KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Could Batman Actually Happen??

Could Batman Actually Happen??
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Could Batman Actually Happen??

Scenario: I'm a multi-millionaire who's in decent shape and I'm bored. I decide to hire a bunch of personal martial arts trainers (the best money can buy) to train me rigorously for a year or so. Here's where it gets interesting. Anyone who has seen Batman Begins will know more about this. The "smart cloth" that forms his cape actually exists for base-jumpers and other assorted things...it could be used to glide from rooftops. Lightweight bullet-proof Kevlar armor also exists. Some reasonable replacements for batarangs and such could be made easily. Other non-bat-gadgets could complete the arsenal (random grenades and stuff).

Given the money and the will to do it, Batman as we saw him in the movie could actually exist. It would be much harder to accomplish than the movie portrays, but it's well within the realm of possibility....at least I think so.

Thought? Musings? Confessions of "I am Batman" or "Damn, you ruined my plan Digi..."?? Discuss...

-DM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Damn, you ruined my plan Digi!!!!!

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:34 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

You could still be Puppyman Blair. wink

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:41 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Re: Could Batman Actually Happen??

Even if you did train yourself like him, you probably wouldn't have the motivation to do it for so long and your psyche would probably not handle the continuous battle against the psychos on a regular basis. Shouldn't this be in the Batman forum?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:43 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Maybe it should be in the Bats forum, but not as many people go there...and I tied it in to the recent Bats movie, so it's justified being in this forum too.

-DM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

you would break your ankle the first time you jumped off a roof

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 02:07 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

But he has the "smart cape" that becomes a hang-glider-esque failsafe for gliding down...he wouldn't fall hard enough to break an ankle. And besides that, you or I might get banged up pretty good (and so will the Batman in my scenario) but he's highly trained and in shape. Down the line his body might be messed up but he'll withstand quite a bit more than an average person.

Or maybe he'd break an ankle...I just think it's wicked cool to think about, and is semi-possible.

-DM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:42 AM
ayjay
Psycho....

i rekon it could work...for about a few months, maybe a year...but then you'd just be too damn exhausted, and beat up. And more than likely, you'd be tracked down by intellignce agencies. ^_^

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:18 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Already been done. I AM Batman.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:46 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheFlash

Well, here's what I think...What makes Batman so damn popular is that he is HUMAN. No, he does not have super powers, just his intelligence, fighting skills, and will power. He feels pain and he has problems and he is dark. ANYONE can be a Batman; literally. The technology is not too far-fetch'd and the 'real' Batman would be more of a vigilante than a 'superhero' anyway. All it really takes is sheer will power and hope.

You also have to be mentally strong, prepared and you have to be driven. Like Batman is who he is because of his parents' death. Well, I'm sure if you had the heart and resources and some TRAGIC event happened in your childhood, you would grow up wanting revenge and justice as well. So yes. A 'real' Batman is possible.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:31 PM
TheFlash is currently offline Click here to Send TheFlash a Private Message Find more posts by TheFlash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

i dont think so yout hink theres a guy who owns a group of ninjas and a guy who always smiels and a guy who survived some cold liquid stuff i dont think so

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:58 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheFlash

...First off, who asked if Batman's VILLAINS could be real? Most of them cannot. I guess you are reffering to Rah's Al Gul and Mr. Freeze? A 'Joker' type character is possible, though, for there are homicidal maniacs out there as you all know. Then, a guy who owns a group of ninjas...? What are YOU talking about? In some parts of Asia there still are people who follow the Bushido code of the Samurai or other forms of Martial Arts. So, yes. Batman is still possible. Cities full of crime and slums, such as New York or Los Angeles, can be the 'real' Gotham City.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 04:08 PM
TheFlash is currently offline Click here to Send TheFlash a Private Message Find more posts by TheFlash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by b-dan
i dont think so yout hink theres a guy who owns a group of ninjas and a guy who always smiels and a guy who survived some cold liquid stuff i dont think so

A guy who always smiles big grin cool

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 05:18 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Yea. Batman was made to be realistic enough to happen, but fantastical enough to never happen. And the suit and training don't make Bat's. You have to remember his childhood drama. He is also a perfect person for his job. You have to be strong willed, a genius, and a whole load of other stuff. Also, i'm already supersexyman, so... yea, it's possible. lol big grin

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 06:46 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

It couldn't happen. Batman would be dead within months.

There is a reason super heroes stay in the movie. Nobody gets as lucky as they do, or as close to death as many times as they do without dying.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:14 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by 8bitChris
It couldn't happen. Batman would be dead within months.

There is a reason super heroes stay in the movie. Nobody gets as lucky as they do, or as close to death as many times as they do without dying.

Ah, but a 'real-world' Batman wouldn't be fighting super-villians all the time. Mostly just run-of-the-mill crooks. So dangerous? Certainly. But impossible to stay alive for long? No...it'd be hard, but possible.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:19 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

exactly... if you're all prepped up with weapons, body armour and fight training there's no reason you couldn't stop a mugger or rapist.... you just have to find them first

it would be more likely to happen between a group of people than an individual though... they can cover more ground and back each other up..... you could even have snipers for backup

5 or 6 determined guys could make a difference.... who's in?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 07:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Me Im a good sniper ive killed a few ..........peopl.....I mean uuhh animals!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 08:42 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I can be the stealth guy...for informatoin gathering and such. The killing and fighting part isn't my style. Much too messy.

Problem: We still need a bored millionaire to fund us. Without him we're like the Angels without Charlie....or Boobs!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:09 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Scoobless

5 or 6 determined guys could make a difference.... who's in?

bah...if i knew people commited enough I would do it...but damn people are so flaky I mean just cuz a guy has a gun doesnt mean you run! roll eyes (sarcastic) nah serouisly If I had the resourses, hell ya I would...I get tired of seeing crime taking place all the time.....then again, id probably want to be more like a ironman+batman character= Batman Beyond....more durablity, less chance of death...
but still....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:13 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote