KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs Steve Rogers

Thanos vs Steve Rogers
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
basilisk

Thanos vs Steve Rogers

Takes place at the end of the Secret Avengers arc on Mars when Steve Rogers has the Nova power. Steve gets a warning from the Worldmind that Thanos is heading for earth with the intent of causing mayhem and wreaking vengeful havoc on the NYPD. Steve sees that Richard Rider and the rest of the Avengers are in no shape to take on Thanos after their martian adventure.
"Sit this one out son, I'll take care of it."
"OK Cap, I mean Steve. Hey, one other thing. You know Quasar lent me his Quantum Bands for a while when I needed them. Maybe you could use them too?"
"Good thinking." Steve flies by his old friend Wendell, who is happy to loan out the bands.
"One more stop," thinks Steve. Flying by Thunderbolts HQ he drops in to see Cain Marko and explains the situation and what he needs.
"Sure, Cap. I guess I can give you the gem as a loan in return for a reduced sentence. But only 'cause I know your just about the one guy I'd trust to keep his word and give it back afterwards." Steve takes the gem of Cyttorak. Without the effects of the enigma force in him, Cap gets the full classic gem abilities, including those obscure extra magic powers Cain used to have in the old days.
"That's about it then." Steve spends the rest of the week training with Rider, Wendell, the Worldmind, and Epoch waiting for Thanos to arrive.
Then the Worldmind signals the alert - Thanos has arrived in the solar system. Steve flies to intercept him on the moon...

Steve Rogers with:
* Nova Force/Worldmind
* Quantum Bands
* Gem of Cytorrak - full classic levels including armor and the obscure old magical and energy casting powers etc.
* Shield if he wants it.

vs

Thanos (just Thanos, no other resources, no prep).

Can Steve "dissuade" Thanos from his objective?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 01:25 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stunner2xx

i think rogers has this

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 02:55 PM
Stunner2xx is currently offline Click here to Send Stunner2xx a Private Message Find more posts by Stunner2xx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

"Don't attack the NYPD Thanos"

"Ok Steve, if you say so"

Thanos walks off.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 02:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Quasar cannot lend out the bands... I'm fairly certain that removal results in death and you being sent to the room with former quantum heroes...

That said. I drool at the powerset. Thanos walks away... Lou ferrigno as hulk style...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:35 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Why has Rogers been depowered for this match?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:38 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thanos needs the Infinity Gauntlet to take on Captain America. True story.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

And Doom with the Beyonder power couldn't even faze him.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 10:15 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Captain America radiates enough awesome out of his a$$ that Thanos tosses his hands up and says phuck this sh.it

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 10:26 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Rogers can't lose.Period.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 12:20 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

You made it impossible for Steve Rogers to lose to Thanos.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 04:52 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kgkg
You made it impossible for Steve Rogers to lose to Thanos.
no, just more impossible smile

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:09 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
no, just more impossible smile

That's like saying what number is greater than infinity... Infinity + 1? That does not compute!!

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 06:10 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Thanos rips the ruby out of his chest a la Onslaught, and pimp slaps him, for looking so stupid in that new brown, blue, yellow, and red tight as hell jump suit.

roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 06:21 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote