KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Sidious -vs- The Emperor (Lord Vitiate)

Which Sith Lord survives in the all-out battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Emperor (Lord Vitiate) 7 20.00%
DE Sidious 28 80.00%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DE Sidious -vs- The Emperor (Lord Vitiate)
Started by: Rookwood

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rookwood
Can Vitiate react to someone who can clear 15 feet in two seconds?

Vitiate kept up with Hero of Tython in close combat even in weakened state didn't he? (Keep in mind that Hero of Tython was also extraordinarily talented duelist and immensely powerful in the Force.)

And also keep in mind that Vitiate can create duplicates of himself during combat situations.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 12:08 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

And also keep in mind that Vitiate can create duplicates of himself during combat situations.

LOL Why not just have him use his force mastery and dark side magic to fly at mach speeds??

Seriously who wrote this crap? I mean jeez I thought Dark Empire went overboard.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shinkoryu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why not?
Because you saying so doesn't make it so.

The clone body, due to not being able to sustain such power, is undergoing continues deteriorate. decay.
And this mean he is more prone to attacks how?

With the kind of guy Sidious is up against:

As they drew closer to the throne room, Revan's thoughts drifted back to his last confrontation with the Emperor. In all his battles, he had never faced an enemy with that kind of power. The dark side had radiated from him in palpable waves, his physical shell barely able to contain the crackling energy. (SWTOR Revan)
So are you saying he is more prone to dark side attacks too?

- Some moments are to be expected in this duel, in which no amount of protective measures will be sufficient to shield the clone body from extreme external abuse and the already internally stressed and deteriorating body is likely to easily end up getting destroyed in the process.
If thats the case, wouldn't Sidious be closer to death everytime he unleashed his powers? How come he didn't simply get ripped to pieces when he summoned his wormhole, which according to sourcebooks, require extreme amounts of force powers?

Wouldn't that have simply ripped him apart by exerting such power then?

Try to understand that Star Wars authors aren't stupid.

They aren't, but you are.

Force push doesn't damages an opponent unless the opponent hits an object or something in the process.
Which in this case, Sidious got knocked up against a wall pretty hard, but wait, how come he didn't simply dissentigrate?

And Palpatine clones aren't as durable as you pointed out here. A clone body would last a year maximum with its durability reaching zero point by the end of the period. The internal decay would begin from day 1.
Anything to back this up?

The very reason that Palpatine's clone bodies deteriorated was due to getting ravaged by powerful dark side energies from within, which were not even channeled on them offensively. Such powerful dark side energies, if channeled directly on these bodies, would absolutely shatter them.
Keyword, from within, again, how is this concrete proof that he will be more prone to damage from other dark side attacks used on him?

What proof do you have? What sources actually support your stupid and ridiculous assertion?

No. I try to maintain balance.
By coming up with stupid and ridiculous assertions? Sure as hell sounds like blatant fanboyism to me, which everyone on this forum calls you out for.

I like how some infer that Sidious is almost unstoppable yet (Pre-NJO) Luke disarmed him, and with help form Leia; both cut him off from the Force.
Because the majority of his focus was on controlling the wormhole and beginning to summon another one?

Last edited by shinkoryu on Dec 28th, 2012 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 04:28 PM
Click here to Send shinkoryu a Private Message Find more posts by shinkoryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by shinkoryu
Because you saying so doesn't make it so.

Palpatine wanted a body durable enough to sustain powerful dark side energies.

Originally posted by shinkoryu And this mean he is more prone to attacks how?

No. Clone body will be easier to destroy then a natural body.

So are you saying he is more prone to dark side attacks too?

No. It is hint of his immense power.

If thats the case, wouldn't Sidious be closer to death everytime he unleashed his powers? How come he didn't simply get ripped to pieces when he summoned his wormhole, which according to sourcebooks, require extreme amounts of force powers?

No. Sidious did not unleashed his powers on himself or did he?

Wouldn't that have simply ripped him apart by exerting such power then?

No. Was he unleashing such power on himself?

They aren't, but you are.

Can you keep this civil?

Imperfect clone body is a weakness of DE Palpatine. Whether you like this or not, does not makes difference.

"As one's body is consumed by the power of the dark side, the key to immortality is the growth of new bodies into which one can project one's own life essence. Unfortunately, because the clones are one step removed from the natural life process itself, they are much more vulnerable to the effects of the dark side, and age at an extremely accelerated rate. The only logical solution is to grow many more clones at the same time as backups." (Palpatine)

Which in this case, Sidious got knocked up against a wall pretty hard, but wait, how come he didn't simply dissentigrate?

Force push represents powerful dark side energy based attack? Since when?

Anything to back this up?

How about you give me an example of which clone body lasted more then a year?

Keyword, from within, again, how is this concrete proof that he will be more prone to damage from other dark side attacks used on him?

What proof do you have? What sources actually support your stupid and ridiculous assertion?

Logical deduction based on Sidious's own assessment of his clones.

By coming up with stupid and ridiculous assertions? Sure as hell sounds like blatant fanboyism to me, which everyone on this forum calls you out for.

I don't care. Most of the self-proclaimed judges here are even greater fanboys then me.

Because the majority of his focus was on controlling the wormhole and beginning to summon another one?

No.

Luke and Palpatine dueled in fair manner for a second time aboard Eclipse and Luke disarmed the latter this time. After this, Palpatine became furious and began to summon a Force Storm to destroy Luke and his allies. However, Luke and Leia joined hands and disrupted Palpatine in the process via Force Harmony technique; Palpatine lost control of his powers then, and this gave Luke and Leia the opportunity to escape while the Force Storm destroyed Eclipse where this encounter took place and Palpatine once again became an essence.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 10:50 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
If he can't then his power and force mastery is seriously over rated.

One gains speed and reaction through a good connection to the force. Which is either from being naturally strong in the force or by having a great mastery of it.

Vitiate clearly has both. The only way Sidious is Saber blitzing him is if he hasn't ever developed his Saber skills.

Again, it really depends on how generous or fair-minded the participants want to be.

On sheer evidence alone, the reborn Emperor would slaughter Vitiate by virtue of vastly superior speed.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 11:03 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Again, it really depends on how generous or fair-minded the participants want to be.

On sheer evidence alone, the reborn Emperor would slaughter Vitiate by virtue of vastly superior speed.

On sheer evidence alone, Vitiate can confuse Palpatine with his duplicates and then bring him down with his powers.

It goes both ways.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
LOL Why not just have him use his force mastery and dark side magic to fly at mach speeds??

Seriously who wrote this crap? I mean jeez I thought Dark Empire went overboard.

LOL

Well, it is good to note that Palpatine finally have competition. Star Wars mythos would be boring with hard and fast assumptions like the above guy makes.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 11:07 PM
shinkoryu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Palpatine wanted a body durable enough to sustain powerful dark side energies.
Correct.

No. Clone body will be easier to destroy then a natural body.
Incorrect, Galen Marek, Jorus c boath weren't "destroyed" easily because they were clones.

No. It is hint of his immense power.
Again, you don't get my point as usual.

No. Sidious did not unleashed his powers on himself or did he?

No. Was he unleashing such power on himself?
No, but unleashing vast amounts of powers should have caused further deterioration to his already deteriorating body, which actually did happen, but to his stable clone body in DE1, it had very minor affects, but in EE where he used a sabotaged clone body? Even minor force powers deteriorated his already sabotaged body to a larger degree.

Thus i see no reason why should he be more vulnerable to force attacks if he can withstand conjuring his own power into a massive scale.

Can you keep this civil?
Not with someone as stubborn and pig headed as yourself.

Imperfect clone body is a weakness of DE Palpatine. Whether you like this or not, does not makes difference.

"As one's body is consumed by the power of the dark side, the key to immortality is the growth of new bodies into which one can project one's own life essence. Unfortunately, because the clones are one step removed from the natural life process itself, they are much more vulnerable to the effects of the dark side, and age at an extremely accelerated rate. The only logical solution is to grow many more clones at the same time as backups." (Palpatine)
Ah, you quoted this from wookiepedia.

Its true that he is more prone to damage from the dark side, but how is this in anyway indicates he is more prone to force attacks?

How is it possible, that Sidious is even alive on a dark side nexus which has dark side energies ravaging the entire planet while at the same time not ravaging his body?(Byss).

That quote, which you posted, simply states that the negative aspects of the force, simply age and deteriorate his body quicker, it doesn't actually state that the dark side energies or force attacks outright kill him because he is already vulnerable. Meaning, if lets say somebody constantly barrages him with force attacks, it simply ages his body towards its dying state quicker.

Heck, in Empires end, Sidious was in possession of a clone that was utterly sabotaged where Sidious only had a matter of days to live, and every time he uses even a minor power, his body deteriorates even further. So yeah, i concede the point about him using his own powers wont deteriorate him.

Thus, if Palpatine was deteriorating at such an incredible rate in a sabotaged clone, and if even minor powers drained him further, that means his stable clones are way more durable than you think considering that he can summon a force storm without getting weakened, or drained one bit, but simply adds to his slow aging.

That would apply to force attacks as well.

Force push represents powerful dark side energy based attack? Since when?
When fueled by anger and rage, it is according to luke skywalker and kyle katarn. Which in this case Luke attacked Palpatine in a fit of rage.

How about you give me an example of which clone body lasted more then a year?
Galen marek, Jorus c boath, Luuke skywalker clone, Heck, the whole friggin GE stormtroopers.

Are you this stupid?

Logical deduction based on Sidious's own assessment of his clones.
Yeah well see the above.

I don't care. Most of the self-proclaimed judges here are even greater fanboys then me.

You DO care, which is why you flip out everytime someone calls you out on your fanboyism, if you didn't care, you wouldn't even be trying to convince me or anyone otherwise.

And yes, you ARE the greatest fanboy around here, i mean coming up with illogical and unreadable arguments while belittling the characters you outright dislike? You are no different mate.

Luke and Palpatine dueled in fair manner for a second time aboard Eclipse and Luke disarmed the latter this time. After this, Palpatine became furious and began to summon a Force Storm to destroy Luke and his allies. However, Luke and Leia joined hands and disrupted Palpatine in the process via Force Harmony technique; Palpatine lost control of his powers then, and this gave Luke and Leia the opportunity to escape while the Force Storm destroyed Eclipse where this encounter took place and Palpatine once again became an essence.
Don't forget that the only reason they could sever his force connection was because he was in the midst of summoning a second force storm in the vicinity according to the DE audio and source book.

Last edited by shinkoryu on Dec 29th, 2012 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 04:41 AM
Click here to Send shinkoryu a Private Message Find more posts by shinkoryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shinkoryu
Restricted

Account Restricted

On sheer evidence alone, Vitiate can confuse Palpatine with his duplicates and then bring him down with his powers.

It goes both ways.

Thats a stupid argument ey? You think a force user won't be able to sense if the duplicate is real or not? Jango had no problems with komari vosas duplicate and neither did luke have any problems with lumiyas phantoms.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 04:45 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Correct.

Thank you.

Incorrect, Galen Marek, Jorus c boath weren't "destroyed" easily because they were clones.

Those were perfect clones. Palpatine's clones weren't perfect.

Again, you don't get my point as usual.

No, you need to do some digging in this matter.

No, but unleashing vast amounts of powers should have caused further deterioration to his already deteriorating body, which actually did happen, but to his stable clone body in DE1, it had very minor affects, but in EE where he used a sabotaged clone body? Even minor force powers deteriorated his already sabotaged body to a larger degree.

Thanks for confirming my intended point. In the nutshell, quality of a clone matters. And Sidious only needed hands to unleash his powers; not his whole body.

Now imagine, if the whole clone body is engulfed by an extremely potent Force Lightning (described as a swirling storm of pure dark side energies), bombarding it, burning it and working to rip it from inside out. This is the point.

Thus i see no reason why should he be more vulnerable to force attacks if he can withstand conjuring his own power into a massive scale.

You are not looking at the picture properly. Palpatine, himself stated that his clones are vulnerable to impact of dark side energies.

Not with someone as stubborn and pig headed as yourself.

So you wanna play with me in this manner? I can return the favor in extremely worse fashion. My advice; don't.

Ah, you quoted this from wookiepedia.

Bothered to check the actual source? Wookieepedia doesn't invents quotes.

Its true that he is more prone to damage from the dark side, but how is this in anyway indicates he is more prone to force attacks?

Key point: Offensive applications based on pure dark side energies.

How is it possible, that Sidious is even alive on a dark side nexus which has dark side energies ravaging the entire planet while at the same time not ravaging his body?(Byss).

Apples and Oranges. Not even worth replying.

That quote, which you posted, simply states that the negative aspects of the force, simply age and deteriorate his body quicker, it doesn't actually state that the dark side energies or force attacks outright kill him because he is already vulnerable. Meaning, if lets say somebody constantly barrages him with force attacks, it simply ages his body towards its dying state quicker.

I knew that you will come up with this kind of interpretation.

"Unfortunately, because the clones are one step removed from the natural life process itself, they are much more vulnerable to the effects of the dark side, and age at an extremely accelerated rate. The only logical solution is to grow many more clones at the same time as backups."

Aging is a separate issue with Palpatine's clones. More notable drawback is that these clones were highly vulnerable to impact of dark side energies.

Heck, in Empires end, Sidious was in possession of a clone that was utterly sabotaged where Sidious only had a matter of days to live, and every time he uses even a minor power, his body deteriorates even further. So yeah, i concede the point about him using his own powers wont deteriorate him.

Good.

Thus, if Palpatine was deteriorating at such an incredible rate in a sabotaged clone, and if even minor powers drained him further, that means his stable clones are way more durable than you think considering that he can summon a force storm without getting weakened, or drained one bit, but simply adds to his slow aging.

That would apply to force attacks as well.

You have a point here. However, Vitiate's powers are potent enough to push even masters of Tutaminis to breaking point in seconds. Do the math.

When fueled by anger and rage, it is according to luke skywalker and kyle katarn. Which in this case Luke attacked Palpatine in a fit of rage.

Force push is a telekinetic ability. Nothing else.

Some examples of pure dark side energies based powers are Force Lightning, Force Drain and Force Storm.

Galen marek, Jorus c boath, Luuke skywalker clone, Heck, the whole friggin GE stormtroopers.

Are you this stupid?

No, but you are turning out to be stupid.

Kaminoan scientists were famous for creating high quality clones in the whole Galaxy. However, situation changed after the defeat of The Galactic Empire. Resurrected Palpatine wanted a Kaminoan scientist Ko Sai to make clones for him. Unfortunately for him, she committed suicide.

Yeah well see the above.

See above.

You DO care, which is why you flip out everytime someone calls you out on your fanboyism, if you didn't care, you wouldn't even be trying to convince me or anyone otherwise.

I am a fan of Star Wars; specially the Old Republic lore. I openly admit this. However, I keep an open mind.

What I find ironic is that other fanboys (themselves) accuse me of being one.

And yes, you ARE the greatest fanboy around here, i mean coming up with illogical and unreadable arguments while belittling the characters you outright dislike? You are no different mate.

Sorry. I disagree. Their are some fanboys here who never show flexibility in their opinion regardless of how much information they are fed with.

Don't forget that the only reason they could sever his force connection was because he was in the midst of summoning a second force storm in the vicinity according to the DE audio and source book.

What makes you think that Force Harmony technique wouldn't have worked otherwise?

Also, Palpatine had summoned a Force Storm before on Coruscant as far as I remember.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 11:18 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Thats a stupid argument ey? You think a force user won't be able to sense if the duplicate is real or not? Jango had no problems with komari vosas duplicate and neither did luke have any problems with lumiyas phantoms.

Depends upon how good an individual is able to conceal and/or overshadow the fake-ness of the phantoms/illusions. Vitiate's command of the Force is no joke.

Hero of Tython, regardless of being immensely powerful and talented, was striking Vitiate's phantoms/illusions during the duel. This suggests that Vitiate successfully concealed and/or overshadowed their fake-ness.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 29th, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 11:21 AM
The_Tempest

It's pretty clear the Emperor stomps. He's too fast.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 03:54 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by jadams3928
I definitely enjoy how you downplay one character's feats and then claim the other one is superior without any basis whatsoever.

I know you enjoy it because you're doing the same exact thing. Vitiate has never speedblitzed anyone. He hasn't even killed anyone in the game.

What does he have other than mind domination? Anything at all that can last in a fight against Sidious, the most powerful Sith lord of them all? Or do you not know Star Wars? I'm overrating Sidious, really? Did you watch ROTS? Or actually do you actually know who Sidious is? I'm not being sarcastic, do you?

OT: And do you know what basis means? Because you're not even trying to dispel the argument. All you did was use some cop out 3rd grade response. Spare me the sarcasm unless you out some sort of wit in them. We're not in kindergarten anymore.

Last edited by Based on Dec 29th, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I know you enjoy it because you're doing the same exact thing. Vitiate has never speedblitzed anyone. He hasn't even killed anyone in the game.

There was no need for him to kill anyone in the game.

quote:

What does he have other than mind domination? Anything at all that can last in a fight against Sidious, the most powerful Sith lord of them all? Or do you not know Star Wars? I'm overrating Sidious, really? Did you watch ROTS? Or actually do you actually know who Sidious is? I'm not being sarcastic, do you?

You're right, I don't know Star Wars. So lets use your retarded logic here. What does Sidious have other than Sabers? Your stupidity is noted.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 01:22 AM
Click here to Send jadams3928 a Private Message Find more posts by jadams3928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Are you going to be pissy with everyone who doesn't vote Vitiate here?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 02:05 AM
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm going to be pissy with anyone who doesn't offer an argument.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 04:37 AM
Click here to Send jadams3928 a Private Message Find more posts by jadams3928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Judging by your demeanor, that's anyone who doesn't vote Vitiate.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 04:50 AM
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

At no point did I even vote Vitiate. But when your competition is Sidous66 or Arhael, there's not much more room for disappointment.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 04:53 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by jadams3928
But when your competition is Sidous66 or Arhael, there's not much more room for disappointment.

Exactly...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 12:55 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Based
Vitiate has never speedblitzed anyone.

Because his approach to combat is different. He uses his command of the Force to tackle his opponents rather then through martial abilities.

He hasn't even killed anyone in the game.

So? This is a plot thing. This doesn't suggests that he cannot or have not killed Jedi. As an example, Vitiate would have killed Revan, if the Jedi's allies had not interfered.

What does he have other than mind domination?

Maybe you are not paying attention to debates on this subject.

Vitiate;

1. Is most proficient with Force Lightning in the whole mythos.
2. Can create illusions/phantoms of himself during combat situations.
3. Can unleash highly potent blast of energies with bare hands. (Exar Kun performed this feat with amulets; Vitiate instantly knocked out an entire Jedi Strike Team with this power.)
4. Is highly proficient with TK.
5. Is very good at defending himself.

Furthermore, he demonstrates Abeloth like capabilities during SWTOR.

And this isn't all.

Anything at all that can last in a fight against Sidious, the most powerful Sith lord of them all?

Vitiate can handle Sidious with his Force powers.

Most powerful Sith Lord of them all is now an ambiguous fellato.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 30th, 2012 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 01:42 PM
The_Tempest

Dropped by Best Buy and stumbled across The Old Republic Explorer's Guide, which says that Dromund Kaas "bristles with a strong Dark Side presence that seemingly permeates every rock, vine, and raindrop across the planet."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 07:00 PM