KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Its a wonderful life...but not for you

Its a wonderful life...but not for you
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Its a wonderful life...but not for you

Married With Children did an "its a wonderful life" riff once where everyone Al Bundy knew was better off without him. He said " i'm not letting them off that easy. I want to live!"

If an angel came to you and showed you what life'd be like if you'd never been born and all your loved ones were the BETTER for it, would you opt to give them the better reality by erasing yourself, or say no way, and choose to still have existed?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

nope i want my 60-80 years regardless.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:59 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fair enough.

Simple yes or no answers are what i 'm looking for!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yes. I love my younger sister and would die to protect her as is. If I was shown that she'd get an even better life if I ceased to exist I'd cease to exist for her benefit.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 09:44 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I have people who I care about, but ultimately the Nr. 1 person in my life is me. So I would choose to live.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:38 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

For me, it would definitely depend to what degree their lives are improved. I'm not for it or opposed to it as an absolute, but my family and friends are all pretty happy individuals (with a couple limited exceptions). It would make it hard for me to justify such a sacrifice if the benefits weren't pretty significant.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't think I would.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 06:44 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good answers, guys, appreciate it!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 06:59 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

If I found that the people I love would be better off without me, I would allow this life to fade away.

However, I don't think that would ever be the case.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 03:35 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fair enough.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 07:19 AM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

I'd do it.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 01:58 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good Gender: Unspecified!!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:32 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
If an angel came to you and showed you what life'd be like if you'd never been born and all your loved ones were the BETTER for it, would you opt to give them the better reality by erasing yourself, or say no way, and choose to still have existed?
I'd want to opt out, hopefully being brave enough to do so.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Dec 15th, 2014 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 05:14 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'm with digi, it depends on the degree of how better it is. I do think there is a point where my life won't matter in comparison but it has to be a huge improvement in a very real way.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 05:20 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I don't care if humanity achieved eternal blissful utopia if I was never born, I'd say word-for-word what Al Bundy said.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:32 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^haha

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:38 AM
Bentley
Seitei

This non-existing agenda is just a way for people to admit they'd love an excuse to kill themselves. You're so evil Riv

What about this? Your loved ones will be happy and succesful, the world will be better, but everyone will hate your guts, abuse you and torture you in a daily basis. Now that's a situation in which we can all get high and mighty and say we'll bite the bullets for our friends

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 01:34 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats the situation i'm in now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 01:45 PM
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats the situation i'm in now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can do whatever you want, but tomorrow is a new day. Things aren't always going to be as good, or as bad as they are at this moment. This life is a journey, so take it day by day. If your existence is ruining another persons life, then those people need to find a way to improve their own lives. You shouldn't be a scapegoat for anyone, and if you believe that your existence is detrimental to people around you, at least you are able to see it. If you can see it, and you don't like it, change it. Get off of the road that you are on, and get onto another road. I would never end my life for another person to have a better life, I would get away from the people that I am affecting in a negative way.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2014 09:10 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dang, i was j/k, but thats a good piece of advice...thumb up

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 11:36 AM