KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What class do you favor in games?

What class do you favor in games?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What class do you favor in games?

We've all probably played games that have specific "classes". That is different types of characters you can play, the abilities of the characters tend to vary depending on the game, but the question is which class are you most likely to take?

A warrior class? Rogue? Mage? Cleric? I will admit that I always favor going with the mage. If there is a game with multiple classes to choose from, the mage is what I will usually pick first.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 08:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would say a soldier class. Either a rogue archer if fantasy, or soldier if sci-fi. Anything long distance.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 12:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Depends on the story being told and the type of gameplay.

Generally, in a more action oriented RPG like Dark Souls I'll go with a warrior-esque melee class. In more turen/round based games I'll go mage.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 12:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Usually whatever allows stealth

If thats not an option, like Dark Souls, I always go sword and shield

Never been a fan of mage classes. Always OP

PWNT

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 01:04 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Melee. Getting up close and personal is more fun then standing at a distace and projectile spamming, or slowly, methodically sneaking around.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 01:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Depends

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 04:46 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Gunner or stat boosting. Ranged combat.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 07:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me it depends on the game.

FFXIV, SWTOR, DAO - Melee Tank
DA2, DAI - Black Mage
Skyrim - Stealth Archer

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 07:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Normally a warrior class for a first time

and when start up another character its a Stealth class.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 07:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Mage if it's an option if not anything that uses stealth.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 08:44 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I generally go for the beefy characters that deal damage. So Two-Handed warriors and tanks.

Although I think I do better with more versatile characters I just have so much fun playing the Juggernaut type character that wrecks everything in its path

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 01:56 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Melee. Getting up close and personal is more fun then standing at a distace and projectile spamming, or slowly, methodically sneaking around.

That 9/10. I like to take a look at as many melee-oriented classes as possible therein to see which among them I like best afterwards. I'm usually willing to go with the heavy-hitters or, if an option, Monk-esque fist fighters. For example, in Tales of Xillia, I used Jude and Alvin almost exclusively.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 05:22 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've just never been able to get into stealthy characters. I'd rather either bash someones face in or shoot fireballs at their face. I tried to be all stealthy in Skyrim once and then I was just..meh I'm just gonna blast you in the face with lightning instead.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 12th, 2016 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 08:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't like melee stealth.

But in Skyrim, I can only play as stealth archer. It basically plays like an shooter after that and it's really fun using bows from long distances.

But hey, I exclusively play sniper in TF2 (and was pretty damn good at it too)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 08:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Medic makes a pretty functional dual class medic/sniper with the bow.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Jew.

Every time.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm
Medic makes a pretty functional dual class medic/sniper with the bow.

I had to look that up because I haven't played TF2 regularly in years. I think I stopped playing before they started adding crafting.

I tried to get into TF2 again but I think free-to-play and the crafting system ruined that amazing multiplayer. For years, the game was generally balanced and ****ing amazing. Adding all that stupid shit made it way to complicated and not fun.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:39 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It depends on the game really.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 01:14 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm mostly either a rogue or a mage in fantasy RPGs. In multiplayer games, I tend to play a supporting role either medic or engineer to try and help my random idiot teammates get through without costing us the win.

However I might get up close and personal with a Reinhardt class soon as Overwatch comes out of beta. Dat hammer.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 02:53 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by Impediment
Jew.

Every time.

I too play stick of truth

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 01:31 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote