KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Why do people hate Iron Man 3?

Why do people hate Iron Man 3?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Why do people hate Iron Man 3?

Loads of people seem to really have a problm with the new Iron Man film, & I really don't get it. I thought it was amazing! The best of all the MCU. Some have even gone far enough to say that IM2 was better than IM3.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 09:34 AM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

It's seems like mostly comic nerds who say this imo, because they want it to be too much like the comics instead of approaching the film with an open mind. All my friends who have seen it (and aren't into comics like I am) enjoyed the film.

I personally really liked IM 3, probably even more than the 2nd. It was funny throughout, had good action, more Tony, Mandarin twist was hilarious, genuine threat, decent story etc. It wasn't on the level of Avengers but still a very enjoyable film imo. Oh and I've never really paid attention to her before but Gwyneth P is hot lol.

Last edited by The Sorrow on Nov 25th, 2013 at 09:59 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 09:54 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was more disappointing than bad.

You can call me a comic nerd if you like, but I thought the handling of the Mandarin was just bad, and had this been someone like Magneto, people would have caused a larger shit-storm over it.

I get that not as many people care about the Mandarin, but hell, it's the principle of the thing, and it's not called a slippery slope for nothing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 10:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Glad Marvel Studio's is redeeming themselves with the Mandarin, From the sounds of things it might be one of them One-shot short films on a blu-ray.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 11:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Sorrow
It's seems like mostly comic nerds who say this imo, because they want it to be too much like the comics instead of approaching the film with an open mind. All my friends who have seen it (and aren't into comics like I am) enjoyed the film.

I personally really liked IM 3, probably even more than the 2nd. It was funny throughout, had good action, more Tony, Mandarin twist was hilarious, genuine threat, decent story etc. It wasn't on the level of Avengers but still a very enjoyable film imo. Oh and I've never really paid attention to her before but Gwyneth P is hot lol.

^this

Next to Avengers and The Incredible Hulk, this is my favourite Marvel Studios movie. IM2 was a huge disappointment though.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 12:01 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by -Pr-
It was more disappointing than bad.

You can call me a comic nerd if you like, but I thought the handling of the Mandarin was just bad, and had this been someone like Magneto, people would have caused a larger shit-storm over it.

I get that not as many people care about the Mandarin, but hell, it's the principle of the thing, and it's not called a slippery slope for nothing.

The Mandarin just isn't a very good villain, as far as the comic-book original goes.

Quite a camp figure with his rings and Fu-Manchu ways... Wouldn't work at all. What they did instead was to create something very interesting and in Trevor, very, very funny.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 12:03 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

His more recent appearance from Fraction's run would've worked alot better, He didn't look so much like a caricature from his original appearance.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 25th, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 12:20 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He wouldn't be the first comic book villain that appeared a bit silly in the comics, only to be given a makeover for the big screen.

The trevor scenes were funny, if a bit patronising, I thought.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 12:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

People hate IM3 because they hate fun.

/thread.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 01:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Bentley
People hate IM3 because they hate fun.

/thread.

Or Gwenyth Paltrow confused.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 01:50 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was an enjoyable movie. I didn't like how Tony was only angry for a few seconds when the love of his life pepper fell off the building. Would of been an aweSome revenge fight.
the movie didn't take itself very seriously and that kind of hurt it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 04:32 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The Ironman film series is taking the dumb path. When I found out the 3rd film would be based on Extremis I was excited but in the end the film kept Tony stark at a weak level, which ignored the actual source material.

I base this on Downey Jr telling the writers to give Pepper Potts a more aggressive role in the film and the fact the writers lack any real vision.

And the Mandarin should have been left out until the fourth film. Where Ironman actually displayed the abilities to fight such a foe worthy of the character. But they made the right choice considering the situation at hand.
Being current film Ironman being just a man in a tin suit and the Mandarin we all wanted being a character that would crush him in an instant.

Last edited by the ninjak on Nov 25th, 2013 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 06:10 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218

the movie didn't take itself very seriously and that kind of hurt it.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 10:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

The best comic book movies, in my opinion, focus on character development first and foremost. That's what made the first Iron Man so successful. It had tons of development and just a little action in the beginning and end. Iron Man 2 still had a decent amount of character development, but pushed action and explosions more than the first and suffered somewhat for it. Iron Man 3 tried to have some character development by pushing the post-Avengers PTSD stuff, but honestly I found that forced, out of character, and ultimately annoying. Then the absurd amount of action really didn't help things. It's not that Iron Man 3 was bad, it just wasn't very good.

I feel the same way about Man of Steel, for anyone interested. The previews showed so much potential for character development and relationships, and then the real movie was just an action-laden wreck.

Oh and the change of directors disrupted the feel and continuity, IMO.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 11:50 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Originally posted by Cogito
I feel the same way about Man of Steel, for anyone interested. The previews showed so much potential for character development and relationships, and then the real movie was just an action-laden wreck.

Oh and the change of directors disrupted the feel and continuity, IMO.

thumb up Me too.

Most people that I know literally skip the first hour after the Krypton scene. Superman Returns was basically the opposite, too much story not enough punch.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:00 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

I just found it boring tbh, felt like some hospital drama show with a few armors and burning supersoldiers thrown in. Don`t think there is one single memorable moment in the whole film actually, yawn. About the Mandarin twist tho I did not really mind that.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 08:15 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by janus77
Or Gwenyth Paltrow confused.

THIS. This is why I didn't like it. It was pretty amusing right up until super powered Pepper showed up, then I'm pretty sure I was shouting "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." all the way until the end of the movie.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 08:50 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Loads of people seem to really have a problm with the new Iron Man film, & I really don't get it. I thought it was amazing! The best of all the MCU. Some have even gone far enough to say that IM2 was better than IM3.
Most of the complaints I've heard/read are about the Mandarin and the lack of the actual Iron Man.

I liked the movie.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:55 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

People hate it because it sucked and its plot was stupid as hell.

That seems fairly obvious.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 07:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Shane Black essentially turned this film into another Lethal Weapon movie. It never got or could hold my attention.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 08:14 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote