KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?

What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I skimmed. When I saw that he said it's artificially easy for white people to get into college (ignoring the laws that explicitly allow for the opposite) I kinda just decided he wasn't too bright.

True, but there were some things I thought were pretty good.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:06 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Apolloknight
True, but there were some things I thought were pretty good.

I agree that some of the historical stuff in there is very telling but when he tries to apply it to people currently it sort of breaks down.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:09 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

The one thing I see wrong with this thread is alot of people inability to listen to others, and some people assuming things off one persons actions.

-Just because one white guy is a racist, doesn't make all whites racist.

-Just because a black guy makes one white person a racist, doesn't make that black guy a racist.

-Just because you haven't seen racism in your lifetime, doesn't mean someone else hasn't.

-Just because a white guy depicts a black man as a thug, doesn't make him racist.

And that is the one thing fundamentally wrong with this Thread, nobody wants to listen to anybody else's experiences, because I think most of us will agree, what just started off as a comic debate with a writer, has gotten much bigger then that.

Everybody in life has different things they have seen or went through, in order to understand ones culture or their beliefs, we have to be willing to shut the hell up, put our pride to the side, and LISTEN, just LISTEN.

And then say, "hey, that sucks that you had to go through that, but here's how I feel, or I see it"

Hudlins no different, he depicted one military man as being racist, to me its true, I have experienced racism in the service, to somebody else, it might not, they have never experienced it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.

He depicted the Europeans as being racist, I mean and they were, you know, with slavery and all.

And then the whole doom thing, which I personally didn't find to be racist, but a True statement, IT IS TRUE what Hudlin had doom say.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong before, and I'll probably be wrong a few more times in my life, but hey, these are just my views and experiences, and when Im wrong, hopefully i can learn from somebody else's views and experiences. And to those willing to listen and respond with experiences of there own, I think we may be finally able to get somewhere.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:42 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I agree with alot of that but I still for the life of me cant understand why Doom would say something like that.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:45 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Originally posted by Alfheim
I agree with alot of that but I still for the life of me cant understand why Doom would say something like that.

Because he is the smartest A***** in the world.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:49 PM
Deadline

Because he is the smartest A***** in the world.

So you're saying he was trying to ***kiss?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:52 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The one thing I see wrong with this thread is alot of people inability to listen to others, and some people assuming things off one persons actions.

-Just because a black guy makes one white person a racist, doesn't make that black guy a racist.

-Just because you haven't seen racism in your lifetime, doesn't mean someone else hasn't.

-Just because a white guy depicts a black man as a thug, doesn't make him racist.

And that is the one thing fundamentally wrong with this Thread, nobody wants to listen to anybody else's experiences, because I think most of us will agree, what just started off as a comic debate with a writer, has gotten much bigger then that.

Everybody in life has different things they have seen or went through, in order to understand ones culture or their beliefs, we have to be willing to shut the hell up, put our pride to the side, and LISTEN, just LISTEN.

And then say, "hey, that sucks that you had to go through that, but here's how I feel, or I see it"

Hudlins no different, he depicted one military man as being racist, to me its true, I have experienced racism in the service, to somebody else, it might not, they have never experienced it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.

He depicted the Europeans as being racist, I mean and they were, you know, with slavery and all.

And then the whole doom thing, which I personally didn't find to be racist, but a True statement, IT IS TRUE what Hudlin had doom say.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong before, and I'll probably be wrong a few more times in my life, but hey, these are just my views and experiences, and when Im wrong, hopefully i can learn from somebody else's views and experiences. And to those willing to listen and respond with experiences of there own, I think we may be finally able to get somewhere.

I basically agree with you but pretty much no one has come off that way in this thread.

The whole Doom incident didn't make any sense at all imo. He's never been show as racist, what he said didn't really make any sense and is completely out of character for a villian who prides himself on diplomacy and intelect.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:57 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

So you're saying he was trying to ***kiss?

No No, the way I saw it, and knowing dooms character, is he is an A**hole first of all, Smartest man in the world second. I see doom as one of those types who gets a sick joy out of getting under peoples skin. Of course that just what I get from him.

Any chance doom gets a be a prick he'll take it. Only in Hudlins comic, that statement he made happened to be true, which in turn, got under storms skin.

Instant smile to Dooms face. (if you could see it)

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 08:58 PM
Creshosk

Now THIS is well thought out and logical.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 09:05 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

No No, the way I saw it, and knowing dooms character, is he is an A**hole first of all, Smartest man in the world second. I see doom as one of those types who gets a sick joy out of getting under peoples skin. Of course that just what I get from him.

Any chance doom gets a be a prick he'll take it. Only in Hudlins comic, that statement he made happened to be true, which in turn, got under storms skin.

Ah that actually makes sense and that doesnt make him a racist either just an a******.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

The whole Doom incident didn't make any sense at all imo. He's never been show as racist, what he said didn't really make any sense and is completely out of character for a villian who prides himself on diplomacy and intelect.

In hindsight it actually doesnt make Doom a racist just a jerk.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 09:05 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

But if that was they way Doom operated he would have just called Reed a f*cktard and been done with it. He seems to spend more time trying to get under people's skin by beating them at what they're best at.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 09:06 PM
Disappear

the main problem with what doom said, despite being racially charged and completely out of character, is that he and t'challa have had a working, near-friendship relationship in the past. they were almost entangled in a, what, five-way war [wakanda, latveria, atlantis, lemuria and i think maybe attilan,] but they've never had a falling out which would lead to doom insinuating t'challa's greatest aspect is that he's a physically-superior african. i'd say, as a means of attempting to justify it, that he did it to piss storm off. but i truly doubt that that was hudlin's intent, considering how often he's ignored continuity and personality traits in the past. it seemed like he just wanted to make doom another arrogant, ignorant white man who just happened to be a despot on the side.

i think, at least in speaking for myself, that i've tried to take others' experiences and personal accounts into view throughout this drawn out debate. but there are some accusations that were thrown which are just offensive, which do imply an innate racism based solely on being white, and which are simply insults to people who don't deserve them. that's when i've lost my cool and let my words just come out. so, for the harsh words i've used, i'll apologize.

good points, AK.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 10:43 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frostbite883
The Frost Man

So now that this debate is all settled, which Marvel comic do you
want Hudlin to do next(besides Black Panther)?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 02:10 AM
Frostbite883 is currently offline Click here to Send Frostbite883 a Private Message Find more posts by Frostbite883 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

On a certain level I'd like to see what he could do with LukeCage actually.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 02:14 AM
Dynamic One

This message is directly for 2damnloud but any one can read it. I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I've done years of research on racism, white privilege, and even the ideology of whiteness. The point of the matter is this, you can have all the proof you want to clearly point out racism and just the the overall barbarism of white people. However the fact remains that we are in a white patriarchal society. A civilization that contains policies and edicts that enforces their inhuman spirits. I don't fault you for attempting to spread knowledge, but it falls on deaf ears. You are not speaking their language. If you want PM me I can show you a library full of proof of what I am saying. Help you do your own research. Stay the course.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 03:41 AM
Dynamic One is currently offline Click here to Send Dynamic One a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic One Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Dynamic One
you can have all the proof you want to clearly point out racism and just the the overall barbarism of white people.
Yeah you're an expert on Racism. Look to your own feelings you know this to be true.

Its funny how people can be so racist when speaking out against racism. Because clearly only white people are barbarians. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 03:43 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dynamic One

Hey 2dl check out a book edited by David Roediger " Black on White: Black Writers on What it means to be White" It's pretty dope. It is comprised of essays using slave narrative all the way to 21st century writers like bell hooks. Also check out the autobiography of Malcolm X, W.E.B Du Bois, Assata Shakur, tons of them really get at me if you want some knowledge.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 03:56 AM
Dynamic One is currently offline Click here to Send Dynamic One a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic One Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

note to self: don't do "years of research on racism." might become an idiot racist myself.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 03:59 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Disappear
note to self: don't do "years of research on racism." might become an idiot racist myself.
I think there's a principal about becoming consumed by one's own work.

Dynamic One is living proof of your words and mine.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 04:05 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Ah that actually makes sense and that doesnt make him a racist either just an a******.

In hindsight it actually doesnt make Doom a racist just a jerk.

I know this so well. In many ways, Doom and I are alike.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 04:07 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote