KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes Season 4 is a go....

Heroes Season 4 is a go....
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Heroes Season 4 is a go....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8144

Despite a ratings decline this season, NBC plans to bring back "Heroes" for a fourth season, said entertainment president Angela Bromstad.

The Hollywood Reporter says the network plans to order 18-20 episodes of the show for next season. That's fewer hours than "Heroes" first or current third season (which each had orders of at least 23 episodes), with season two having been cut short due to the writers strike.

For all its headline-making audience erosion, "Heroes" is still tied with NBC's "The Office" as the network's top-rated series among adults 18-49 this season. "Heroes" also still performs well internationally.

The network has privately discussed setting a series end date for "Heroes," which would followed the creative model used with critical success by ABC's "Lost," SCI FI's "Battlestar Galactica" and FX's "The Shield." But even if NBC ever made such a move, Bromstad said, they wouldn't want to make next season the conclusion.

IMO the show is barely holding on and is losing ratings fast.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 02:14 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Season 1 was excellent, Season 2 was muddled, and Season 3 is boring me fast. It looks like the gradient of the show's downhill drop is getting steeper.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 11:18 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I stopped watching Season 3 a few episodes in, it started when they moved it to another day and I missed it because of that. Just haven't bothered after the break they had. Same for Sarah Connor Chronicles...

Last edited by MildPossession on Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 12:02 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I guess its good news...i will take a ok episode of heroes over most of whats on T.V these days...i loathe reality T.V...but i dont expect the new season to be a great one....it seems like season 1 was the shows high point.....which is usually ok...but i would like to see a change in the shows formula

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 01:39 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I agree with Starlock, Heroes is miles above any of the reality television that is plaguing the airwaves. Not one of America's better inventions.

I'm not sure where they will go with Season 4, but I'll watch and find out next September.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought reality shows were an European invention?

Last edited by MildPossession on Mar 20th, 2009 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 06:41 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession

Allen Funts Candid Camera..for the win wink

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 07:40 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by MildPossession

I think MTV was one step ahead with the ol' Real Life thing. It's all a load of garbage anyway.

As for Heroes...Zzzzzz...Just saw episode 17...It's getting so dull, repetitive, and repetitive. They should quit now.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:43 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Next season episodes order is less..

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fewer-H...es-1005382.aspx

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 06:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

To be expected. They did hint at something at the end of the article...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 01:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrookeSmith

Actually I only loves Season 1...But I still watched all seasons and I hope it can get better...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 02:43 AM
BrookeSmith is currently offline Click here to Send BrookeSmith a Private Message Find more posts by BrookeSmith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Maybe we should start theorizing which direction the Fourth Season will take? Spoilers are already showing up as the writers hint at things. Bryan Fuller seems to think that what he's come up with for Hiro is going to kick ass.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 09:52 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

someone always thinks that and then it isn't no expression

we all know Hiro is just comic relife. i wouldn't mind finding out what the hell is the matter with him, however. how could someone with sucha kick as power be so...so...so NOT kick ass

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 05:58 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Why even bother with another season....since season ones ending..this show has been going down big time!...i see a season of melodrama and lots of bad writing coming up for season 4.....the season ending was just so bad...i dont think the show will ever recover.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 11:20 AM
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

In my opinion if they dont start putting some umph into this season, it might be there last one. I was so dissapointed with the last episode in season 3. They need to show us a fight. A good one. Maybe add some fresh new characters.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 01:40 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Why is everyone so disappointed and whiney? I'm going to keep watching Heroes but I might stop posting in the Heroes forum. Shit.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 09:16 PM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I feel you Rex. Honestly, it bother me at all that we didn't see a "good fight" The epiosde kept me glued to my seat in anticipation of what would happen next. Plus we had a lot of good twists that I didn't see coming. What more do you want?

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 11:28 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Captain REX
Why is everyone so disappointed and whiney? I'm going to keep watching Heroes but I might stop posting in the Heroes forum. Shit.

because it was disappointing? confused

I actually loved how they named the next Volume Redemption. Since Fuller came back to the show, we have had good episodes, but it will be foolish to not admit that there are many plot holes due to inconsistent writing. Not all can be erased in five episodes, and I think what has been done to correct some wrongs have been successful, but still not all is right, and the finale had many plot holes.
But a good S4 can happen, and I will watch it anyways...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 04:19 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i'm buying S3 dvd though, just to keep my head in the game. i have no problems with the show, just some of the characters and how they are written and probably the way the show is directed sometimes?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 04:33 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

I was a very strong fan for season 1-2, and loved Heroes.... And then... They changed their whole shows ideas to make it "more fast paced" for the audiences who didn't like a story unfolding slowly.

End case? Heroes got ****ed and should have been canceled by now. They've butchered the show beyond repair.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 04:37 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote