KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor VS The Sentry (In a Sword Fight)

Thor VS The Sentry (In a Sword Fight)
Started by: wildernesss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wildernesss

No prep/bfr. siege version of sentry. thor has the Odin sword. sentry has the grasscutter. fight is outside avengers mansion.

who wins?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 04:34 AM
wildernesss is currently offline Click here to Send wildernesss a Private Message Find more posts by wildernesss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:08 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Does Sentry even know how to use a sword?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:08 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Thor FTW

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:09 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk

even if sentry can only use it in a crude manner, he's so much faster than thor that it's unlikely thor could even react.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:29 AM
wildernesss is currently offline Click here to Send wildernesss a Private Message Find more posts by wildernesss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kasper Gutman

I doubt Sentry learned much about sword fighting while living as a junkie or later on when he was a shut in. Sentry impales himself.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 08:48 AM
Kasper Gutman is currently offline Click here to Send Kasper Gutman a Private Message Find more posts by Kasper Gutman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Sentry's speed edge will just be that, an edge. Which is more than balanced out by Thor's far superior skill.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 12:26 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Hmm not much of a fight. Bobs so unstable he'd be trying to impale himself with the sword entire time. thor wins stick out tongue

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 01:55 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk

My thoughts as well. he's faster than thor. Speed does not always negate skill however.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 02:21 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I don't know how much experience thor has with a sword. But i'm going to guess its a helluva lot more than bob. Thor takes this fight.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 08:52 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I don't know how much experience thor has with a sword. But i'm going to guess its a helluva lot more than bob. Thor takes this fight.

Centuries at least.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:26 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Black bolt z
he's always been pretty good with the sword.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ThorSkill11.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ThorSkill12.jpg

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:37 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

n/t

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by cdtm
Is that a girl playing Thor, of did he get transgendered?

lol

It's the art. Didn't much care for it either, but the story was good.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:47 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Centuries at least.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter.

After a certain point, there is no further improvements to gain in skill.

There is only so many ways in which a limb can move, and of course it applies to weapons as well. I'd say after a couple of decades, one has learned as much as there is to learn regarding the applicable techniques of any fighting system.

Also, Skill is such a vague term, it has no concrete meaning and it can't be quantified by itself.

The way skill is typically thought of, it can be comprised of these physical stats; reflexes/reaction time, general speed, and hand-eye-coordination.

hand-eye-coordination is perhaps the only facet in which Thor might have an advantage here.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:54 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by CosmicComet

There is only so many ways in which a limb can move, and of course it applies to weapons as well. I'd say after a couple of decades, one has learned as much as there is to learn regarding the applicable techniques of any fighting system.

Also, Skill is such a vague term, it has no concrete meaning and it can't be quantified by itself.

The way skill is typically thought of, it can be comprised of these physical stats; reflexes/reaction time, general speed, and hand-eye-coordination.

hand-eye-coordination is perhaps the only facet in which Thor might have an advantage here.

What?

Sentry might know that the pointy sharp end is the one that he needs to attack Thor with but that's about as much as we can assume when it comes to Reynolds and swords. Thor would wreck Sentry in contest of swordsmanship.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 12th, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:56 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by CosmicComet

It matters to the point that the skill Thor has clearly dwarfs anything Sentry is capable of. It also gives him the win here.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 11:58 PM
ozz81

thor as you know he has had thousands of years of experience in using weopons of all types... Sentry hasnt

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 12:00 AM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry might know that the pointy sharp end is the one that he needs to attack Thor with

Debatable.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 12:01 AM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

What?

An entirely fundamental, factual, truthful statement based on reality.

Not surprising that you could not digest it however.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 12:01 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote