KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Acid dousing in Pakistan

Acid dousing in Pakistan
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Prolly cos Muhammad had cornered the market on marijuana and wanted fools to only do his drug.

Smart business practice, actually.

If you think about it, alcohol is far more destructive to a society then marijuana. It is the west that has this one all f*cked up.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:22 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by inimalist
So, I was watching this AJE doc about the heroin trade out of Afghanistan. During it, the journalist described an encounter he had with a smuggler:

First the smuggler showed him all the hash/marijuana he had, which was literally just strewn about the structure they were in, with little effort to hide it. Then he brought out opium, which was really only hidden in the bottom of bags and the like.

Then the smuggler, apparently grinning widely, asked if the journalist wanted to see the "hard stuff". The smuggler moved some furniture and lifted a rug, revealing a secret compartment in the floor. Within the compartment was a single bottle of, iirc, brandy.

Your anecdote totally reminded me of this. So funny to think of from the Western perspective, that someone would be more concerned to be caught with a single bottle of alcohol than with a large weight of opium or cannabis.

Hah. Yeah, it is.

I always wondered actually how the entire opium thing works within Afghanistan. I know that much of it is grown in Afghanistan and moved to be sold outside of it, but I always wondered how the whole thing worked, as in, were the punishments higher for opium or for alcohol for example. Is it illegal but tolerated?

From the story you just told, the penalty is probably harsher for alcohol if one goes to such lengths to hide it. Still...very weird from Western perspective.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:37 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Hah. Yeah, it is.

I always wondered actually how the entire opium thing works within Afghanistan. I know that much of it is grown in Afghanistan and moved to be sold outside of it, but I always wondered how the whole thing worked, as in, were the punishments higher for opium or for alcohol for example. Is it illegal but tolerated?

From the story you just told, the penalty is probably harsher for alcohol if one goes to such lengths to hide it. Still...very weird from Western perspective.

I know that a lot of American soldiers have been caught smuggling it back to the States.

And that the Taliban are profiting from it, IIRC a total reversal of their earlier policy prior to the American intervention.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 08:36 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah, I can believe it.

No God stands mightier than the dollar, it seems.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 08:44 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Even more interesting are the allegations that the Iranians may now be funding and equipping the Taliban...

...if true, it's a great example of why no one should invade Afghanistan: nothing makes sense and everyone will send weapons to everyone.

It's why Tsarist Russia never invaded. They knew the British, Germans, and Turks would screw them.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 08:55 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Omega Vision
...if true, it's a great example of why no one should invade Afghanistan: nothing makes sense and everyone will send weapons to everyone.
You kidding? Look at how many stories and fun tales we get from Afghanistan. If we stopped invading, the world would become just a little more boring.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 10:15 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You kidding? Look at how many stories and fun tales we get from Afghanistan. If we stopped invading, the world would become just a little more boring.

I think I could handle that boringness. wink

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 10:17 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Sounds like some shit that an emotionally insecure, immature, and jealous little man would do. I would say something like, "Those women in those countries should take back their power". Except for the fact that most of them never had any to begin with. Thus they should fight for their rights to be beautiful, and comfortable in their own skins, without the fear of some cowardly guy dousing them with acid or some other ghastly form of mutilation. In general, I have found that even in the United States when it comes to accounts of domestic abuse, that the people causing the abuse are under the assumption that they hold a form of ownership over their spouses or fiancees, when they technically don't even own the hair on their heads. I just find it strange that these things have been going on for years, and only now are they thinking of passing laws to stop this form of abuse.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 07:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Only now are enough them considering that this form of abuse is actually abuse. "Enough" being used loosely here.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 07:54 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seriously, why don't you reverse that statement like :''For someone so anti-British why don't you get the hell out of England''?

Besides, I'm restoring the balance. You're there complaining about the immorality of white British people, threatening Islamic domination, wanting to get rid of all white people there and staying the hell out white areas, and I'm here drinking alcohol, eating pork (yes, sold and allowed for non-muslims) smoking in public, not wearing the head scarf and staying the hell out of Sharja. Balance as Universe intended it.

You know, in Dubai, Muslims are not allowed to buy alcohol, but me, as a non-Muslim am allowed, so Muslims (who cannot get a licence to get alcohol) would ask me to buy alcohol for them from the shop.

Corrupting the Arabian peninsula...one bottle of whiskey at the time.

Please stop talking rubbish

I was born in the UK and have lived here all my life, The UK is my country and im not going anywhere so your gonna have to deal with that or do something about it.

So unless David Cameron is actually your hero Nick Griffin in disguise , where not going anywhere but you will be outnumbered within 20 or 30 years and im so happy that it will happen without having to lift a finger and so quickly

This is punishment for colonising India for around 200 years.
Queen Victoria must be spinning in her grave LOL

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 03:44 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

And my Arab brothers and sisters are enjoying the Westernism here, such as drinking, ignoring prayer time in favour of coffee breaks, shisha or general shopping. And they love it. And that's ok too. They like me being here for furthering their lavish lifestyles and I like the wage they give me. Win-win situation.

Jewish, Christian and Pagan Arabs didn't want to leave their native lands of Arabia either, but then they had to cos they all got killed or expelled.

Wanna hear a fun fact? Abaya with niqab here are, unlike in England, worn exclusively by Arab women. If a Pakistani or an Indian Muslim woman or any other non-Arab (this includes Egyptians, Jordanians and others) wear it, it's looked down upon with a manner of ''Are you trying to be Arab? You're pathetic''.

I can't tell who's under the Abaya, but apparently local women can. Something to do with what kind of perfume you wear and how you smell.
True story.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 04:26 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess we will both see in 30 years who win rule the UK but im pretty sure that my people will be the overall winners.

It wont be easy but im sure the White British population will FINALLY become a ethnic minority.

As far as Indians are concerned, i wish that they more Indian Muslims here in the UK not those stupid Fake Hindus/Sikhs/Christians Indians who kiss White British Butts so much and all the time. They are brown outside, white inside i will never have any respect for them.

And btw you are NOT an Arab

Last edited by majid86 on Apr 21st, 2012 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 04:52 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Is Majid still talking?
And my Arab brothers and sisters are enjoying the Westernism here, such as drinking, ignoring prayer time in favour of coffee breaks, shisha or general shopping. And they love it. And that's ok too. They like me being here for furthering their lavish lifestyles and I like the wage they give me. Win-win situation.

Jewish, Christian and Pagan Arabs didn't want to leave their native lands of Arabia either, but then they had to cos they all got killed or expelled.

Wanna hear a fun fact? Abaya with niqab here are, unlike in England, worn exclusively by Arab women. If a Pakistani or an Indian Muslim woman or any other non-Arab (this includes Egyptians, Jordanians and others) wear it, it's looked down upon with a manner of ''Are you trying to be Arab? You're pathetic''.

I can't tell who's under the Abaya, but apparently local women can. Something to do with what kind of perfume you wear and how you smell.
True story.

Interesting, I thought that Egyptians had been considered Arabs for centuries now.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:08 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by majid86
I guess we will both see in 30 years who win rule the UK but im pretty sure that my people will be the overall winners.

It wont be easy but im sure the White British population will FINALLY become a ethnic minority.

As far as Indians are concerned, i wish that they more Indian Muslims here in the UK not those stupid Fake Hindus/Sikhs/Christians Indians who kiss White British Butts so much and all the time. They are brown outside, white inside i will never have any respect for them.

And btw you are NOT an Arab

Of course I'm not an Arab. Speaking Arabic doesn't automatically turn you into one, does it?
Also, not being an Arab shouldn't stop me from calling them brothers and sisters, should it? Or perhaps it should in your mind....najis kufar can't possibly befriend and love Arabs.

Weird statement to make, majid. Unless you're a Saudi, Kuwaiti, Emarati, Qatari or Yemani, you're not an Arab either. I could be Arabanized though...could be. *enter X-files music*

Either way, your fantasy of taking over England is just that - a fantasy. You seem to underestimate the savagery of Europeans when they snap and do a 180 degrees turn from tolerant society into ''kill, kill, kill.''
Seriously, look at the history.

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Apr 21st, 2012 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:16 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Is Majid still talking?

Interesting, I thought that Egyptians had been considered Arabs for centuries now.

No, they're Egyptians. Them being conquered by Arabs didn't magically turn them into Arabs. Copts don't consider themselves Arab at all. You can call them Arabanized Egyptians as they speak Arabic, but not Arabs.

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Apr 21st, 2012 at 05:20 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:17 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Either way, your fantasy of taking over England is just that - a fantasy. You seem to underestimate the savagery of Europeans when they snap and do a 180 degrees turn from tolerant society into ''kill, kill, kill.''
Seriously, look at the history.
Breivik is just the beginning then?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:18 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Breivik is just the beginning then?

I sincerely hope not. *shudder*
Hopefully the end...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:22 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Egyptians have always been Arabs
There are over 350 millions Arabs living in over 20 countries (i think)

To me if your are an Egyptian/Lebanese Christian or an Egyptian/Lebanese non-Muslim then you are NOT AN ARAB

Ive been mistaken so many times for either being an Indian or Arab so many times over the years especially since i moved to London 5 years ago but i kinda have gotten used to it.

Apart Arab/Indian ive also been callled Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Iranian but the funniest thing ive ever be called was Mexican i guess that put me off keeping a Goatee forever

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:24 PM
Omega Vision

No, they're Egyptians. Them being conquered by Arabs didn't magically turn them into Arabs. Copts don't consider themselves Arab at all. You can call them Arabanized Egyptians as they speak Arabic, but not Arabs.

Well they've been Arabanized/Abarized for centuries now.

I'm sure the haploid groups are different, but I think (especially since Naseer) the Egyptians have had this notion of Arabicness.

Copts would obviously want to distance themselves from mainstream Muslim Egyptians.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by majid86
Ive been mistaken so many times for either being an Indian or Arab so many times over the years especially since i moved to London 5 years ago but i kinda have gotten used to it.
Really? You didn't try to stab them and scream at them for not understanding how amazing you are and how much everybody who isn't like you is evil?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:29 PM