KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « First ... « 164 165 [166] 167 168 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So was Steppenwolf anything at all like his comic book counterpart?

haven't read much comics with him it.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 19th, 2017 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slowpoke
What Mary Sue? That's exactly how powerful he should be all along. A lot of ppl dislike Superman because he was keep getting ass kicked by much weaker foes.

It makes the whole Justice League team up concept irrelevant. When the other guys are just pretty much Benchwarmers and not needed because Superman can just do it all himself.
I understand people want all the over-the-top nonsense from the comics to be portrayed on the big screen but it does not translate well to a movie and it just comes out looking messy and pretty dumb.

Last edited by Inhuman on Nov 19th, 2017 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:25 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He certainly did everything and made JL seem pointless, but I just take it as making up for him being absent for the majority of the movie.

I am a Superman fan and it pleases my cock greatly tbh. But so long as that one instance of him being everywhere and doing everything
stays in this movie I'm cool. I certainly don't want him overshadowing the league on a regular basis. But shit...after that ending now we know why the mother box was inert when big blue was around lmao.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:27 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Inhuman
It makes the whole Justice League team up concept irrelevant. When the other guys are just pretty much Benchwarmers and not needed because Superman can just do it all himself.
I understand people want all the over-the-top nonsense from the comics to be portrayed to the film but it does not translate well to a movie and it just comes out looking messy and pretty dumb.

I don't see that, all the others did their job and it was quite crucial. Without Cyborg

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they are not going to destroy the mother box at all.

Batman did a lot, even bringing back Superman was his idea.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman did a lot in the fight as well.

Can Superman take out Steppenwolf? Yes.

Can he solve the whole crisis by himself? Not likely

I do agree the villain was a problem and Aquaman's power was too similar to the others, but this is not a reason to put down Superman.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:31 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Zack Fair
He certainly did everything and made JL seem pointless, but I just take it as making up for him being absent for the majority of the movie.

I am a Superman fan and it pleases my cock greatly tbh. But so long as that one instance of him being everywhere and doing everything
stays in this movie I'm cool. I certainly don't want him overshadowing the league on a regular basis. But shit...after that ending now we know why the mother box was inert when big blue was around lmao.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Without Batman, how is Superman going to come back and regain his sense?
Without Cyborg, how are they going to destroy the mother box?
Without Wonder Woman, the fight would be a lot tougher even if you got Superman because the job is not just taking out Steppenwolf.

The problem is not Superman, but the villain's design is mostly "beat him" so the others couldn't release their full potential.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:33 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Agreed. But it is hard not to feel like Superman was all that was needed. I can certainly see why people would feel like that.

That said there is definitely no way Superman would've been able to control and stop the invasion. And hell of a lot of lives would've been lost in the process.

I sort of feel the character and verse growing a bit. I dunno. Maybe I'm just still high off Kal-El's fake cgi lips. He looked so weird

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Agreed. But it is hard not to feel like Superman was all that was needed. I can certainly see why people would feel like that.

That said there is definitely no way Superman would've been able to control and stop the invasion. And hell of a lot of lives would've been lost in the process.

I sort of feel the character and verse growing a bit. I dunno. Maybe I'm just still high off Kal-El's fake cgi lips. He looked so weird

It's not Superman's fault, to be fair, the others did quite well other than Barry and Batman. Because it was Barry's first "big thing" as a superhero, and Batman is overall human, they just took away what doesn't really belong to him: the PIS armor.

The only problem is Aquaman and I've talked about it in the previous post.

BTW do you like my trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUsZuiFXO4

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:40 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Batman and Flash were the best characters in this movie. I was expecting a cringe worthy disaster from Flash, But he was good for the most part.

Wonder Woman wasn't bad she was just "there". Her dialog was way worst than in her own film. (Not her fault i guess). The opening scene with WW was ruined with her stupid theme song. Overall she was decent.

Aquaman was also just "there". Seemed like he was going to be a more interesting character from his scenes in the first half of the movie. Then he pretty much disappears into the background. (Also that loud rock song in his opening scene when he enters the crashing waves was distracting and out of place)

Cyborg was the worst character for me. Just a pretty bland character that was only was needed to speak when there was some technical jargon to be said.
And this is not getting into his look.

Lois was still doing her annoying "pop out of nowhere just at the right times" thing.

Last edited by Inhuman on Nov 19th, 2017 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 01:51 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Silent Master
Same with BvS and that movie was sh!t.

Nah BvS audience score was mediocre.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:15 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I understand people want all the over-the-top nonsense from the comics to be portrayed on the big screen but it does not translate well to a movie and it just comes out looking messy and pretty dumb.

If that's the attitude you're going in with, how do you not find that somewhat self-defeating?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

so any prediction on the box office?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:23 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by MrMind
so any prediction on the box office?
somewhere close to a billion....give or take a bit

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:28 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by -Pr-
If that's the attitude you're going in with, how do you not find that somewhat self-defeating?

Im a comic fan and a movie fan, but I can understand why movie critics (and general audience) that know nothing of comics would not like the film or thought it was flawed. They are not watching the movie knowing what the characters are capable of in the comics. They are watching to be entertained by a movie that should be well structured, have a fairly easy plot to follow, hopefully decent acting, few plot holes, good character development, good dialog, etc.

I already said I thought the movie was ok. It could have been better for sure.
All im saying is that a movie shouldn't get an auto pass because "SUPERMAN JUST LIFTED THAT BUILDING!!!XD", and he stomped everything in his path without breaking a sweat, when the movie had glaring problems. Especially making the other members of the JL look useless.

I liked FLASH. You know why? Besides his persona which was pretty good. They didnt make Flash go 1000000000000 X the speed of light, just because "its in duh comix!"
He wasnt using hax dumb speed force nonsense. He was making mistakes and fit in well with having superpowers but not making him ridiculous.
Thats what I think they got right "for the sake of the movie"
Little things like this help make these movies better. Using the source material but not if it makes the movie ridiculous and in this case the other members of the League and Villain irrelevant.

Last edited by Inhuman on Nov 19th, 2017 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:29 AM
Slowpoke

Im a comic fan and a movie fan, but I can understand why movie critics (and general audience) that know nothing of comics would not like the film or thought it was flawed. They are not watching the movie knowing what the characters are capable of in the comics. They are watching to be entertained by a movie that should be well structured, have a fairly easy plot to follow, hopefully decent acting, few plot holes, good character development, good dialog, etc.

I already said I thought the movie was ok. It could have been better for sure.
All im saying is that a movie shouldn't get an auto pass because "SUPERMAN JUST LIFTED THAT BUILDING!!!XD", and he stomped everything in his path without breaking a sweat, when the movie had glaring problems. Especially making the other members of the JL look useless.

I liked FLASH. You know why? Besides his persona which was pretty good. They didnt make Flash go 1000000000000 X the speed of light, just because "its in duh comix!"
He wasnt using hax dumb speed force nonsense. He was making mistakes and fit in well with having superpowers but not making him ridiculous.
Thats what I think they got right "for the sake of the movie"
Little things like this help make these movies better. Using the source material but not if it makes the movie ridiculous and in this case the other members of the League and Villain irrelevant.

That's false, the duty was to destroy the mother box, not to just beat the big bad. Superman couldn't do it without other's help. He was also brought back by Batman and others.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 03:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Justice League Reshoots Erased Aquaman’s Mythology

https://screenrant.com/justice-leag...deleted-scenes/

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 03:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Supposedly DC/WB is thinking about shifting DCverse focus on WW

lol.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 03:41 AM
quanchi112
Disney

"First of all, those hoping for a proper Man of Steel sequel should probably put that dream to rest. Despite being arguably the most recognizable superhero in the world, the Last Son of Krypton has proven to be an elusive property for Warner Bros. in the last three decades. Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns sputtered out in 2006, and Zack Snyder’s Jesus-obsessed quasi-trilogy with the birth (Man of Steel), the death (BvS), and the resurrection (Justice League) has been met with indifference. Not clearing $300 million domestic made Man of Steel a disappointment, but the third straight movie with him as a central figure will make far less than $291 million in the U.S. Granted none of these movies have been particularly amazing. Nevertheless, to a studio that is being asked to spend another $200 million on a character who hasn't soared with audiences in this century… that becomes a problem."

I told you all Superman is a failure and don't expect the dceu to give that pile of shit a chance. It's all about WW thank heavens. Superman is boring, his films have been sub par, and audiences don't really care about the flat character. Justice League might be the final nail in this pile of shits coffin. **** yes. He's awful and audiences have rejected him for years now.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...xt-for-the-dceu

It's dark days for the dceu but WW is the film the one and only truly bright light that the dceu needs.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 04:06 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Supposedly DC/WB is thinking about shifting DCverse focus on WW

lol.
I have said this for a while. WW is a success and she's just far better in their cinematic universe while Superman has continued to disappoint fans since his onset.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 04:11 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Jesus you need to get laid.

For all the trashing you're giving Superman, can you tell me how many films the Hulk as under his belt again?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 04:14 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by SquallX
Jesus you need to get laid.

For all the trashing you're giving Superman, can you tell me how many films the Hulk as under his belt again?
Universal is the problem there but you aren't getting the point. Superman is well known and he's hurt his own brand with each additional film. Thor 3 could beat Justice League at the box office and three years ago that was laudable to even suggest. It's almost sad if I didn't hate Superman but I've always said he's boring and shit. WW is where it's at in the dceu. ****ing great how she will take center stage over the disgraced and unappealing Superman.

I have won.

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 04:19 AM