KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Merry Christmas!

santa

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Also something I don't get, what the hell is up with the blood in TFA??....Since when do blaster shots spill out blood when they hit someone? I mean I guess you could say the person coughs up blood which is understandable as the bolt would hit major organs and the like, but as I recall Kylo was pounding on his chest and blood came out...and even when he was hit with Chewie's bolt, blood also came out.

I mean...unless blasters are becoming that much more powerful to where the impact will cause a person to start coughing blood and bleeding, which hey i'll have no complaints there.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 25th, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

He should have been turned to goo. A little blood only shows how powerful he is.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 03:23 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Bloody wounds help give the impression that the film doesn't shy away from visual grit and realism, which helps the tone and feel of the film--especially for the sake of contrast with the CGI-laden Prequels.

As for "Why do they bleed now?"............ who car--it's a hole in the body, some blood is acceptable in your space fantasy film about lasers.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Also something I don't get, what the hell is up with the blood in TFA??....Since when do blaster shots spill out blood when they hit someone? I mean I guess you could say the person coughs up blood which is understandable as the bolt would hit major organs and the like, but as I recall Kylo was pounding on his chest and blood came out...and even when he was hit with Chewie's bolt, blood also came out.

I mean...unless blasters are becoming that much more powerful to where the impact will cause a person to start coughing blood and bleeding, which hey i'll have no complaints there.

He was hit in his lower left abdomen.

And he was hit with a bowcaster plasma-wad, not a blaster bolt. Bowcasters are more powerful, quite obviously, than standard blasters.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
As for "Why do they bleed now?"............ who car--it's a hole in the body, some blood is acceptable in your space fantasy film about lasers.

I would add to that, that the bowcaster plasma-wad, since it carries so much kinetic energy with it, did some flesh shredding as it passed through is abdomen. Since it didn't knock him back or knock him away, it means most of the kinetic energy was lost upon impact (because it seems like it passed through him, mostly?). But that probably also means a lot more of that energy was transferred to his flesh, superficially, so it probably looks like bloody hamburger meat at the site of the wound. smile

It is becoming more believable that two untrained saber wielders could fight almost evenly with Kylo. In fact, that fight may go down as a true testament to how powerful and strong willed Kylo is, rather than how adept Rey or Finn are. Kylo, while severely injured, was able to force the pain and damage from affecting him too much and he still fought a saber duel with two people, defeating one, and almost defeating another. He could clearly barely use the force, at all. He must have been severely injured.

So I am starting to accept that end-movie duel result a bit better, now. Now it doesn't bother me so much.

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 25th, 2015 at 01:04 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 12:59 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Even the blasters were shown to make someone bleed Dadu with the opening scene where Poe shot a Stormtrooper and Finn grabbed him as he was dying where blood was covering his hand and all that.

But eh, I don't got complaints was just curious is all.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 01:33 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Gambler
Merry Christmas!

santa

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i suspect you might be applying lightsaber limb amputation logic to blaster gut shots. it cant be all instant cauterizing, especially when the guy continues running about with an abdominal wound. he was bleeding internally, thus him punching himself to let out the blood and relieve pressure/agony. also han commented several times how impressed he was by chewie's crossbolt, which iirc sent stormtroopers flying as if shot with a 50 caliber browning.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 25th, 2015 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i suspect you might be applying lightsaber limb amputation logic to blaster gut shots. it cant be all instant cauterizing, especially when the guy continues running about with an abdominal wound. he was bleeding internally, thus him punching himself to let out the blood and relieve pressure/agony. also han commented several times how impressed he was by chewie's crossbolt, which iirc sent stormtroopers flying as if shot with a 50 caliber browning.

Eh....I guess, although heh I just realized that the whole blood thing isn't really new. Whoops! That's what I get for a bad memory...I just read in Shatterpoint, a woman got her arm blown off by a blaster(interesting enough it wasn't any specific model, just a regular blaster) and was covering the ground in her blood.

stick out tongue

Speaking of I find it strange that Han would be surprised by Chewie's bowcaster...or well it looked like he was in shock about it, which is kinda weird given how long he and Chewie have been together. That and Han using said Bowcaster as I recall even in the new canon, only Wookiees could use them....but then again, this might just show Han has some pretty impressive strength.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 04:51 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I think it was a new bowcaster, it was never that powerful in the OT.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Eh the only time we see him use it Beni is against a Scout Trooper on his bike and he blew that thing to pieces.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 12:59 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah so did everyone as I recall.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

May be grasping at straws but...

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
(please log in to view the image)

laughing Who makes them?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

maybe chewie was possessive of his bowcaster and never let han use it.
maybe han never really cared enough to try it out.

whatever the case, it obviously has a devastating impact while most unmounted blasters seem weak in comparison. (think back to leia getting shot in the shoulder, or greedo slumping forward instead of flying backward)

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 27th, 2015 at 05:04 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 05:02 AM
coolmovies

J.J. Abrams's record-shatterng Star Wars: The Force Awakens has blasted past $1 billion globally faster than any film in history, as well as leading the biggest Christmas weekend ever at the North American box office with a stunning $153.5 million for an early domestic haul of $544.6 million.

The Disney and Lucasfilm title crossed $1 billion on Sunday, its 12th day in release. Jurassic World, which had the benefit of opening day-and-date in China, was the previous record-holder (13 days). Force Awakens also snatched the record for biggest second weekend from Jurassic World, which earned $106 million domestically in its sophmore outing.

Overseas, Force Awakens took in $133.3 million for a foreign total of $546 million and worldwide haul of $1.09 billion. At this rate, there's no saying how high the Star Wars reboot will ultimately fly. Domestically, it's now assured of eclipsing Avatar ($760.5 million) to become the top-grossing title of all time, not accounting for inflation. Some even believe it will earn north of $1 billion in North America.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ars-nabs-851162

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 04:55 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

That isn't surprising tbh with the fact even before it released, it was already shattering records.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 05:15 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

http://youtu.be/VEIrQUXm_hY

Sounds like Lucas is making it quite clear ep 7 was just all about the money. Sure worked well by making it similar to anh, or the guarantee

Oh, how I miss the days of Lucas delivering us something that has never been done before...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 09:31 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Eh....I guess, although heh I just realized that the whole blood thing isn't really new. Whoops! That's what I get for a bad memory...I just read in Shatterpoint, a woman got her arm blown off by a blaster(interesting enough it wasn't any specific model, just a regular blaster) and was covering the ground in her blood.

stick out tongue

Speaking of I find it strange that Han would be surprised by Chewie's bowcaster...or well it looked like he was in shock about it, which is kinda weird given how long he and Chewie have been together. That and Han using said Bowcaster as I recall even in the new canon, only Wookiees could use them....but then again, this might just show Han has some pretty impressive strength.

The arm OB1 cut off in ANH (cantina scene) had blood all around it on the floor.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 11:50 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Lord Stark

May be grasping at straws but...
I would actually prefer it if it were Plagueis, this guy has apparently witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire, and is probably pretty powerful. It being an entirely new character would feel shoe horned to me.

It would also explain his absence from that period, and why he's deformed (if he resurrected himself)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 12:46 PM