KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The OFFICIAL 'Is there more than one Matrix?' thread

The OFFICIAL 'Is there more than one Matrix?' thread
Started by: killerarg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
killerarg

is there only one matrix ?

I don't think so!

At least, there are two

one: where every one lives, where they go to "fight"
two: where they think that they are free

If not, how do you explain the end ?
Neo stoping medusas
Smith inside a human "head" ?
Mmmmmhhhhh

A little stupid, but the best explanation, right ?

Old Post May 27th, 2003 04:54 AM
killerarg is currently offline Click here to Send killerarg a Private Message Find more posts by killerarg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeas..this has been discussed. Personally i think there aren't two. But i can't explain neo's doing.
If there were two..why should the machines bother destroying zion 6 times already and loosing 250 000 batteries every time?

Old Post May 27th, 2003 05:00 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

only 1 matrix. has to do with smith, part of him came off onto Neo and part of Neo onto him. that explains why the "human" smith was the only survivor from the counter-attack

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 27th, 2003 05:17 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Doesn't explain how Neo stopped the sentinels

I think there are 4 matrices.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 05:23 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Re: is there only one matrix ?

quote:
Originally posted by killerarg
I don't think so!

At least, there are two

one: where every one lives, where they go to "fight"
two: where they think that they are free

If not, how do you explain the end ?
Neo stoping medusas
Smith inside a human "head" ?
Mmmmmhhhhh

A little stupid, but the best explanation, right ?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/show...mp;pagenumber=7

At the bottom of the page was my best guess for the ending.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 27th, 2003 05:30 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

What i meant to say, Tex, is that just as Bane was unconcious and the only survivor of a massive sentinal attack, Neo too was in that same condition. Why of all people would only Bane survive? The answer is because he has been over taken by Smith. Smith/Bane stopped the sentinals that threatened him, just as Neo had stopped the Sentinals that threatened him, Trinity, Morpheus, and Link. Smith and Neo have a very strong connection between them. I'm sure we'll get to find out what it is in the next movie.

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 27th, 2003 06:56 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

I WANT ANWSERS NOW!

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 27th, 2003 06:58 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

I agree with Killerarg, but I wouldn't be suprised if there wasn't another level of the matrix.
I think some fans of the Matrix movies won't be happy with the answers when they get them.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:46 AM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

1 Matrix but Zion is within the Matrix

The answer to your quesetion Dexx, is in the architects conversation with neo. He said that 99 % of subjects accepted the Oracle's 'choice program' The other that didnt accept it needed to be removed form the Matrix to prevent them making things worse.

The theory goes that those that didnt accept the 'choice program' were removed and placed in zion thinking that they were free and that they were out of the matrix so their minds were no longer a threat to the first Matrix. The architect also implies that this is cylical and has happened 6 times before, ie that the choice program is flawed and there will always be 1% rejection.... hence Zion was setup within the Matrix to 'quarentine' these people.

My 2 cents ...

Old Post May 27th, 2003 09:35 AM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Smtih being in the real world has absolutely nothing to do with Matrices within Matrices- it can easily be explained without the need for such things, as has been done elsewhere.

If Zion were part of the Matrix then the humans there would not have ACTUALLY had the choice that is vital for the Matrix to survive. It is not in it, the real world is real, and Neo stopping the sentinels is merely the third in a line of impossible things Neo has done.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 10:00 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rat

Maybe Zion is a matrix because both Neo and Bane were in some 'unknown' coma after being affected by EMP - indicating that they are some sort of electronic program/machine.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:16 PM
The Rat is currently offline Click here to Send The Rat a Private Message Find more posts by The Rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superantonio

I'm agrre with nopy, there are two matrix. Otherwise there is not sence to kill the Matrix source. What is the unplug all the humans at the same time?, every one will be killed or awaked. There is not enough food and place for every one, in case they keep alive.

I guess the world as we know is still out there and the machines are not as threafull as they are in the Matriz or Zion. So, on the liberation day, they will awake in the real and intact world... or what about if they allways have lived in the Matrix and there is not such world...

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:20 PM
superantonio is currently offline Click here to Send superantonio a Private Message Find more posts by superantonio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIvan
pro

Two leveled Matrix is interesting thing, as it is compatible with story of rebuilding Zion (otherwise it would be stupid). Also it is great explanitaion how Oracle can pridict things, although they are dependent on the 2nd (whatever iti is)l world events.

Still I don't find any guarantees that the Architect is not lying about Neo v6. I regard that as some kind of system protection. Just like agents. Agents were there two physicaly stop Neo, and now new obstacles should make human stop believing (well they partially succed - Neo and Morpheus are despered after he came back from Matrix)

Also, Neo has no purpose in a circulated Matrix. People rebel even without him - actually it is not that he found someone, but he was found, also almost noone believe in him

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:04 PM
TheIvan is currently offline Click here to Send TheIvan a Private Message Find more posts by TheIvan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re-building Zion in the real world is not stupid at all.

The idea that is now going around that part of Neo's mind remained in the Source may also obviate the need for Matrices within Matrices. If part of Neo is still in the machine's mainframe then he would be able to affaect the Sentinels.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 27th, 2003 at 07:29 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by nopy

The answer to your quesetion Dexx, is in the architects conversation with neo. He said that 99 % of subjects accepted the Oracle's 'choice program' The other that didnt accept it needed to be removed form the Matrix to prevent them making things worse.

umm..no, that doesn't seem to be the answer to my question at all, nopy.
If Zion is within a matrix, they don't seem to not be accepting the program. So they're not making things worse for the system.
So the machines are destroying the city, with it's enhabitans, their ..'fuel'...REASONLESS... Just to respect some routine?

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:31 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed, the idea Zion is another Matrix is exceedingly tenuous.

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right, from now on ALL talk on this subject goes here, not spread across half a dozen other threads.

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:51 PM
trilight

I agree with Nopy.
I can't wait to see who's wrong.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 02:49 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How would making them think they were out of the Matrix help? They would still subconciously reject the programme and cause it to crash. Only their ACTUAL removal would work as a form of quarantine.

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2003 05:16 PM
Tuur

First of all: hi there!

I'd guess Zion represents the choice which has to be in the Matrix for people to accept it. Blue - Red: stay - leave.

It has to be one big Matrix. Even if there still is a part of Neo in the Mainframe, how would he be able to communicate with it when he is supposed to be outside the Matrix?

Neo is the one who is going to figure out they're still plugged in.

All IMHO of course smile

Old Post May 29th, 2003 02:10 PM
Tuur is currently offline Find more posts by Tuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote