KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » weapon h vs superman

weapon h vs superman
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
This made so sense because DD already evolved against intangible beings. Look what he did to Radiant in their rematch.
yeah,DD already had smashing MMH's phase power,WW states that DD "found some way around his phase powers"
https://i.imgur.com/7DjNUgI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/amUM6a4.jpg

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 11:44 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
Wouldn't this apply to Surfer vs Superman as well though. Surfer gains basic knowledge of the character, hes a threat. Why not just go intangible, create clone, black holes, etc... to prevent himself from being injured during combat. This type of logic would make battle board easy for someone like Surfer.
You're acting like most people don't already take Surfer's powers to the max in almost every thread he's in... Same with Hulk, Flash, Sentry, Thor, etc. etc. etc. confused

I don't know why we would assume that a base power, like speed, would be completely off the table in a match like this..? Especially when SO many leaps are being made for WH here without any hesitation.

This made so sense because DD already evolved against intangible beings. Look what he did to Radiant in their rematch.
That's not intangibility, imo. That's superspeed. Superman is leaving an afterimage.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 27th, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 12:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

"Superman uses his basic power of super speed to not get hit if he doesn't need to"

"OMG FULL CAPACITY SURFER CLONES"

Some posters are hopeless.

Different Doomsday.

H/P [i.e. DD WARS] Doomsday died at the hands of Imperiex.

Doomsday Rex [i.e. the one in the scan] is a different version, rebuilt from kryptonian DNA.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 12:32 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah.

I'm really not sure how anything I said regarding Superman using his speed for basic self-preservation is getting twisted into stuff like this:
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Also...
After this thread, I'm now confident that one would need more than big bang level power to beat Surfer. Otherwise....

Full capacity is exhilarating!!!
But I digress...

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 27th, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 12:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He has no feats with Domino's power though. Just saying.

It's funny how one side is arguing 'based on comics' and have nothing to show for Weapon H using Warpath's flight or Domino's luck powers, or speed, or anything beyond he's super strong and has claws ......

He has used Dominos power though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 12:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

i sent messages to phil and ds already, maybe i should have sent to galan too. i'm really not trying to stir sh!t up but i find the discussion very interesting. i was sort of fumbling around trying to make a clear point, but i think i finally figured it out after reading some of this.

no one--at least not me--is definitely standing there willing to be stabbed. i don't think it would be out of the question however--not because he was willing to be stabbed, but rather because he may very think he wouldn't be hurt. if, as has been brought up, we use basic knowledge, he would know nothing at all about wh since the public at-large doesn't even he exists.

by the same token, i'm unsure wh would even attack with his claws at the outset. he WOULD know more about superman here though, and that would be an advantage. i also stated in the OP that we assume wh has the full range of powers he is potentially supposed to have.

ANYWAY--my overall point: on kmc we're supposed to argue the CHARACTERS, not the power sets. IMHO, i think we should then FOCUS on character. i really do think we should define IN-CHARACTER, clearly. my opinion on what should define IN CHARACTER? whatever it is they are most likely to do in a battle BASED ON COMICS. REGARDLESS OF PERCEIVED PIS. as i've said, i think PIS can be explained in many cases.

that would mean superman would never start a battle seeing anyone as a statue. likewise, flash doesn't start fights at lightspeed. why? because in comics they don't. can they alter the way their powers are used as a battle progresses and in response to attacks? OF COURSE. would superman get cut here, then start to use his speed more effectively? of course. would he suddenly see wh as a statue? debatable but maybe. would ss enter a battle intangible and opening black holes behind peoples' eyes? certainly not, nor would he be likely to do so at ANY point in a match. maybe not even if he were about to die.

this approach would also still leave room for PIS. superman still isn't getting ko'd by a gas station.... but it would heavily MITIGATE the need to rely on PIS and allow for a more....balanced and comic-based/comic-oriented style of battle/debate. at least imo. i could be wrong of course. it would AT LEAST prevent some of the haxx abilities from being exploited in arguments.

at the end of the day, i think if we claim to be character-based in our approach, then shouldn't we focus MORE on character, and less on PIS and "powers"? a clear definition for IN CHARACTER would really help imo.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My problem with this particular thread is the assumption that WH has access to the full range of his abilities taken to their absolute max(even though we've never seen it on panel), but Superman won't even use his speed defensively for some reason.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:09 PM
carver9

Who said that though?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Browse back a few pages. wink

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:19 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by leonidas
would superman get cut here, then start to use his speed more effectively? of course. would he suddenly see wh as a statue? debatable but maybe. would ss enter a battle intangible and opening black holes behind peoples' eyes? certainly not, nor would he be likely to do so at ANY point in a match.

The problem that I [and I'm sure Galan and the rest, too, have] is that we're using something that is common sense [i.e. use speed to not get hit], and it's somehow not obvious that's what he would do, when it takes the minimum of intelligence. It is, quite literally, the most basic usage of power. It would be the equivalent of Surfer keeping the distance against Hulk by use his board maneuverability.

Surfer opening black holes in people's brains [that he never showed himself as able to do, only talked about, btw], would be the equivalent of Superman listening to multiversal harmonics and counter-frequency-ing people out of existence. And Superman has actually done it.

Surfer transmuting opponents [that you have used -- specifically recently in the Apoc runs the gauntlet [with Surfer in it] thread, for example] would be closer to Superman starting to lobotomize opponents with his heat vision [as he has done, against Black].

They are not the equivalent of Superman thinking "I better not get touched", and then using his basic, base power of "I'm fast" to not do so. Nobody is arguing that he scans him with X-Ray and starts a speedblitz pressure point fest [that he has done, btw].

etc.

There's lines that we draw [well, except the obvious posters, but everybody ignores them].

I think the most simple way to put this, is we should always ask "would a 10 year old fight this way?"

If the answer is yes, then that's the bare minimum the character would do.

And then we can move on from there, and apply what the characters knows and can do and argue for it.

But we must agree on a baseline [in this case "getting hit is bad. using speed so that attacks don't touch me is good"], otherwise we have no starting point.

And, as I have said before - speed is basic, and it is broken. If it was a complex part of a versatile powerset, it would be easier to argue against. If it was something that could be resisted, it would be easier to argue against. Even moreso, when we're only talking about "not get hit" - none of the vibrate intangible/invisible/speedblitzs into paste" stuff.

But it's not. And it can't.

And we're left with threads in which logic has to be taken to the river and drowned, in order to make it fair.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 27th, 2019 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:34 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He has used Dominos power though.

OK.

What has he done with it?

What speed feats does he have?

I asked that question on page 1, and NOBODY has answered me. Are we crossing feats and taking Domino's highest luck feats, stacking it onto Wolverine's highest agility feats, with Hulk's highest speed feats, on top of Sabes and Warpath? Is that how it works?

If we move on, it boils down to two questions.

1. How fast is 'base' Superman? You lot are saying he's not at his highest peaks, OK. What does he start with in fights where he's serious? Not trying to talk his opponent down, not trying to challenge himself, he's trying to win (as with all characters). Is he Lois Lane level? If a random geriatric DCU lady is given strength and a set of adamantium claws, does she tag him? Alfred? Penguin? Batman?

At what level does Superman enter a match?

2. How fast is Weapon H?

An addendum question (because I can't count): at what speed level does Weapon H enter a match?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:54 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And how does [Amadeus Cho's statement about Hulk] apply to a fight? His gamma maths is running to save innocents and civilians.....Doesn't say anything about him using it to fight.

It does, actually.

It says so in the following manner:

--------------

"How many times have you fought the military?
How many tanks and helicopters have you smashed?
And not a single soldier has died.

Yesterday, you brought down the Sentry's eyrie.
You smashed the top of the Baxter building.

You pulverized all these heroes ...

... and yet you haven't killed a soul."

--------------

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:01 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Phil
The problem that I [and I'm sure Galan and the rest, too, have] is that we're using something that is common sense [i.e. use speed to not get hit], and it's somehow not obvious that's what he would do, when it takes the minimum of intelligence. It is, quite literally, the most basic usage of power. It would be the equivalent of Surfer keeping the distance against Hulk by use his board maneuverability.

Surfer opening black holes in people's brains [that he never showed himself as able to do, only talked about, btw], would be the equivalent of Superman listening to multiversal harmonics and counter-frequency-ing people out of existence. And Superman has actually done it.

Surfer transmuting opponents [that you have used -- specifically recently in the Apoc runs the gauntlet [with Surfer in it] thread, for example] would be closer to Superman starting to lobotomize opponents with his heat vision [as he has done, against Black].

They are not the equivalent of Superman thinking "I better not get touched", and then using his basic, base power of "I'm fast" to not do so. Nobody is arguing that he scans him with X-Ray and starts a speedblitz pressure point fest [that he has done, btw].

etc.

There's lines that we draw [well, except the obvious posters, but everybody ignores them].

I think the most simple way to put this, is we should always ask "would a 10 year old fight this way?"

If the answer is yes, then that's the bare minimum the character would do.

And then we can move on from there, and apply what the characters knows and can do and argue for it.

But we must agree on a baseline [in this case "getting hit is bad. using speed so that attacks don't touch me is good"], otherwise we have no starting point.

And, as I have said before - speed is basic, and it is broken. If it was a complex part of a versatile powerset, it would be easier to argue against. If it was something that could be resisted, it would be easier to argue against. Even moreso, when we're only talking about "not get hit" - none of the vibrate intangible/invisible/speedblitzs into paste" stuff.

But it's not. And it can't.

And we're left with threads in which logic has to be taken to the river and drowned, in order to make it fair.
More or less.

It's not like I'm saying that Supes would use T-vo, Solar Flares, anti-harmonic frequencies, instant lobotomy, infinite strength, etc. to rape WH within the first attosecond of the battle. Hell, you don't even have to believe that Superman would use the full extent of his speed here, and/or straight up blitz WH into oblivion at the onset.

...But it seems really illogical to assume that he wouldn't at least use *enough* speed to avoid potentially lethal strikes from his opponent in a forum setting. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 27th, 2019 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:05 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Did WH get an upgrade?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:18 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Does he even need it? Why was this question asked?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:19 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Does he even need it? Why was this question asked?

Because I wanted to know if he got a goddamn upgrade. Don't troll me

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:28 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

There's some truth here. Weap H hasn't really battled elite speedsters.

Why i like Clark here still.
Lots of things to consider. Lots.

Also, is it just me or does speed seem to be treated differently from the other stats like strength for example?

Just an observation. Seems like it though.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:28 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Why i like Clark here still.

Just an observation. Seems like it though.

Which I replied to , goddamit

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
It does, actually.

It says so in the following manner:

--------------

"How many times have you fought the military?
How many tanks and helicopters have you smashed?
And not a single soldier has died.

Yesterday, you brought down the Sentry's eyrie.
You smashed the top of the Baxter building.

You pulverized all these heroes ...

... and yet you haven't killed a soul."

--------------

(please log in to view the image)

The maths is there to protect civilians.

Not in fighting heroes.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:32 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I KNOW!!!!!!!

U primadonna!!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:32 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote