KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DN Luke and Darth Traya versus Exar Kun and Ulic Quel Droma

DN Luke and Darth Traya versus Exar Kun and Ulic Quel Droma
Started by: Swirly Girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IKC
Antediluvian

quote:
Kun: chased down by a group of Massassi. Luke cuts his way through an army. Economic principles.

Kun: still believes himself dedicated to the Light even though he finds himself blocked to it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess the concept of context escapes you.

quote:
: "He became the Force, the Force became him."

And this is a quote from what? And this says what about his natural power? Nothing?

quote:
Luke in the Black Fleet crisis, Dark Empire...star ships and AT ATs down down.

Contruct a sentence and then get back to me.

quote:
A Jedi artifact not made for fighting, my God! That's SUCH power! Wow, to destroy a HOLOCRON!

Not surprising, you've failed to grasp a point.

On the one hand you have Luke who destroyed inanimate objects while still connected to his body and not insane.

On the other hand we have Kun who also destroyed inanimate objects while seperated from his body for 4000 years and half-insane.

Hm. Looks like his feat is laid to waste.

quote:
"The less sentience, the more power require.d" Planet of Twilight. Your opinion makes no difference.

Oh ho, so it isn't from the same source material? Looks like your claim is questionable then, especially since you refuse to provide context.

quote:
Palpatine froze an entire planet: Coruscant, to have Lusankya buried...then wiped their minds. Wow, suddenly the senate ain't so impressive...

Oh, you mean Darth "Dictator for Life" Sidious who could merely have ordered his citizens out of the general area (at least for the time being) and mind-wiped those who remained?

Right, that one.

quote:
Kun's so weak he needs Nadd to heal himself? Luke had every bone in his body broken and healed himself completely...if every Jedi could do that, why was Kun sobbing to Nadd for help?

Mostly because the Light was blocked to him and he was still a Jedi Knight and had not embraced the dark side?

Oh, and stop inserting your unsupported assumptions: There aren't any sobs depicted.

quote:
Luke also knows electric lightning, mortichro...engineered to kill Vong? Please..IKC bullshit assumptions ahoy! It worked on Kiliks too

Oh, it worked on Killiks? Provide the quote then, I'm sure we're all on the edges of our seats now that you've found the only other instance of Luke using the trick.

Wow, Luke knows force lightning... Count Dooku knows it too, is he a Force god?

Yaddle knew Mortichro. Is she a Force goddess? Oh, and remind me again how Mortichro is lethal? It isn't? Remind me again how it can't be resisted? Oh, it can?

Huh.

quote:
Wow, Kun's power hit the Senate! You eman...it hit its target? Luke's SHOCKWAVES out of duel were dropping people dead in their tracks...and what retcons? Time to prove up, IKC! I see your mouth flapping but no proof coming out! Where's the goddamn retcon?

No, Luke, Palpatine's, Leia's, and unborn Anakin's "shockwaves" were felt.

Oh, and the retcons exist in the little comic series called TOTJ. I don't know if you've ever heard of it? It establishes a whole host of beings more powerful than Palpatine or Skywalker.

quote:
Proof every Jedi was NEEDED for Kun! After all, wasn't Vodo just enough for Ulic? Kun didn't even TRY to fight and ran for his life....was Kun's power felt by every force sensitive in the galaxy? No, ok then...nice non sequitor, though!

I hope you know that "proof" is not a verb (at least not in the context under which you use it).

Apparently the Jedi thought they were needed, inasmuch as they went. And Kun ran? First I've heard of it. Wow, Kun didn't try to fight the most powerful, concentrated force of Light Siders the galaxy has ever seen singlehandedly. What a fool and a weakling he must have been since he didn't even try to fight thousands upon thousands of Jedi orbiting above his moon!

Oh, wait. That would've been stupid.

Oh, and Kun was felt by them. Or did we forget that Kun's outcry (described by Ulic: "A sound... like a man being eaten alive... or is it the wind?) as he is healed caused Master Arca to stop in mid-speech as the entire assembly of Jedi on Deneba heard him?

Oops. Funny, Kun's power alone was heard by all the Jedi, whereas it took a battle between Luke and Sidious (well, and Leia and Anakin) for them to be felt by Force-sensitives. Looks like Kun outweighs them by this logic.

quote:
Brakiss who was playing around with a star just to teach Zekk and was insinuated to have the ability to blow up Stars if he so desired? "I hope I never have to..." was his response when Zekk asked him, and he grew very troubled over the question.

Looks like you're ignoring the fact that Brakiss was sent running by a couple of droids and got blown up when some Royal Guard pretenders set his ship to explode.

That and Luke didn't even fight him, apparently.

quote:
How are dovin bassals different than black holes except in size? Still more than Kun ever did.

How are they different? Less matter, for one. There's also the fact that it's still mere telekinesis, and Kyp still replicated the feat.

And it's still irrelevant misdirection. Kun has telekinesis as well.

quote:
What the hell do you think illusions arE? Guess you better shut up about Sadow's power!

Problem is you've failed to grasp context. Sadow's (and Aleema's) illusions were tangible and could hurt/kill enemies. They required him to maintain constant concentration. This is in contrast to Luke's trick with the planet, which didn't require his own power and thus was less impressive a feat because of it.

quote:
Luke was described a very powerful force user in Truce at Bakura and the Thrawn Trilogy and in Dark Empire. And he took on Vader in ROTJ. OMG, bad choregraphy means what? Right, NOTHING!

Actually, "bad choreography" means they fought like shit. I guess Vader's emotional conflict (even mentioned explicitly by Luke) means nothing, either?

Sure, Luke's powerful in comparison to everybody else... which is to say, nobody. Who else was around to compare him to? Joruus, maybe? Screwball Joruus?

quote:
Yeah, because all force users can move around star ships and war machines!

I guess I must have imagined Yoda lifting an X-Wing out of the swamp without apparent exertion on his part.

quote:
Well, if wiping out blacks teams was so unimpressive, why was Arca shot in the back?

Well if you truly know how to debate, why do you keep bringing up irrelevant misdirections?

If you truly know how to read, why do you show no apparent reading comprehension and reply with inanities to my points?

Here, I'll post it again: A feat that no other could possibly replicate if put into identical circumstances! Oh, wait... I guess they could.

Try again. I'll be back later to see if you've grasped anything.

Last edited by IKC on May 2nd, 2006 at 08:25 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 08:20 PM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

So? It's still Kun running away. Luke is able to take down the Noghri during the Thrawn trilogy and the Ssi-Ruuk days after Endor.

Jacen, TUF? Ganner, Traitor? Jacen who became one with the Force and anniilated Onimi? You're arguing becoming one with the force doesn't equal power?

Ahhh, translation: "I can't respond! Insult time!"

One artifact cannot be used to harm you-the holocron...the other...can. Huh, fancy that!

What the hell are you talking about? Luke communicates with the crystals in Planet of Twilight.

Oh yes...evacuate Coruscant...and the Imperial city? Sorry, he still froze it, NEXT!

Kun: I'm not ready to die! Help me!...yeah, that's what we call sobbing for help

Can Dooku kill an opponent in one blast of FL? Luke uses it in the Dark Nest trilogy, find it.

Aleema's illusions could hurt people! BULLSHIT! At MOST they sent people into shock. Proof Sadow's injuries could hurt...anyone? Right, none!

More pwoerful? Where's the retcon! PROOF! PROOF! Oh, that's right, you don't have it! Because TOTJ never says so and so is stronger than any character from the movies! Nor does it retcon ANYTHING from DE! Luke, Leia and Anakin were felt? BULLSHIT! Sorry! But I provided the quote where it specifically stated it was Luke and Palp were felt, NOTHING ABOUT LEIA! In fact, it says she couldn't do ANYTHING to interfere!

If Kun could use a force storm? He'd have cleaned up the Jedi fleet. Proof the Jedi were needed? I want a QUOTE that says every Jedi in the entire galaxy is necessary to stop Kun...and yeah, Kun prepared the draining ritual to escape the Jedi. Great, the Jeid felt a disturbance in the Force! Was Kun's POWER being felt? No? Ok then! Was Kun';s power making people drop dead in their tracks? No? Ok then!

Brakiss left because his plans were ruined, he didn't believe in Kueller's ideals and yeah, whoever could die from being blown up! Wow! He STILL manipulated a star and Luke didn't fight him? BULLSHIT! The last book of the first series of the Young JEdi Knights books. Luke demolishes him.

Oh, my god! Kun had telekensis! When did he move black holes and space ships? That's right, he didn't!

Bad choreography. I guess Kun is deformed because of the art in TOTJ and that's not even touching on Freedon Nadd Uprising's art. And actually? Luke's described as incredibly powerful. Period.

SO...an X-wing is like an AT AT or a Star Destroyer?

Irrelevant misdirection? You're one to talk. POut up or shut up: Where did Kun do a thing close to the levels of power Palp have shown? Or even Luke? When was Kun described as anything close to what they've been? When did he show anything without wearing those gauntlets of his? When'd he tear apart the fabric of space? When was he felt by EVERY force senseitive over the galaxy-not just Jedi, and their power-just theirs- was killing people in the near vicinity.

Try again, IKC...or go back to drooling over Kun's ponytail. I could have statements from KJA and you'd argue with even him...and no explanation to what this retcon even was or how it was carried out....and here's the best part: In the book, Palpatine is said to know all known techniques, previously unknown ones and invents new ones at his pleasure. Hm!

Last edited by Lightsnake on May 2nd, 2006 at 08:48 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Oh, yeah, how is Mortichro lethal? It isn't...how is it dangerous? Just ask Arden Lyn, she spent 25,000 years in a coma due to it!

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

"I could have statements from KJA and you'd argue with even him..."

BTW, did you get that email yet?

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

If I did, it'd be posted...

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:22 PM
Admiral Akbar

Posted where?

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Here.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:34 PM
Great Vengeance

I agree with Lightsnake, once again.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Yep because he supports your favourite characer Sidious.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 09:22 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

All I got to say is Lightsnake=WTFpwned.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

All I'll say is Glentract doesn't know what he's talking about. Or he has the internet version of selective hearing

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:14 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sure...

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Yep.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:17 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

That's right.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:19 PM
Lightsnake

I swear, provide everything you can, actually ask for somethinc concrete on Ragnos back...

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:39 PM
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deception
Yep because he supports your favourite characer Sidious.

Pretty much.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It's got to be difficult being a Sidious fanboy. I mean, the blind devotion and undisguised bias is just something I couldn't shoulder.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Ye...Lightsnake why are you trying to convince us?

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:06 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I don't know, why are you trying to convince me Ragnos owns all? It's ironic Sidious supporters are bashed when ragnos is held on some kind of throne

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:41 PM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

We aren't trying, its just when we agree on something, you come in and attempt change it all.

Notice the Ragnos vs DN Luke and DE Sidious thread, how you are the only one trying to convince us..

Old Post May 5th, 2006 07:09 AM