KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Why was Naruto not more resentful?

Why was Naruto not more resentful?
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jmoul

Why was Naruto not more resentful?

As the title suggests, I am curious about why Naruto was never resentful toward those who shunned him as a kid, like Sasuke was toward Itachi.

The reason I ask this is because of Naruto's painful past with the other villagers treated him with nothing but contempt until he began doing things that benefitted them. Basically, they only really cared about him when they had gotten something out of it (except for a few like the Third Hokage and Shikaku).

If you ask me, Naruto had every reason to want to obliterate the village, so why didn't he? Or, at least, why didn't he just give the villagers a cold shoulder when they were in trouble as payback for their cruelty?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 07:05 AM
jmoul is currently offline Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Because resent wouldn't have improved his condition. Naruto might as well be the only sensible character in a series full of mentally incapable characters.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 08:06 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Caz he's da paragon of virtue.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 01:46 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He also didn't want the people he'd rule over one day to hate him.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 01:56 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
a series full of mentally incapable characters.

I guess this explains the lifetime of Genjutsu wank. No wonder.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:32 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Because resent wouldn't have improved his condition. Naruto might as well be the only sensible character in a series full of mentally incapable characters.

True, but you'd think with his pained past that after he beat Gaara and people began to respect him Naruto could have at least called them out for their cruelty toward him changing only because they got something from him. I know it wouldn't have fit with the story, but it would have been really satisfying to see it happen.

Also, I have to wonder what happened to those punks who told Naruto to go into the back hills when they knew enemy ninja were likely there.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:06 AM
jmoul is currently offline Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

He did resent them, he just responded by acting out, and latching on to those who treated him better, and deciding that rather than making them pay, he wanted to make them admit he was awesome.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 03:41 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

He did resent them to some degree early on as he was disrespectful and rebellious towards others. This was due to a combo of him needing attention and also the inference that he could sense their disdain for him.

He just chose to make them accept him through hard work and actions which is the better route imo. Alienating people afetr they start to come around would have been counter productive and likely led him down the douchey Sasuke path.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 04:12 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote