KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Acid dousing in Pakistan

Acid dousing in Pakistan
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Acid dousing in Pakistan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17676542

quote:
Her name is Shama, meaning "candle", and she says her husband burnt her flesh as if it was a candlewick.

The young mother of four has just joined the ranks of Pakistani women doused in acid. She is scarred for life, with burns on 15% of her body. Her crime was her beauty.

"My husband and I often had arguments in the house," she said, in her hospital bed. "On that day before going to sleep he said 'you take too much pride in your beauty'. Then in the middle of the night he threw acid on me, and ran away."

When her husband fled, he took her mobile phone with him, so she could not call for help.

quote:
"All the colours have gone from my life. I feel like I'm a living corpse, even worse than a living corpse. I think I have no right to live."

Shama now lies in Ward 10a of the burns unit in Nishtar Hospital in Multan in Pakistan's Punjab province.

It is a monument to neglect. The plaster is peeling off the walls and there is a leaking pipe hanging from the ceiling. When patients need transfusions, their relatives are despatched to buy pints of blood.

But the doctors here are expert at treating women disfigured by acid - they see one or two new victims every week.

I've not heard of this before now. Crazy, heartbreaking stuff. I don't think this is just a matter of "ugh, Muslims" though, since Hindus in Northern India are just as bad with their dowry murders.

I think it's just a northern subcontinental thing.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Apr 19th, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 11:14 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I wonder if thats how Chris Brown felt also.

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 11:27 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Barbarians.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 11:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

this is bad

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 11:45 PM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Happens a lot in Africa as well. most high profile case in the UK is of Katie Piper who was a total babe and even after the acid attack would still get a 4 finger vigorous poke from me

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 11:49 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Misogyny...and revenge. And barbarism. And jealousy.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Apr 20th, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:10 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Misogyny...and revenge. And barbarism. And jealousy.

Sounds biblical.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Robtard
Sounds biblical.

Expect God's wrath for your insensitive observation. God is all merciful. Amin.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:28 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think there was something in the news recently about a girl who survived an acid attack a while back, but decided to kill herself now after years of surgeries and treatments didn't work.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:56 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

We need to bring Democracy to these heathen ass countries in the middle east. A McDonalds on every corner will deal with these barbaric acts.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 01:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

The sad thing is that this kind of thing happens in democratic India as well.

And yes, for all its faults India is probably the most democratic Asian country with the exception of the far east (Japan, South Korea, etc)

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 01:36 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Omega Vision
The sad thing is that this kind of thing happens in democratic India as well.

And yes, for all its faults India is probably the most democratic Asian country with the exception of the far east (Japan, South Korea, etc)
I think you're underestimating the tremendous impact Chicken McNuggets have on spreading peace and civility.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 02:00 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think you're underestimating the tremendous impact Chicken McNuggets have on spreading peace and civility.

(please log in to view the image)

Edit: Is cheese okay for Hindu's to eat? I guess if it's water buffalo cheese...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 02:56 AM
jeffw1999

On that day before going to sleep he said 'you take too much pride in your beauty'. Then in the middle of the night he threw acid on me, and ran away."(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:38 AM
jeffw1999 is currently offline Click here to Send jeffw1999 a Private Message Find more posts by jeffw1999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think there was something in the news recently about a girl who survived an acid attack a while back, but decided to kill herself now after years of surgeries and treatments didn't work.

Was this in Pakistan or somewhere in the West?

I think Bangladesh introduced death penalty for acid attacks, but I can't be sure.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:20 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It was Afghanistan, IRC. I think she was one of the kids who were attacked on their way to school that first made the news like 7-8 years ago.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 02:57 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Was this in Pakistan or somewhere in the West?

I think Bangladesh introduced death penalty for acid attacks, but I can't be sure.

For someone who is openly anti-islam, why dont you get the hell out of the UAE!?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 03:51 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by majid86
For someone who is openly anti-islam, why dont you get the hell out of the UAE!?

What does this have to do with the topic?

majid86, this thread is about dousing, not dosing of acid. wink

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Apr 20th, 2012 at 04:11 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 03:57 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

still promoting hatred

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 03:58 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by majid86
still promoting hatred

I'm glad you have come to realize what you are doing. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 04:00 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote