KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

you keep jumping to arbitrary points while i bring up the simple truth of market stay power. thats what keeps the OT making money and the PT dwindling.

its absolutely true that TMP had an epic opening...but the reason for the later drop off is lost interest is film. simple as that. the current box office earnings are nothing more than a fizzle. you can grab for random issues which may affect sales. some people dont like wearing the glasses. the economy is rough. its not as old a film as the OT, etc. while these factors may affect sales by some percentage, collectively they are not the reason why few people are going to see it.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...id=starwars.htm

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 24th, 2012 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 06:59 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So they make money... we always knew that.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:44 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

and women be shoppin

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 09:51 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Iv just watched it today, and honestly, theres no need to spend money and go watch this in the cinema because well the 3d isnt anything special.

Iv got the movie on dvd, and theres little to no changes. Yes Yoda and Jar Jar look better. Thats great. But not worth me spending money to watch the film I have at home.

There was a reason to go watch the OT special edition back in 1997. "If you've never seen Star Wars on the Big screen, then you've never seen it at all."

That reason just doesnt exist anymore. Most of us have mini-cinemas at home nowadays with our 50" surround sound plasma screens.

And of course love it or hate it we all know TPM will never be as epic as the Original Star Wars.

But I still love the Star Wars prequels and Im not the only one who does. Not as epic or as successful as the Originals but then how many prequel/sequels are.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wait for the 3D versions of the OT then, I guess?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:01 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

are they still working on 3D retro-conversions after all this recent news? just curious.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 03:58 PM
Space Opera

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
are they still working on 3D retro-conversions after all this recent news? just curious.

Yep Fox still plans on releasing the OT next year.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Space Opera a Private Message Find more posts by Space Opera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

you mean ep4 or all of them?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 04:31 PM
Space Opera

you mean ep4 or all of them?

Fox still owns all of the distribution rights to the OT and PT, we're definitely getting ROTS and AOTC next year in 3d. The 3d conversions have been known to be happening for awhile, and it would be insane for FOX to not profit off the current hype surrounding XII by releasing the OT leading up to the release of XII. Considering that this has been the plan for awhile and that XII is a direct sequel to the OT, FOX would have to have their heads way up their asses to not see the profitability there.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Space Opera a Private Message Find more posts by Space Opera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

right but you said OT next year, not PT. thats why i asked.
not that im into retro-fit 3d, but even by their standards it seems
like jesus walking on water to finish both trilogies by next year.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 02:50 AM
Space Opera

Oh and sorry I didn't mean they are releasing the OT next year, I meant the year after. This is logic-based speculation though

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 02:50 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by HyperStream
Oh and sorry I didn't mean they are releasing the OT next year, I meant the year after. This is logic-based speculation though

I knew what you meant.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 03:13 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I knew what you meant.

no, you guessed what he meant.

Last edited by focus4chumps on Nov 4th, 2012 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 03:31 PM
Space Opera

Also, I've been getting into the terrible habit of accidentally writing XII instead of VII!! I think it's because I'm also just as excited for the Star Wars X trilogy as I am for the current one.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 06:55 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by HyperStream
I'm also just as excited for the Star Wars XXX trilogy
Mmm hmm, aww yeah!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 07:44 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Mmm hmm, aww yeah!

saw it; it was ok.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 02:21 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Next year, they are releasing 3D versions of both Ep. II & III a month apart - September & October 2013. They've moved up the timeline from the original idea of one movie a year. I have no idea if the recent sale complicates the schedule.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 10:50 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmm... maybe 3D is going in decline as well.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2012 07:48 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

well...retro-fit 3d is abysmal imho.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 10:22 PM
Space Opera

saw it; it was ok.

The 3D version?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 05:55 AM