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Whats Metal Men?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 02:52 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Some scientist ******* builds a bunch of robots based off of metals. So you've got Mercury that has a liquid body and can shapeshift, Titanium thats really tough, blah blah wacky hi-jinks.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:03 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

They were awesome in Brave in the Bold and I think Metal Men could work as an animated series or short film, but a full length feature film?

Geez, DC.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:14 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

of course it would work with the right script. i doubt it will be an epic movie that is over 2 hours. more like an hour and a half at best. and DC didnt green light this, WB did. DC has no say over what movies WB brings out. i say take the chance.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 04:19 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Heres the metal men for dudes not in the know.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 04:31 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Barry Sonnenfeld peaked with Men In Black in 1997. Since then it's been pretty downhill; two MIB sequels that were crappy to mediocre, RV (ugh), Big Trouble (9/11 turned that film into a disaster) and then there's Wild Wild West...the crowning turd in the water pipe!

I thought the Metal Men were fun when I was younger...but there was no Transformers then, and I got past the age of ten. I mean, if DC thinks there is real potential as a live action film, then get ready for that Wonder Twins film as well!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 04:41 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

MIB 3 was pretty good and has a better score on imdb versus MIB. and its not dc, but WB. WB thinks they can make this into a fun movie. Metal Men is still a great concept and their last maxi series was fantastic. in case any of you didnt read it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 05:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah MIB 3 was great alot better then the second movie.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 07:43 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Some scientist ******* builds a bunch of robots based off of metals. So you've got Mercury that has a liquid body and can shapeshift, Titanium thats really tough, blah blah wacky hi-jinks.

They all shapeshift actually. You should read their last mini, pretty fun. A MM film should be entirely about Doctor Will Magnus having hardcore science adventures.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 08:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote