KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Skynet/Cyberdyne

Skynet/Cyberdyne
Started by: Waggy the Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Waggy the Dog

Skynet

I was just thinking...

if they destroyed SKYNET in the second Terminator, then why the hell is there another one?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 08:46 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Watch T3

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 08:47 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

I did, and I obviously missed something. Could you please tell me

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 08:49 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

The military was doing its own work on the skynet system

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 08:51 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

Oh...I see.

Thanks

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 09:01 PM
skule
blissfully ignorant

skynet= developed by military
cyberdyne=doing robotic and cpu design/research, military contract.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 02:33 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

yeah they changed the name from cyberdine systems to cyber-something incorporated who developed the programming, the AI and then skynet. If t4 shows the war, they need to spread it out a little. SOme development @ skynet took place after judgement day, hence t-600, t-1 which is stupid would not have been called the t1 becasuse the t series were developed after the machines began having problems destroying humans thus the newest, the infiltrators. the hk's were like second generation units designed to locate and exterminate the enemy from the sky as were the ground hk's from the ground. it should have been called csm-1 and the flyer csm-2 the development of the t-800s should have taken place like in 2026 or something. and the t1000 (like csm -1001) in 2030. So they need to show the need to improve to the t-800 and then the t1000, the t-one million and the tx( which should be called the (csm-1201).And again the t-one million is stupic because it was not a trminatior, not an infiltrator. it should have been called like csm- 1000. they should show john connor adn show the winning of the war and skynet being destroyed before sending back the terminator. And in the finally, john sends kyle back anyway, to live his life with sarah

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 09:39 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

So what happened with Cyberdyne after it's being destroyed?...did Skynet or Cyberdine have a problems with sending back to the past new terminators?...and why it send back Tx, which is less powerfull then T-1000?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 10:24 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

Big question people, what if john never sends kyle reese back in time.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 11:15 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

The question is why did he send back Reese and T-101 to protect him? If he live in 2029, why did he send back to 1984 and 1991 terminator to protect him?!...if he survived...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 11:24 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
02blur

He sent one back in 84 to protect Sarah, then in 91 to protect himself, because Skynet sent back another to try and stop him.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 08:22 PM
02blur is currently offline Click here to Send 02blur a Private Message Find more posts by 02blur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

he had to send someone back in time because they found out skynet sent a t101 to terminate him or rather his mother, kyle reese volunteered i think most ppl may have forgotten this, kyle volunteered to protect sara and hence got sent back.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 01:52 AM
W. Lee Chojin
Just here...

Wow !! CoCooN .....
T-X is far more powerful than T-1000, liquid metal-T-1000, nano-tecnology-T-X, she can change her self into complex weapons, plasma cannon,agaisnt "swords and knifes" from T-1000 ....

The Usual Suspects - Verbal Kint

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 11:03 PM
W. Lee Chojin is currently offline Click here to Send W. Lee Chojin a Private Message Find more posts by W. Lee Chojin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

T-1000 is way strong then the Tx read some of the other posts in other sections fehhh Tx better the T-1000 Ok whatever..

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 11:08 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

Tell me one way how to destroy T-1000.....YOU CANNOT DESTROY T-1000!!!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:25 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

uh you can just melt the sucker like in t2!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 09:21 AM
dulobast25

yeah, they ALL can be melted

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:17 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

More to discuss on Skynet and the production of the machines.

i know we have sorta discussed this before but i will rediscuss. In T3 we see skynet becoming self aware. But however skynet is still a very advance software running on a computerand it controls all military applications. However, to go from a damn good version of a software to actually building and manufacturing machines without humans involved within one day(as the world changed with judgement day) is impossible. However one thing did come to mind though, the TX had come back thru time and used her nano bots in the T1(which is actually the prototype HK's)By introducing these nanobots did it somehow increase skynets knowledge or speed up its assimilation of information to the point that skynet now learnt and adapted to technology from the future,

ie i go back in time and tell my 15 year self the answers to an exam i ace that exam and gain a scholorship etc etc making my life better, making a million by the time i am 21 etc. That sorta thing.

Also another thing, the HK's were controlled by the tx, we never saw her using her nanobots on the aeriel hk but we assume she injected that one too. However when the tx was destroyed none of the machines would be controlled by anything, as skynet was not controlling the hk's also with the destruction on earth, i assume most factorys and plants are destroyed, how is it physically possible for skynet to build anything. There are no exsisting cyborg or robots that can be substitues for men to melt steel etc build a factory line etc building terminators and HK's

Or ...perhaps all this will be addressed in t4 smile

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 04:26 PM
bad banana

I would assume Skynet is so radically advanced as software that it controls machines as T-X does. If you think about it, even the simplest products in our world are factory-produced rather than handmade these days. It's quite possible Skynet seized control of the automated factories as mentioned before and mass-produced its army in this manner. Imagine how long building a squadron of robots would take by hand...humans are obselete when compared to machines for cold efficiency.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 04:49 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

skynet kicks ass

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 06:23 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote