KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Book of Boba Fett

The Book of Boba Fett
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I have a theory, hear me out. The one who saved Grogu in the Jedi temple was… Anakin Skywalker! Yes, Anakin was already evil, but not fully evil. He saw the clones about to kill a baby youngling and he wasn’t still bad enough to allow such a murder. I bet he killed the clones and allowed Grogu to flee the temple

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well if the sequel trilogy is any indication there wasn't any Jedi around anyone that I recall. And wasn't Ben Luke's first student?
Pretty much everything we "knew" about Luke's post-RotJ history(which was very little anyway) is being retconned.

It could certainly be revealed that Luke was still training Grogu as of the ST era. That's what I mean when I say that I'm not sure what direction they'll go with him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Is Cobb Vanth actually dead according to you? I think he was shot near the shoulder, so i think he was wounded

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm really not sure what direction they'll go with Grogu, tbh.
Darth Grogu...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Total Warrior
I have a theory, hear me out. The one who saved Grogu in the Jedi temple was… Anakin Skywalker! Yes, Anakin was already evil, but not fully evil. He saw the clones about to kill a baby youngling and he wasn’t still bad enough to allow such a murder. I bet he killed the clones and allowed Grogu to flee the temple

Not sure that works as Obi specifically witnessed Vader killing the younglings, right? He mentions it in Ep3

But sure, they could retcon it that way.

But it would be easier to say that Grogu, due to his tiny size, escaped via an air vent (like Yoda did) while Vader slaughtered the others.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 2nd, 2022 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd be surprised if it were Anakin. The dude had no qualms with wholesale slaughtering younglings... Not sure why he would have taken pity on Grogu specifically. /shrug

I think Ahsoka mentioned in S02 that *someone* at the Temple saved Grogu though.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 2nd, 2022 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I'd be surprised if it were Anakin. The dude had no qualms with wholesale slaughtering younglings... Not sure why he would have taken pity on Grogu specifically. /shrug

I think Ahsoka mentioned in S02 that *someone* at the Temple saved Grogu though.
Cause he is a tiny baby and cute

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 10:27 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm crossing my fingers for Mace Windu tbh.

==

I enjoyed the hell out of the episode, but... it really feels like this should have happened in Mando season 3, not a Boba series. That and they didn't show us Luke meeting Ahsoka. WTF. It's a huge missed opportunity, which I hope they'll show in the Ahsoka series.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 10:42 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Pretty much everything we "knew" about Luke's post-RotJ history(which was very little anyway) is being retconned.

It could certainly be revealed that Luke was still training Grogu as of the ST era. That's what I mean when I say that I'm not sure what direction they'll go with him.
I think it's pretty obvious.

But we'll see I guess.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 02:24 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm crossing my fingers for Mace Windu tbh.

==

I enjoyed the hell out of the episode, but... it really feels like this should have happened in Mando season 3, not a Boba series. That and they didn't show us Luke meeting Ahsoka. WTF. It's a huge missed opportunity, which I hope they'll show in the Ahsoka series.
I doubt it'd be Mace, as the assault on the Temple/Order 66 happened after his death.

And yeah, hopefully the Luke/Ahsoka dynamic will be fleshed-out in the future, but I thought it was pretty cool to hear how much Ahsoka evidently respects Luke: "There is no place in the galaxy more safe than here with Luke." thumb up

On a completely unrelated note, this episode also retconned the 'destruction' of Yoda's saber in the comics:
https://ibb.co/QDLnrpc
https://ibb.co/k4wXwsb

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I think it's pretty obvious.

But we'll see I guess.
Oh Grogu could certainly choose to go back with Mando as well... We just don't know either way right now.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2022 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 03:24 AM
NemeBro

Amazing how small the galaxy seems in these shows. Star Wars media is nothing but self-referential masturbation at this point that refuses to let go of the past and grow.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 09:28 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by NemeBro
Amazing how small the galaxy seems in these shows. Star Wars media is nothing but self-referential masturbation at this point that refuses to let go of the past and grow.
Is there anything you like about Star Wars? 🤣

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 09:52 AM
Darthadi

They still don't get Luke...

Luke telling Grogu that a jedi can't form attachments, particularly father-son attachements, misses the entire point of the OT and PT. It's like Luke didn't learn anything. He's no better than the PT jedi.

That scene alone ruined the episode for me which is a shame as I liked it until that point.

Well, I guess it's consistent with the abomination that is ST Luke. I don't know why I expected anything else.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 12:06 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

You're being overly critical.

The problem is that Grogu's current attachment to the Mandalorian is preventing Luke from properly training him as a jedi because his hearts not in it. So Luke is giving him the choice to either go back with Mando, or stay there and continue his training without that attachment. In Grogu case it has to be one or the other.. he's to immature right now to handle both.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 12:46 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Luke tells him that having attachments is forsaking the way of the jedi and that he may never see the Mandalorian again. Nothing about his age being a factor. Luke's attachment for his father saved the galaxy, and that made him a better jedi than the old dogmatic jedi. He's a hypocrite to deny Grogu the same thing.

It's literarly the same mistake the PT jedi did with Anakin and his mother.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

You're missing the key point here. Luke could have attachment to his father, AND be a Jedi.

Apparently Grogu cannot do both, which is why he was given a choice.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i'm tolerating robo-luke. the new series material and format is comparatively better than the ST & PT films by far imho.

with that said, that second cockpit window on mando's new ship had me like , even more so than that dark troopers techno theme song from mando. and WOW are we laying on the cowboy western theme THICKLY. it's threatening to turn full-camp

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Feb 3rd, 2022 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

So Luke can have attachments, but the other jedi can't because Luke said so?
That would make him a hypocrite and worse than the PT jedi.

He told Grogu that he may never see Mando EVER again if he wants to be a jedi. The reason Luke saved his father and the galaxy was because he didn't listen to his masters when they told him to forgo his attachments.

Grogu not being able to do both because Luke says so is the exact type of reasoning that ****ed Anakin.

Unless this is some sort of test for Grogu(which I doubt it is considering Filoni aparently liked TLJ) this is just a fundamental missunderstanding of the OT and ROTJ in particular.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 03:58 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

You are just nitpicking.

Grogu can't be properly trained as a Jedi if his real dream is to be off running around with Din. So Luke is just giving him the option- go off on adventures with your buddy Mando, or stay here and train with me. Unlike the PT Jedi, who basically kidnapped children, Luke wants his new students to have a choice in the matter. He wants them to be at his academy willingly. If Grogu doesn't want to be there then he can leave. Simple as that.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i'm tolerating robo-luke. the new series material and format is comparatively better than the ST & PT films by far imho.

with that said, that second cockpit window on mando's new ship had me like , even more so than that dark troopers techno theme song from mando. and WOW are we laying on the cowboy western theme THICKLY. it's threatening to turn full-camp
Yeah, I agree all round, except I love a space western. I would like to see a WW2 Normandy landings style battle too at some point and maybe a trench warfare episode. Classic tropes always work!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2022 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote