KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » To end the discussion! Who's top DAWG?!

To end the discussion! Who's top DAWG?!
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

When going by feats I have to go with Norrin Radd. Other than getting laid there seems to be nothing he cannot do.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 10:48 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The recent punking by Superman aside, Thor's not getting any love here. Mjolnir can absorb magic. And he's no slouch in the strength and energy department. I'd love to see him, well written, go against Strange or Surfer.

Strange still has too many tricks and powers he can call upon, so I'd give him the nod overall.

And it's too early to say with Sentry. But he might just be beyond the other two in no-prep power.

Interesting discussion LP. These four should really, really fight sometime.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 04:28 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Surfer, cuz the effectiveness of his blasts seem to be on a subconcious level, if he wants to destroy a planet he can do it....with like.....a medium sized blast, so i give it to him cuz if he were to really cut loose he could probably wipe out half the solar system. plus you gotta remeber that he can absorb cosmic energy and store it, or redirect it, so if he decides to not store any energy and just channel it, theoretically he could have access to all the cosmic energy there is in the universe.

sentry is almost the same, but he doesnt absorb ambient energy willfully for attacks, thats just somthing his body does naturally to keep him alive and strong, he can only absorb vasts amount of energy all at one time when it is directed at him, so he cant just power up like goku or anything.

tho strange and thor have "access" to nigh infinite sources, they still are limited by how much they can, and are allowed to tap into at one time...strange especially.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 09:49 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see Surfer as THE best "on the fly" fighter in Marvel DC, he's got speed/strength/energy blast far above almost anyone. But, with prep he lacks behind everyone on the list. BADLY. He covers up his lack of prep skills with offensive power, but because of this, he can't compete with people like....

Thor. The Thunder God has access to skyfather magic. His hammer can do a multitude of different, powerful thing. But, all of them can be duplicated and improved upon by....

Strange. His arsenal consists of the most powerful objects in the multiverse, some of which are > Mjolnir. What he lacks in actual physical strength, he makes up for in raw power outage and above-skyfather artifacts. He can go from herald level to skyfather in 5 minutes. He can do anything, but his physical lacking makes him below people like...

Sentry. The near ultimate power. He's uber smart, strong, fast and durable. His power output is nearly unmatched. His intelligence is genius level. He's said to stalemate Galactus.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:11 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This is getting my mind working more than most good vs. threads.

Nice assessment above me LP....other than nailing down Sentry's exact power level (which no one can do yet) it's pretty dead-on.

Prep = 1. Strange 2. Thor 3. Surfer
No Prep = Surfer, Thor, Strange
Overal = Probably Strange, because if he can survive an initial attack, time is his ally.

Sentry's the wildcard...I don't feel knowledgable enough to place him.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:44 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

sentry clearly over thor. if u read sentry new comics it shows the past and thor is sitting waiting to die because viod is comming

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 07:15 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

On recent showings Sentry and pretty easily, if its classic versions of the others.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 01:09 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Mjolnir is a great equializer in any situation and is rarely ever used to it's full potential imo. It and Thor are highly underrated. Nonetheless, my vote goes to Surfer overall. It's too early to know with Sentry though...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 01:27 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote