KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Heroism vs. Terrorism

Heroism vs. Terrorism
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Heroism vs. Terrorism

In the downtown area of a big city, there has been a small war started. A terrorist and gang ringleader named Tejere has been starting attacks against opposing gangs and rivals. Somehow he has managed to wipe them out. When the mayor of the city tried to put a stop to this, he wound up dead too. Then the military began to intervene. But then the military found out what Tejere has been using to wipe out his enemies: super villains. These special individuals have been using their freak powers to slaughter and kill, and are being heavily paid by Tejere to carry out his plans. And Tejere's plans have also surfaced: world domination. With the group of super villains working for him, he could easily conquer all of man-kind.

The World Leaders are disturbed by this. They send more military enforcement into the area, but they need more help than that after just one of the super villains wipes out over 100 men. They have the military retreat, but the civilians of the city form their own form of military, so that they may fight the terrorists and gangs. By now the small war has spread throughout the city and is beginning to touch the rest of its county, meaning numerous cities are beginning to feel Tejere's sting.

There is one last resort that the World Leaders can use: super heroes. The U.S. public has begun to think all individuals with freak powers are evil, and the rest of the world, after seeing what Tejere's allies have done on the news and in the papers, are beginning to think so too. So, in a way, the super heroes are exiles. But the World Leaders decide to send them in anyway, to put an end to Tejere's reign of terror and bring the world back to the peace it had been enjoying.

On October 3, 2234, the super heroes are sent to the city of Goldenrod, which is now a shell of its former glory...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2003 09:43 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

This is just an idea for an RPG I would like to try and work out with you guys. I probably won't have it play right now, with Fire's "Shadow World" and Ush's "Lord of the Rings - Journey to Fornost" games playing. But, if you would like to hear more about it, I'll gladly post more.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2003 09:50 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am happy for more games to be run here!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 9th, 2003 02:05 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

yeah.keep on telling details....

Old Post Feb 9th, 2003 08:36 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Alrighty then...

This game will be in one thread. The Super Heroes are the characters being controlled by the players, and I control the Super Villains.

Super Heroes will be more like heroes who are getting used to their powers. They will not be all powerful. Instead of being able to fly for as long as you want, you can only fly for a short time in the beginning. There will be an upgrading system and template system like in Ush's Star Wars games.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 04:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

There will be quite a few templates: combat templates, power templates, physical templates, and all-around templates (reminescent of Ush's Star Wars again).

Combat means better fighting skills, a valuable thing when it comes to dogfighting. Combat has few powers, but is mostly good with advanced weaponry and has several combat styles, from Karate to streetfighting.

Power means...powers. Laser vision, control over the elements, and many more. There will be a limit to powers though. As you advance, they become stronger, for in the beginning they'll be weaker. And abserd powers will be denied...if we get any abserd powers.

Physical means super powers of the body. Super strength, super speed, flying, stretching like taffy, and feats that the human body can not normally do. I made this separate from powers because this is modifications to the body instead of the ability to shoot energy or control fire.

All-around templates will be a mixture of everything.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 04:39 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Combat Templates: The combat templates advance most in combat and physical abilities. Depends on templates.

Fist -- A Fist hero fights with his hands and feet, and sometimes (rarely) use melee weapons like quaterstaffs or bats. They are well trained in the martial arts and normal fist-fighting. As they progress, their knowledge of fighting grows and can fight faster and harder.

Bullet -- A Bullet hero is an excellent choice if you are more into using projectile weapons. Pistols, assault rifles, shotguns and the like are all in the Bullet hero's fighting vocabulary. Guns use many different kinds of ammo in the 23rd century. Plasma-encased bullets, needles, explosives, and much more.

Melee -- A melee hero fights with swords, bats, quaterstaffs, and anything else that can cut, bash, or snap. Quick and agile, they excell in duelling and the use of exotic melee weapons, such as energy swords or combat knives.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 05:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Those are the only ones I'll go in depth with for now, and I've created more.

Combat

Fist -- fights hand to hand, good with the martial arts.
Bullet -- fights with guns and other projectile weapons.
Melee -- fights with melee weapons, good with swords or throwing weapons.
Weapon Master -- fights with projectile weapons and melee weapons.

Power

Generator -- Can create energy that can be used as a weapon.
Elemental -- Has a special influence on certain elements.
Mutant -- Received powers and abilities through accidents or genetics.
Freak -- Has odd powers, like sucking life force from an enemy or control over light.

Physical

Athlete -- Good athletic capabilities; all-around physical template.
Hulk -- Abnormal strength and muscle endurance.
Flash -- Abnormal speed.
Hawk -- Can fly or jump high and glide.

All-Around

Inhuman -- Has abnormal physical capabilites and special powers.
Warrior -- Has abnormal physical capabilities and great with weapons.
Laserbeam -- Has special powers and uses exotic weapons.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2003 03:42 AM
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

Sounds cool. You've been watching too much "Justice League" on Cartoon Network, haven't you?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2003 05:29 AM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

looks good until now.....

Old Post Feb 12th, 2003 07:00 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, I am wondering if I should even have templates at all...there's too many.

Give any suggestions you have in mind.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2003 05:55 AM
Fitch
Free

I think u should make those templates though........

Old Post Feb 15th, 2003 09:17 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Just less of them. big grin

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2003 12:24 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

the more you make,the better it gets....

Old Post Feb 20th, 2003 10:22 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Okay, that's reassuring Fitch. I'll leave the templates as is unless you have some suggestions.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2003 04:59 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How is this all looking now, then?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 12:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, I think I've got an idea of how it will go and where the adventure will lead.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 03:26 AM
Fitch
Free

very good....

Old Post Mar 9th, 2003 08:30 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Ready for characters yet?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2003 08:28 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Care to give a ballpark figure for a starting time? Days, weeks, months?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 16th, 2003 01:28 AM