KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » weapon h vs superman

weapon h vs superman
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty much.

The difference between Wally West and Creel, is we have examples that prove Wally isn't an idiot with his powers. So, there's some other reason Captain Boomerang gets anywhere with him.

Creel has no such showings like that. He's simply an idiot.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman goes into this battle with working knowledge of his opponent. So at a minimum he'd know that WH is really strong/durable, and has really sharp claws that are nigh-indestructible. He'd also know that the fight itself is restricted to a really confined space that maximizes WH's lethality.

That said, while Superman may not blitz every opponent he comes across in a comic(because that wouldn't make for very interesting battles for the RW readers), we also know he's not stupid. Thus logic dictates that Superman would, at the very least, try to evade(or possibly even blitz) WH in a forum battle, if he felt that WH posed a legitimate threat to him. Hence the use of superspeed here.

Imo, it seems more illogical to assume that Superman wouldn't use superspeed against WH in a forum battle if he felt threatened by him. I mean, if you know your opponent has the ability to injure/kill you, and you have the perception, reaction, and overall speed to avoid their attacks, why wouldn't you use it to save yourself?

...Now that doesn't mean Superman will melt WH's head off in the first picosecond of the battle. That would definitely be out of character.

Wouldn't this apply to Surfer vs Superman as well though. Surfer gains basic knowledge of the character, hes a threat. Why not just go intangible, create clone, black holes, etc... to prevent himself from being injured during combat. This type of logic would make battle board easy for someone like Surfer.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:35 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because honestly, Surfer isn't a fighter, and Superman is. Same reason many put him over J'onn.

One certainly can argue Norrin has the ability to beat just about anyone. Many do.

The fact is, in comics, he simply isn't Thor or Gladiator.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

That doesnt have a single thing to do with what I said.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:43 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wasn't that Batman's plan to delay Damage as much as possible?

My belief is that if a slower person tags a faster person, it's ALWAYS PIS.

Let's reverse it. Batman (you all knew this was coming lol). He tags speedsters all the time.

Is it PIS? If yes, then we stop. Assuming there's no context like the speedster is sick or whatever.

If no? Then Batman is either A that fast or B the speedster is that slow. Or C, the Carver level argument which is that Batman is strong against speedsters, like Lanterns are weak against bricks and speedsters are weak against bricks, whilst street tiers are strong against bricks like some retarded Pokemon game.

Then what? What happens when random mugger #4748 tags Batman? Does that mean he's faster than Batman, and thus, speedster level?

That really wasn't what I was getting at. Superman, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Thor, or any other character that you'd like to mention has a certain way that they fight consistently. You, wouldn't for instance claim that Mike Tyson fights like Bruce Lee. There has to be a cut off point for those that argue the full capacity rule, because they begin to drop character completely, and wander into the CIS free zone that has their character of choice throwing life threatening punches. Like I said, can you imagine Carver coming in and making a solid full capacity claim for the Hulk? Speedster or Flying brick would automatically be hit if we used the Hulk's most powerful reality warping, planet bustin thunder clap.

What about Jane Thor's Mother Storm? What character would escape these out of character attacks? For the record, I do not for one second believe that Weapon H wins this. Shit I can't wait to read Marvel's explanation on how he's even able to attain Hulk size with the Adamantium lacing his bones, but whatever lol.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:44 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Surfer isnt dumb. He gets basic knowledge of Superman. Why not just go intangible, create clones, power absorption, soul suck, create black holes, matter manipulate. Endless possibilities. He has done everything I've stated and again, he isnt the smartest but he isnt dumb either.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:45 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Surfer isnt dumb. He gets basic knowledge of Superman. Why not just go intangible, create clones, power absorption, soul suck, create black holes, matter manipulate. Endless possibilities. He has done everything I've stated and again, he isnt the smartest but he isnt dumb either.

Do you even know what they're arguing about?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:51 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Stoic
Shit I can't wait to read Marvel's explanation on how he's even able to attain Hulk size with the Adamantium lacing his bones, but whatever lol.

Nanos.
That's how he gets away with this.

Also...
After this thread, I'm now confident that one would need more than big bang level power to beat Surfer. Otherwise....

Full capacity is exhilarating!!!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 01:59 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm

I started the debate.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 02:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I feel like if I clarified my earlier position, it would just seem like I'm arguing with Galan, so I'm not going to go in to too much detail other than saying this: A character's personality still matters. They're not powersets or author avatars for posters to inhabit to the point that they're not the actual character anymore. Please keep that in mind when posting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 07:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

@celey, leo, cdtm, and Stoic (and to a certain extent, Pr):

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Lots of things to consider. Lots.

Also, is it just me or does speed seem to be treated differently from the other stats like strength for example?

Let's say I put you naked in a dark room (bear with me). Completely pitch black, you can't see anything.

I lightly touch the back of your leg with a red hot poker. You instinctively jerk away.

Are you able to control your speed then?

In this thread, Superman, the guy who is able to recognise Flash as he is outrunning Death past him, would be unable to react to meter long knives coming straight for him. OK.

Originally posted by leonidas
i don't get where you're claim of double standards comes in....?

Loads of other characters are speedsters and so, see the world in slow motion. Yet, we don't say they have to 'switch gears'.

quote:

confused what is wh doing here that he HASN'T done in all his appearances....?

Hit a speedster on Kal's level. Wolverine was used because....reasons.

quote:

i even said you're right, he likely wouldn't go for a critical blow, so, not sure what you're getting at. likewise with spidey and logan. not sure what rarely used ability they enter matches automatically using.

Speed. We give them their speed levels, yet somehow, Superman doesn't have his. What speed level does Superman enter a forum match with?

quote:

anyway, if we use full capacity, in the sense that hulk is a statue, why do we not simply argue highest end feats? seems silly not to, honestly. we say we leave out outlying feats because they go against the average, but clearly the idea of averages doesn't mean anything when it comes to speed, since in virtually every single appearance superman has ever made he does not use this level of speed. i guess i simply don't understand the distinction. the dos arc was a perfect example of superman fighting in character and amping his stats as needed.

Full capacity means he has access to one of his most basic powers....not sure why this is so hard to understand?

quote:

i still haven't got an answer to this. in reality, (and i am NOT trying to backseat mod, at all, nor am i trying to pi$$ anyone off) there really aren't many people left as part of this forum, so is it wrong to at least look at the way the rules have been defined up until now and perhaps consider if those are really still the best ways to look at things?

You are arguing that in character, Superman lets himself be stabbed. Not once, but repeatedly. And won't do a thing about it.

That really wasn't what I was getting at. Superman, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Thor, or any other character that you'd like to mention has a certain way that they fight consistently. You, wouldn't for instance claim that Mike Tyson fights like Bruce Lee. There has to be a cut off point for those that argue the full capacity rule, because they begin to drop character completely, and wander into the CIS free zone that has their character of choice throwing life threatening punches. Like I said, can you imagine Carver coming in and making a solid full capacity claim for the Hulk? Speedster or Flying brick would automatically be hit if we used the Hulk's most powerful reality warping, planet bustin thunder clap.

It's not changing Superman's style of fighting, though.

It's literally avoiding a set of giant knives slashing at your belly/head. I'm not saying he's using his speed to start doing mystical space ninjutsu, even though I can - I'm saying he's instinctively jerking away or avoiding hits.

Originally posted by cdtm

I don't think he does. Bentley and I had the first posts on it:

Originally posted by Bentley
Supes use his super speed to make Weapon H stab his own chest. And then makes his head bounce like a basketball against the ground at relativistic speeds.

Who has Weapon H beaten , who possesses speed on this level?

Leo, you might want to equalise speed as well. The only guy who can even attempt to catch up to Flashes fighting each other isn't getting cut by slower opponents, if he doesn't want to be, in a forum fight.

Full Capacity =/= ALL POWAH TO THE MAX. Superman doesn't enter the cage and start singing people out of existence - even though he has the 0.00001% of the time where he used it.

THAT is what you lot are all thinking Phildo Galan and I are arguing.

No.

Go back to my instinctive knee jerk reaction scenario. I have somehow managed to strike first, with my red hot poker. You jerk away (maybe you even do so before it touches your skin). Unlike strength where you can control it, or intelligence, or whatever....you jerk away.

Now imagine there's light in the room. You see me, a human level guy, coming at you with a red hot poker. Do you wait until I hit you?

I mean, full powah on means I can do all manner of things, right? I could wrestle it out of you, do a spinning tornado kick, headbutt you, kick you in the groin, whatever. Change my fighting style and beg for mercy on the ground. Piss myself in fear. All valid tactics.

But the main first tactic, is I avoid getting hit.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 27th, 2019 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 07:15 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

My understanding of Weapon H is that he's basically Cho Hulk, but with adamantium claws and the powers of a few other people? With that in mind, my view is basically this:

Superman will get hit at some point (even if it's just at the start), but not because he's slow. It'll be because he'll allow it to happen.

It just won't make any difference unless Domino's power kicks in.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 07:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He has no feats with Domino's power though. Just saying.

It's funny how one side is arguing 'based on comics' and have nothing to show for Weapon H using Warpath's flight or Domino's luck powers, or speed, or anything beyond he's super strong and has claws ......

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 08:11 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh okay, discard that from my post then.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 08:12 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Shit I can't wait to read Marvel's explanation on how he's even able to attain Hulk size with the Adamantium lacing his bones, but whatever lol.

It was already explained.

Lady Deathstrike's adamantium nanobots, which allow her to extend her limbs and claws (among other abilities), are present in Hulkverine.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 09:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Nobody talks about Wolverine or Spiderman switching gears, even though these guys are fast enough to see bullets in slow motion or whatever. If that was truly the case, they'd also be bored out of their skulls.

They do, actually. Spider-Man has his "blitz" and "adrenaline" modes.
Wolverine has his "Berzerker Rage".
And Wolverine used to get so bored he would sometimes pick fights with local merchants:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 10:08 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Why the double standards? When he fights Hulk, even though the Hulk interacts in 99.99999% of the time at human level speeds when talking to Betty and Rick, nobody here talks about him 'switching gears' when in a fight.

Yet in Superman's case, he starts the match at Jimmy Olsen Lois Lane speeds. For reasons. If people bring comic showings up, then sure, but let's keep comparisons fair.

Hulk's "gears" process on a level even HE isn't normally fully aware of, as Amadeus Cho pointed out in this now relatively famous scene:

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 10:14 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And how does that apply to a fight? His gamma maths is running to save innocents and civilians.....Doesn't say anything about him using it to fight.

In any case, Superman also has showings where he is shown to constantly process things at high speed, yet is ignored because 'of the majority' of his showings.

In short, you've proved my point about double standards. Hulk has that one showing in his 50 ish years of showings. And you apply it as gospel.

Why not Superman?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 10:26 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
or ya know...

(please log in to view the image)

This made so sense because DD already evolved against intangible beings. Look what he did to Radiant in their rematch.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 10:56 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That assumes the method of intangibility is the same..... tbf I don't know how MMH does it.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 10:57 AM