KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Despero vs The Silver Surfer

Despero vs The Silver Surfer
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Despero vs The Silver Surfer

A top-tier team wrecker against the highest of the Heralds. They get to use their abilities at their full extent. No PIS, no CIS.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qqqqqqq

gotta give it to despero

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:47 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Despero vs The Silver Surfer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
A top-tier team wrecker against the highest of the Heralds. They get to use their abilities at their full extent. No PIS, no CIS.

ss ftw

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 05:31 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I believe Silver Surfer is one of the most Verstile Hero's in Marvel and one of the most powerful.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:02 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by golem370
I believe Silver Surfer is one of the most Verstile Hero's in Marvel and one of the most powerful.

he is

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:10 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

Surfer stands as much chance against Despero as he does Thanos.

Despero.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:12 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Please give me a break

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:18 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Surfer stands as much chance against Despero as he does Thanos.

Despero.

drax killed thanos

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:21 PM
Galvaclaw

quote:
Please give me a break

Yes, two beings who consistantly own multiple top tiers can't be in the same scale of power. That's crazy. This isn't hard Surfer is Top tier Despero is above top teir.

quote:
drax killed thanos

What bearing does this have on the fight?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:33 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by golem370

But he still gets koed by Thor and Thanos.

I give this to Despero.

Made by DW

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:40 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Yes, two beings who consistantly own multiple top tiers can't be in the same scale of power. That's crazy. This isn't hard Surfer is Top tier Despero is above top teir.

What bearing does this have on the fight?

observation smile

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:48 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Yet some people said that when the JLA faced Despero they were fighting like morons.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:20 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

They were. One punch in the face and then they just started hanging from the neck.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:21 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Then I believe is objective to say that a hanging-group of bricks in the neck is hardly the same thing than facing a full powered, non-PIS Surfer. The abilities employed to beat one or the other are completly different.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:25 PM
Galvaclaw

Thing is it still shows just how strong Despero is. It's no different than Thanos showing Drax and Hulk his pump hand. Besides what were they supposed to do to Despero. They were not capable of dealing any lasting damage against him so they tried to restrain him.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:36 PM
Bentley
Seitei

How did they stop him in the end? The Surfer still has powers that match most of the JLA all by himself, its just a matter of implementation -although it would be weird for him to throw a shark against Despero.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:39 PM
Estacado
Legendary

How did they stop him in the end? The Surfer still has powers that match most of the JLA all by himself, its just a matter of implementation -although it would be weird for him to throw a shark against Despero.

Despero was stalemating these 2 teams and Lobo at a time until he got tricked and switched body with a robot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conglomerate_(comics)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobo_(comics)

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:45 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

The most recent time Zatana froze him and they shipped him off to Oa. Time before that they used Johnny Sorrow against him.

In the most recent battle he succeeded in mind controlling most of the JLA, including the Martian manhunter and GL. Only Superman was able to resist him and it seemed it wouldn't be long before he fell too.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:47 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Superman resisting was of course pure PIS.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:53 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Superman resisting was of course pure PIS.

Agreed.Since Despero has one shoted Superman many times with his hypnotic blast the only reason why I don't post it is because both characters are in the tourney.....

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:58 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote