KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Skaar vs Cyborg, Beast boy & Starfire

Skaar vs Cyborg, Beast boy & Starfire
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Skaar vs Cyborg, Beast boy & Starfire

Fight on the Everglades.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 01:49 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Skaar IMO biggest challenge for him going to be Starfire. Cyborg's shields and durability just can't handle him IMO and Beastboy gonna get his head eaten even if he turns into a t-rex. Starfire flight is biggest threat IMO more so if she ferries cyborg around and lets him blast away and beastboy will be like a hummingbird or something hoping he doesn't get killed.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 02:00 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Team ftw.

Starfire on her own would likely give Skaar an unfortunate time. Even without tapping deep into her energy reserves and going nova, her starbolts have cracked mountains and knocked out new gods like Devilance the Pursuer. She's also durable enough to tank thunder claps or what-have-you and even engage him physically, with the help of comparable base stats and superior h2h capabilities, for a time. Once he's good and pissed I'm sure he would physically overwhelm her, but when SHE's pissed it wouldn't be out of character for her to blast him into unconsciousness.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2010 09:17 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Team, largely due to Starfire. She's not uber, but she's an order of magnitude (and then some) more powerful than she was classically; Cyborg is useful as support, while Gar is there to crack jokes. Skaar can get some wins, though, especially if he can get the pummel happening on Star (she's a better fighter, definitely, and durable, but she isn't *uber* durable, and can be taken down with enough force and/or a couple lucky/well-placed power-blows).

Beast Boy is the least useful in this conflict.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 03:13 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

does skaar get old power. Anyways Stars mobility is an issue as is beast boys. Beastboy can go large bird and carry cyborg around all day to pot shots at skaar and star will do the same. Unless this turns into a fist fight i just don't see skaar taking this.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 03:18 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

I think you're watching the cartoon too much. They don't really carry Cyborg around and his sonic canon isn't as powerful as Starfire's standard blasts, so going out of her way- sacrificing her own ranged offense- to enable him his own is lulzy.

Let's not undersell Beast Boy, by the way. His powers extend into rather exotic powers lately. He can turn into massively sized versions of typically small insects and, presumably, retains their physical characteristics in scale. On panel we've seen him turn into a giant ant (crazy strong), into mythical creatures like a phoenix, and even into swarms of flies and such. At the very least he'd provide some level of distraction, as his notable healing factor would allow him to be more reckless than, say, Cyborg.

edit: I'm hoping DC will wise up and let him occupy the forms of the crazier animals out there. The mantis shrimp, for example, can create cavitations as hot as the surface of the sun UNDER WATER with just a punch from its club hands.

Last edited by Konton on Dec 6th, 2010 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 08:15 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

wasnt an issue of cartoons I was just pointing out Skaar's lack of flight being a big issue here. I personally think its a matter of him not being able to get his hands on them that really kills him in this fight. Give him rocket boots and we'll see.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 08:24 PM
SamZED

Team.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 08:30 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Skaar.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 05:28 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote