KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Which Cosmic Universe do you prefer?

Which Cosmic Universe do you prefer?
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Which Cosmic Universe do you prefer?

Which cosmic scene do you prefer?

DC:
Legion Of Super-Heroes
Green Lantern Corps
Omega Men
The Wanderers
New Gods
L.E.G.I.O.N.
R.E.B.E.L.S.
JLA One Million
etc...

Marvel
Eternals
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nova Corps
Asgardians
Annihilators
Galactic Guardians
etc...

LOSH
(please log in to view the image)
REBELS
Wanderers
LEGION
New Gods
GLC
JLA 1M

Last edited by Senor Cage on May 18th, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2011 11:29 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post May 18th, 2011 11:46 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

As I've been finding out of late, DC has some wonderful cosmic oriented stuff! What's really impressed me thus far in my burgeoning DC cosmic reading is that the dc bigwigs seem not to mind letting cosmic stuff stand on its own without being tied to an Earth string. They just let it be its own thing. If it sales 18k per month, so be it. Marvel on the other hand seems to be somewhat uncomfortable with letting the cosmic scene stand on its own.

Having said that, my favorite cosmic character is Marvel based so...

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:05 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For DC it would probably be GLC

and for Marvel Asgardians for me.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dmills
As I've been finding out of late, DC has some wonderful cosmic oriented stuff! What's really impressed me thus far in my burgeoning DC cosmic reading is that the dc bigwigs seem not to mind letting cosmic stuff stand on its own without being tied to an Earth string. They just let it be its own thing. If it sales 18k per month, so be it. Marvel on the other hand seems to be somewhat uncomfortable with letting the cosmic scene stand on its own.

Yeah I hated how GoG, Annihilation, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, Nova and all the tie ins kept getting tied into events on Marvel Earth...

?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:10 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I pretty much agree with this. I've always been a Marvel guy, until about 5 or so years. Had an opened mind and read some DC. Since then, DC has been my fav. universe overall and has a stronger cosmic type cast, IMO.

Have you checked out Omega Men mini series a few years ago? Pretty damn good. Plus LEGION and REBELS are pretty awesome as well.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 06:18 AM
Bentley
Seitei

It stands out that DC's universe is richer and more colorful, more books, and more mainstream characters. I like both universes quite a lot though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 19th, 2011 07:28 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I prefer DC's genre much more - the actual stories tend to be better overall, imo.

However, I'm not really liking where *I think* they're going in JLA, atm (ie. the Eclipso/Presence thing.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 19th, 2011 at 04:01 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2011 03:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Well think of it from their perspective.

How the **** can you have a story without Spider-Man, Deadpool, or Wolverine being involved? eek!

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 04:56 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I'm biased for Marvel on this one, because I think the background is so wonderful... What a shame they messed with the works of Kirby/Lee and Starlin... Still, Nova, GoG, Annihilation were all wonderfull titles/events. I wish now that they do something great with Galactus, because, what a mess he became...

Having said that, GLC in the recent years roxx hard

Old Post May 19th, 2011 07:50 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

^^^ I'm digging GLC! Just not feeling the splash panels that are space sucking wastes of ink. But then again they're "drawing the line at $2.99", so I suppose they will have to cut corners somewhat.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 04:50 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yeah I hated how GoG, Annihilation, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, Nova and all the tie ins kept getting tied into events on Marvel Earth...

?
laughing out loud I see what you did there. While that's absolutely true, I know from subsequent interviews that there was a struggle to keep it that way. Ultimately management won as you can see. Where are they now? In Limbo. Literally lol.

Keep in mind I'm not saying that they didn't like it, just that the philosophy was "its ancillary if it isn't tied to mainstream Marvel Earth goings on, and thus not prioritized". Yes that's a quote.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:04 PM
Gecko4lif

Tie between new gods and Asgardians

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:33 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

New Gods (although it would have been a close tie with the GLC title before the Sinestro Corps).

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:34 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

For Marvel I'd go with GOTG.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:38 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

DC - Lantern Corps. All of them.
Marvel - Surfer & Galactuss stuff mostly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 30th, 2011 11:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Overall I prefer the Marvel Universe and their cosmic oriented heroes and stories, but DC has gotten much better in the past couple of decades, thanks to some good work on the GL mythos.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 30th, 2011 05:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I think Marvel could do more with their cosmic scene. They should launch something similar to DC's Strange Adventures. A huge anthology type deal that includes a whole cadre of mostly less popular guys like Star Lord and the GOTG, plus possibly create new heroes in the long run. Expand their cosmic branch.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 08:05 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

DC:
Green Lantern Corps pre-current arcs.

Marvel:
Infinity Watch and co.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Most of DnA stuff.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 08:39 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Personally I'd be all into a misc. title with Sci Fi stories from all around the cosmic spectrum, I actually love comics encompasing different storylines and characters even if that's not the better way to sell books -one of the reasons I liked the Avengers to begin with is the rotating cast, in that aspect Bendis has been sort of a let down-.

Also, I just read Rann/Thanagar with the Holy war mini too, and they are very fun. Where does this cosmic line continues? L.E.G.I.O.N.?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 30th, 2011 08:42 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote