KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3232 3233 [3234] 3235 3236 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aren't you morbidly ill or some shit? Shouldn't you be worrying about your health than wasting your time attacking "losers" on the internet?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

No, where the f-uck did you get that from?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:49 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
No, where the f-uck did you get that from?
Your lifestyle (alcoholic) certainly doesn't sound like one that's sustainable for the long run lol.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

1. Being an alcoholic is pretty f-ucking far from morbidly ill.
2. I'm not actually an alcoholic, I just have a high tolerance for alcohol which I abused in my highschool/college years.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:55 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right...

Well good luck with that. I'm sure you'll meet the criteria for morbidly ill soon enough. Can we ban alcohol now? 3rd leading cause of death in the world according to WHO.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:58 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Kurk
I'm sure you'll meet the criteria for morbidly ill soon enough.

If the resident f-ucktard says so I should be worried. I'm sure you are a certified doctor who's read my (nonexistent) file to know that.

Now go ahead and presume something else about my life as a form of retort. Maybe you'd like to call me a virgin or something?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:04 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the resident f-ucktard says so I should be worried. I'm sure you are a certified doctor who's read my (nonexistent) file to know that.

Now go ahead and presume something else about my life as a form of retort. Maybe you'd like to call me a virgin or something?
I just know statistics exist about increased likeliness of countless health issues. I don't know you; you do, so it would make you the bigger f*cktard to pretend like everything is just fine and dandy.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:08 PM
cs_zoltan

I don't know you; you do.

Precisely, yet for a college student you have some serious reading comprehension issues, because:

I'm not actually an alcoholic.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:12 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not an alcoholic? Forgive me then; you must drink alcohol for social purposes. I was under the impression that you binge drank and used it as an antidepressant.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 11:34 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

@MythLord

What do you think the punishment should be for this crime?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2bc28a...ads-guilty.html

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 11:41 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

I know that US citizens own almost half of the civilian guns in the world, I know that US has more guns per capita than any other country in the world, I know that every 3rd mass shooting happens in the US, I know that US has significantly more gun related homicides than any other high income country.

erm

Yeah sure thing. I love when people try to retort with the basement talk on the internet, as if you knew me. What's next, no u?

Zoltan, I love your banter with Kurk, but you are woefully ignorant regarding guns. Despite the countless amount of firearms in the US, the homicide rate has been steadily dropping since the 80s.

(please log in to view the image)

Regarding the every third mass shooting statistic, it is utter bullshit.
Originally posted by lazybones
That's honestly very interesting, haven't seen mass shootings broken down that way before. On the other hand, though, there was a recent study which found that the US only has 5% of the world's population but 31% of its mass-shootings, so that would suggest it's still a much bigger problem in America than other countries.

https://www.ft.com/__origami/servic...n&width=500

This study is quite frankly inaccurate. The criminologist Gary Kleck has detailed his issues with the studies. I will mention a few.

Problem 1: The study attempts to analyze 46 years of data. The problem with this is that "while data may be easily found for U.S. shootings, compiling information for developing nations could be all but impossible.". Due to the artificially low data, it creates a potempkin phased that indicates that the U.S. represents a higher bulk of mass shootings then it actually does.

Problem 2: Lankford, the author of the study, has not yet provided his methodology as to how he found the mass-shooting rates in developing countries. While Fox certainly is a skewed source, I found this passage interesting.

quote:
When asked for his data by FoxNews.com, Lankford declined to provide it. In his study, Lankford says he took NYPD data on mass shootings -- which he acknowledges misses international cases -- and "supplemented [it] with additional data” internationally. Lankford does not say exactly how he collected that additional international data, just noting that it came from searches of “open source” documents and that “all efforts were made to ensure that the same data collection methodology employed by the NYPD was used.”

The NYPD notes that its own researchers “limited [their] Internet searches to English-language sites,” therefore under-counting foreign mass shootings.

FoxNews.com asked Lankford whether he used the same language method as the NYPD, or if he searched using more than just English. Lankford replied that, “my data were not limited to English-language searches." Asked what languages he used in his searches, Lankford declined to provide that information.

“Lankford does not claim to be able to read all the languages used in those 171 nations, or to have made use of others with this ability,” Kleck said. “This method would result in a near-total omission of relevant news stories outside of the English-speaking part of the world.”

Lankford said he may share his methods with fellow scholars at a later date.

"I am open-minded about sharing data with other scholars for collaborative purposes, and consider those opportunities on a case-by-case basis. This is all the assistance I can provide at this time,”

Problem 3: The study is not even peer-reviewed.

And even if this stat was accurate, the US is not number one in mass shooting frequency nor mass shooting mortality.

The amount of gun-related homicides is entirely irrelevant given the variance in culture. The UK had a lower homicide rate then they do now before implementing gun control. Anyway keep up the good work with Kurk, but don't spew off about politics.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 12:29 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

^^
this nigga here, lmao.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Imagine thinking Norway has a bigger problem with mass shootings than the U.S. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Not an alcoholic? Forgive me then; you must drink alcohol for social purposes. I was under the impression that you binge drank and used it as an antidepressant.

Would be interesting to drink as an antidepressant since I'm not depressed. By the amount of assuming you do about my life one would think you'd get some right, but so far no luck. Keep trying tho eventually you'll presume something embarrassing right I'm sure.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 05:47 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Serbia's number 3?
Serbia hasn't had a mass public shooting since 2013, and even then the shooting killed only 13 people and was considered the bloodiest massacre we've seen this millennia. Meanwhile, America has a school shooting on a monthly basis.

Also, Kurk:
@MythLord

What do you think the punishment should be for this crime?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2bc28a...ads-guilty.html

Kick her off campus. She's an awful human being for taking such a serious issue and lying about it just for attention.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 09:22 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by MythLord
Serbia hasn't had a mass public shooting since 2013
that’s just what the leftist media want u to think. sad

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 10:09 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Switzerland has 1 civilian gun for every 4 citizens, the second or third highest after the USA, yet they haven't seen a mass shooting since 2002. I wonder why nobody speaks of this?

@MythLord

Kicked off campus and that's it? She could've ruined someone's life permanently with her accusations? No jail time? Really?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 11:26 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Switzerland has 1 civilian gun for every 4 citizens, the second or third highest after the USA, yet they haven't seen a mass shooting since 2002. I wonder why nobody speaks of this?

Perhaps the USA is merely a uniquely degenerate country that sensationalises mass shootings and has an overall lack of moral fibre.

Also I personally think that ammunition control is the way to go for the US in the future.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

i prefer the term “variance in culture”

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 12:56 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Perhaps the USA is merely a uniquely degenerate country that sensationalises mass shootings and has an overall lack of moral fibre.

Also I personally think that ammunition control is the way to go for the US in the future.
I agree

Also are you proud of me for finally fapping to Raven hentai?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 01:12 PM