KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Control - Kendrick Lamar

Control - Kendrick Lamar
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

TDE/Black Hippy are monsters.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2013 05:57 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Kmc has some of the best debaters and users ive come across ive got mad respect for you guys, but rap is really not your thing if you consider lamar to be a great, lol or good lol

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 04:30 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

And your definition of good would be.....?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 05:00 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

So Kendrick's verse in that BET Cypher, is he still trash Leon?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 01:17 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

One of the best cypher verses ever.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 05:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 09:37 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The joke's on Leon. As Kendick is bulletproof based on that massacre of everyone who ever doubted him, his non-belief means nothing.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 11:11 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
The joke's on Leon. As Kendick is bulletproof based on that massacre of everyone who ever doubted him, his non-belief means nothing.

High five!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 01:48 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

My definition of good in this case would be, eminem's verse on renegade, a "Great" would be Nas with One Love, or The message, or Krs One, with Return of the boom bap, or maybe even, Bone Thugz n harmony with the cross roads, Pac with well, 1 or 2 of his albums, Big L put it on or ebonics, Ice cube amerikkkas most wanted or death certificate, geto boys mind playin tricks on me, GZA liquid swords, raekwons incarcerated scarfaces, Ghostface killah with Iron Maiden any of the wu tang albums, and singles........Lamar doesnt even compare you guys are either deluded, or just arent very lets say, well educated in Hip-Hop/Rap......Haha, lamar is a great hahahaha funny shit

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 05:32 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I could go on but if you don't like those it probably wouldn't help.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2013 09:43 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Kendrick Lamar is solid. I wouldn't call him an all-time great yet. G.K.M.C was a solid major label debut. One of the better LPs I've heard in recent years (though, admittedly, there has been a predominance of bad releases in recent years). I personally wasn't feeling Section.80. Kendrick isn't even the best MC active, so to put him at the top of the mountain when cats like Nas, Blackthought, Elzhi or Phonte would eat his lunch while getting head from his wife doesn't sit well with me. What I do appreciate about Kendrick, however, is that with his success and maintstream exposure an emphasis on skill, substance, and lyricism is returning to the forefront of the genre in lieu of image/posturing/"swag". A big part of the issue in hip hop today, however, is the audience, which is something else Kendrick highlights. One of his biggest singles, Swimming Pools, is a cautionary song about over indulging in alcohol when socializing and getting swept up in peer pressure and the night life but it's been co-opted as a "turn up" anthem. The message in songs goes over a lot of the current audience's heads.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Nov 5th, 2013 06:00 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

The thing about him though is that he has the crossover appeal that those guys don't. I love Nas. I think he's the GOAT. Hell, I probably would say Life Is Good>GKMC but besides him those other rappers you mention get no shine.

Kendrick, while being incredibly dope, still is considered one of the top rappers mainstream-wise. Have to give him props for this. He hasn't sold out yet.

Look at Eminem. My favorite rapper of all time. Today, he's still technically as skilled as ever but his music has fallen dramatically. Kendrick is both technically skilled, as well as choosing good production all the while making great music as a result. He's just has that alpha male that awesome rappers like J. Cole and Big K.R.I.T. lack. He's ruling over the game with an iron fist to me.

Also, IMO Section 80 is the best thing Kendrick has.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2013 02:33 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

The other rappers i mentioned get no shine? Shit.
Krs-one is a lyrical god
Nas is top 3 for obvious reasons
eminem is more skilled now than hes ever been, his production value has fell heavily tho i agree
Ice cube is probably one of the most skilled emcees to come from the west coast
Raekwon, gza, ghostface and Inspektah deck are overall top 10's easily
Rakim, nuff said
Rza's probably the best producer second only to dre
Big L has freestyles which shit on anything Lamar has done
Eminems whole infinite album > own anything lamar has done
Mos Def has more soul and presence than any other rapper ive heard
even deep underground artists like immortal technique are more skilled than lamar
Tupac wasnt a brilliant rapper that being said, he more of an impact than nearly every person mentioned on this thread albeit second to rakim.
biggie was incredibly skilled and had great flow
as far as being a GOAT lyricist goes or even GOAT rapper, Lamar just isnt on that level or even close to it... Props for lamar though, I like that hes trying to bring back that competitiveness back and that raw feel to hip/hop, his message is great but his skill isnt close to ANY of the guys ive mentioned, at all.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2013 06:33 PM
Darth Martin

Calm down. I was referring to this:
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Kendrick isn't even the best MC active, so to put him at the top of the mountain when cats like Nas, Blackthought, Elzhi or Phonte would eat his lunch while getting head from his wife doesn't sit well with me.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 08:59 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Nas & BlackThought >>>>>> Lamar

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 02:59 PM
Darth Martin

From a career standpoint, yes, Nas is the GOAT. But, today, if both were to hop on a track together it's not like Nas would make Kendrick look retarded.

Did you even listen to the tracks I posted?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 06:33 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Originally posted by Darth Martin
From a career standpoint, yes, Nas is the GOAT. But, today, if both were to hop on a track together it's not like Nas would make Kendrick look retarded.

Did you even listen to the tracks I posted?

Yeah i did, and it doesnt impress me, im sorry but Nas far superior than Lamar in everyway and if they did hopnon a track together, i'd imagine nas would outshine Lamar the same way Eminem outshined Jay Z's entire album with one verse on one track...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 07:16 PM
Based
iPinoy

Nas couldn't even do shit on one of Jay Z's most mediocre albums. Please. He's great yes but he's never making Kendrick sound retarded

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 08:52 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Yeah i did, and it doesnt impress me, im sorry but Nas far superior than Lamar in everyway and if they did hopnon a track together, i'd imagine nas would outshine Lamar the same way Eminem outshined Jay Z's entire album with one verse on one track...
Doesn't sound like your being very objective.

Renegade is whole different subject but I swear Hov held his own. Two of the best verses I've ever heard him spit.

Originally posted by Based
Nas couldn't even do shit on one of Jay Z's most mediocre albums. Please. He's great yes but he's never making Kendrick sound retarded
What are we talking about? Hope your not referring to BBC. Clearly wasn't giving any serious effort. God help you if you doubting Nas could slay Hov on wax right now.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 12:42 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Nas could leave jay z feeling like a vegetable with utter ease, and easily Kendrick,.

And Eminem outright made Hov look like a little girl. It was superbly woeful from Jay's standpoint.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 08:20 PM