KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Whats better Marvel or DC.

Whats better Marvel or DC.
Started by: Rawcus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How is JMS wrong?

i read that earlier and he's pretty much spot on about Warner Bro's.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 06:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
How is JMS wrong?

i read that earlier and he's pretty much spot on about Warner Bro's.

Nobody said he was wrong about movies. We're talking comics and other mediums.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 07:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Golgo13
We're talking comics and other mediums.

And one of those mediums is movies....roll eyes (sarcastic)

that's why this thread is in the "Comic Book Movies"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

And one of those mediums is movies....roll eyes (sarcastic)

that's why this thread is in the "Comic Book Movies"

Well, duh, but other posters are talking ABOUT OTHER MEDIUMS.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:05 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Golgo13
ABOUT OTHER MEDIUMS.

Oh rly?

thought they were talking about how to make bread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:08 AM
Senor Cage

Oh rly?

thought they were talking about how to make bread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, really, now shut up.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So you want me to shut up for having an opinion.... no expression

i see the person SpaceMonkey is quoting trying to make out he's speaking the truth.....he's only slightly right.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:13 AM
Senor Cage

So you want me to shut up for having an opinion.... no expression

i see the person SpaceMonkey is quoting trying to make out he's speaking the truth.....he's only slightly right.

No, because nobody said JMS was wrong.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:15 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sure someone out there disagree's with his views.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:17 AM
Senor Cage

Nobody here, though. Not yet.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 08:22 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by -Pr-
You're wrong pretty much completely, bar the stupid weakness part, but Marvel has that too, so you're still wrong.

Nothing wrong with disliking characters, but entire companies for outdated ideas? Come on.

True dat, a lot of people here making broad sweeping generalizations.

As for the topic: I generally prefer DC, all things being equal, they've had the more impactful stories overall.

So.

Movies: Marvel - the Bladeverse and Spidermanverse tip the scales for me. But in saying that DC has some low key titles under the Vertigo imprint. So DC has quite a bit more weight in the movie stakes than some people think.

Comics: Toss up.

TV: DC by a land slide.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 09:19 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Allankles

Movies: Marvel - the Bladeverse and Spidermanverse tip the scales for me. But in saying that DC has some low key titles under the Vertigo imprint. So DC has quite a bit more weight in the movie stakes than some people think.

Comics: Toss up.

TV: DC by a land slide.

Let's be honest. Marvel is ahead on the big screen by a landslide.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 10:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How is DC in a land slide on tv?....all they have is Arrow these days.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 11:40 AM
Darth Thor

Because SHIELD's the first thing Marvel has done in decades. DC had Smallville running for 10 years prior to Arrow, and like Arrow was a hugely popular show. Plus the Flash series is already confirmed for next year.

But still I agree, calling it a "Landslide" is probably pushing it at this stage.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 12:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Agents is ok, but Marvel haven't had a significant tv show in some time. DC's had Batman, Superman Animated, JLU, Smallville, Young Justice just to name a few: TV land has always been good for DC properties.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 01:11 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Because SHIELD's the first thing Marvel has done in decades. DC had Smallville running for 10 years prior to Arrow, and like Arrow was a hugely popular show. Plus the Flash series is already confirmed for next year.

But still I agree, calling it a "Landslide" is probably pushing it at this stage.

By history DC's story telling and production quality on TV has eclipsed Marvel's by a huge margin. So 'landslide' isn't far off the mark.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 01:14 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Let's be honest. Marvel is ahead on the big screen by a landslide.

Yeah, if you only count live action I agree. The Marvel street leveler movies especially, translate better in live action. Not that DC don't have the same (Losers and Watchmen come to mind), but Marvel have had better movies for their street level guys. Animation though: DC all the way.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 01:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In terms of movies? Marvel

In terms of animation? DC

TV? DC - Agents of Shield has been something of a disaster, imo.

Comics... Meh. Both have their great books and their shit books, so take your pick really.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 01:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Don't forget all those cartoon series. Batman TAS was ahead of it's time and still my favorite cartoon. Even though at the time, X-Men TAS was my favorite.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 05:21 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

So can we agree that movie-wise, at this point, Marvel wins?

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 11:44 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote