KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Real life kick-ass in seattle

Real life kick-ass in seattle
Started by: General_Iroh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General_Iroh
White Guy

Real life kick-ass in seattle

Not sure if anyone else has posted anything on this, couldn't find anything though. So apparently there's a group of "superheros" going around Seattle attempting to prevent crime, and they're part of some nationwide movement, anyone heard about this?
http://www.geekosystem.com/real-life-kickass/

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 03:17 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That fool wouldn't last a day in any real crime infested city.

Good for him for trying though, I guess. Cool concept too.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 09:12 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Reavealing your secret id and hq not the best way to start a superhero career. Cool concept yeah, but he wont accomplish jack and noone will give a crap...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 11:13 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

If I had a costume like that I'd do a hell of a lot better than him, plus my costume would be cooler and I wouldn't be all like hey I'm Steve, here's my address..and heck I'll even take off my mask and let you all see what I look like...better yet here's my parents address too and a list of my fears.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 11:25 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so.. this is where Batman, Inc comes from???? lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 07:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Why does he call himself Phoenix Jones, but fights crime in Seattle?

If anyone should inspire copycats, it's the Punisher. Have organized troops of them, like the famous Guardian Angels from New York.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 09:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Civilian superheroes have existed for decades, and have had websites dedicated to them as well. They're only now being brought into attention because of media focus.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Why does he call himself Phoenix Jones, but fights crime in Seattle?

If anyone should inspire copycats, it's the Punisher. Have organized troops of them, like the famous Guardian Angels from New York.

You have to look at the feasibility of it. Those people would need to be willing to kill, and would need to continually evade law enforcement because their activities would attract far more attention. The level of scrutiny turned their way would cut any attempt short before long.

Something along the lines of a Kick-ass style hero, working to prevent petty crimes like muggings and car theft, is really the only sustainable superhero group, especially when they form buddy-system-type groups instead of acting alone.

Take this:
https://rlsh-manual.com/-So__what_is_RLSH__.html
...and their list of actions performed:
WHAT WE DO:

* Crime fighting patrols and/or reporting illegal actions to Police.
* Fliers asking for help with specific unsolved crimes.
* Missing person’s fliers.
* Promoting social/environmental awareness.
* Helping the homeless with food/water/blankets.
* Donating blood

It's really more of an altruistic mentality than anything resembling actual comic book style superhero-dom. As such, I think it's immensely commendable.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 02:51 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I still say we should get some generous comic book fan worth millions to invest in us Digi smile

Originally posted by Digi
Scenario: I'm a multi-millionaire who's in decent shape and I'm bored. I decide to hire a bunch of personal martial arts trainers (the best money can buy) to train me rigorously for a year or so. Here's where it gets interesting. Anyone who has seen Batman Begins will know more about this. The "smart cloth" that forms his cape actually exists for base-jumpers and other assorted things...it could be used to glide from rooftops. Lightweight bullet-proof Kevlar armor also exists. Some reasonable replacements for batarangs and such could be made easily. Other non-bat-gadgets could complete the arsenal (random grenades and stuff).

Given the money and the will to do it, Batman as we saw him in the movie could actually exist. It would be much harder to accomplish than the movie portrays, but it's well within the realm of possibility....at least I think so.

Thought? Musings? Confessions of "I am Batman" or "Damn, you ruined my plan Digi..."?? Discuss...

-DM

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t357947.html

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 03:21 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Blair Wind
I still say we should get some generous comic book fan worth millions to invest in us Digi smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t357947.html
Digi in Thor costume>>>>criminals.

Blair, you could be his sidekick.

stick out tongue

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 04:32 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I thought of that thread when I saw this. That was f-ing 2005, WELL before this stuff became popular. Those Seattle ****ers are stealing my ideas.

In all seriousness, I would do this if I had the time and resources to do it right. But it would include more training and funding than I have time/money for. And by "right" I mean I have lists of supplies I'd need, actions I'd be able to take to be as effective as possible without breaking laws, etc. Sh*t like that. A half-cocked attempt at driving through a city occasionally wouldn't be nearly enough for me, so I'd do my homework. And there's a certain amount of public excitement that a "hero" can bring that, say, a PI or police officer can't, so I wouldn't just wear the cape for show. I'd use the strengths of such noteriety in ways that would otherwise be inaccessible.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 11th, 2011 at 06:38 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 06:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Pretty keen to found that league of Supervillians actually.

Just like the heroes do kind and generous but not too overtly heroic things, we'd be dedicated to doing irritating and unkind things that are not too overtly villianous, like following people down the streets with air horns and randomly running up to civilians and knocking stuff out of their hands.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 07:41 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Pretty keen to found that league of Supervillians actually.

Sir! You offend me! For I shall correct your wrong-doing by dishing out my own form of goat-justice the way I only know how.

Here is my superhero costume
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=30

Have at you!

Just like the heroes do kind and generous but not too overtly heroic things, we'd be dedicated to doing irritating and unkind things that are not too overtly villianous

We would lay combat to you by subscribing your building to Highlights Magazines for children and TV Guide, the preferred guide of The View. Resistance is futile, for we have Oprah on our side.

like following people down the streets with air horns

We shall follow you closely with a vuvuzela.

randomly running up to civilians and knocking stuff out of their hands.

We shall pick up said dropped items, and then proceed to the nearest public bathroom to write your headquarter's phone number so that lonely truckers can dial it for a good time.

Your move, villain...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 08:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

!!

Originally posted by Scythe
Sir! You offend me! For I shall correct your wrong-doing by dishing out my own form of goat-justice the way I only know how.

Here is my superhero costume
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=30

Have at you!

We would lay combat to you by subscribing your building to Highlights Magazines for children and TV Guide, the preferred guide of The View. Resistance is futile, for we have Oprah on our side.

We are not amateurs cretin. Our identities are secret, and our nefarious weekly meetings are held in the local parks on a rotationary basis, the locations being told through a code that only the most brilliant and sinister minds can deduce. Thus, We have no postal code OR phone number !!!

Originally posted by Scythe

We shall follow you closely with a vuvuzela.

We shall pick up said dropped items, and then proceed to the nearest public bathroom to write your headquarter's phone number so that lonely truckers can dial it for a good time.

Your move, villain...

Fool, you have failed to realize that to me our contest is but a game of chess, and you have lost all pursuing the pawns!!

As our lesser members occupy your time, our true work shall be under way! the first step will be to paint disabled parking symbols upon every spot in sight, leaving the vast majority with nowhere to park, and that my good sir, is just the beginning....

I shall not reveal myself yet, but trust me, soon shall know the face of your mortal foe!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 01:06 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

The guy actually looked much more prepared then Kick-ass. Armor, tazers. Moreso then the average police officer.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 10:23 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Re: !!

We are not amateurs cretin. Our identities are secret, and our nefarious weekly meetings are held in the local parks on a rotationary basis, the locations being told through a code that only the most brilliant and sinister minds can deduce. Thus, We have no postal code OR phone number !!!

For this, they have invented Mapquest and Tom-Toms, we shall arrive early, for we are many. We are legion(?) We will find you.

Though you may occupy parks and other public areas, we shall lay waste to you from the inside of your establishment. The next time a villain steps foot into a park, we shall lay a trap in the form of a gorgeous girl willing to go back with them to their evil HQ's. Though she may seem innocent enough, we will mark her lower back with a tramp stamp of a happy little crab dancing with its pincers open. So that the suspician of crabs decays your established allies. That place will be more flaccid than Tom Arnold's bachelor party.

Fool, you have failed to realize that to me our contest is but a game of chess, and you have lost all pursuing the pawns!!

That is fine with us, for any chess game lost, it's best two out of three.

As our lesser members occupy your time, our true work shall be under way! the first step will be to paint disabled parking symbols upon every spot in sight, leaving the vast majority with nowhere to park, and that my good sir, is just the beginning...

This was futile, I'll personally disable your reckless team of evil-doers so in the end, this will work out for the best for them.

Though you may have Dr. Kevorkian, Ted Bundy and the late Manson on your side, we still have Oprah.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 11:30 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote