KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...

KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...

so, in the wake of the good times generated by the ONE POWER thread, a BZ suggestion has morphed into.....something more. some bizzarro BZ/tourney amalgamation. basically, this is an elitist/ultra-secret/classified mini tournament thingy.

nah.....laughing out loud

really, it's a little friendly competition between e-friends. there are 4 contestants: me, digi, smurph and scoob. we're going to be having a little mini-tournament between ourselves (smurph and i and digi and i have had a few bz's over the last couple years, so this is just a way to get us all together in one venue, and since scoob has reappeared from the darkness, we figured we'd let him into the group too. smile

full on tourneys are tough for loads of reasons nowadays, so i thought 4 people would be easier to pull off and maybe the format would be catchy. here is where we'll hash out details and get things set to go.

i will be looking for judges of course and i have a few in mind i'll be pm'ing, but if you KNOW you can read some matches, and you KNOW you can get a vote in within a 7 day timeframe, feel free to toss your name into the thread and let me know. judges have been the downfall of more than one tournament and bz, so i need competent, willing judges who will absolutely NOT bail on the committment. people put too much into competing in these things to get jerked around by judges who bail, so please, we need some good, impartial judges, but we REALLY need reliable people interested in reading what will no doubt be some entertaining as sh!t matches. laughing out loud

digi and i figure the winner can safely declare himself king of the internet or something equally modest, can rightfully claim all of cyberspace as their domain. so, no pressure. big grin

anyway, that's it. digi, smurph, scoob, let's have at it and have some fun.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I'm going to judge this clash of titans.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:05 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

things to hash out:

(1) level--maybe amalgamate high meta/low herald? i'm open to whatever though.

(2) format? single semi-final then final, or round robin? leads to one extra match, so i'm good for whatever. if a semi final and final, how do we randomly draw?

(3) post limit? 5-7 maybe?

(4) draft or declare? i think declaring would be fine. even if we grab the same ability by some chance, the second power is extremely unlikely to be the same.

(5) banned powers? same as any tourney i figure--rules as tourney rules?

(6) are we giving OURSELVES the powers (ala one power thread), or drafting the actual characters (ala any OTHER bz/tourney style)?

(7) amalgamation format? body/mind? just any 2 powersets, complete?

i'm sure you all have some things i missed so feel free to add in anything that needs working out. shouldn't be hard to come to a consensus. we all want fun matches so that should be the priority.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I'm going to judge this clash of titans.

you were on my pm list. laughing out loud thanks for be willing to follow this thing. hope its fun.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:08 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I can judge if you want.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:11 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And a strict upper cap for power level should be on place IMO.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:13 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

yeah, we're not going to be busting universes. natural powers, no enhancing beyond, say, mid herald? unless the others have something different. we're not going to make this into an arms race though--that is not the intent of this. focus will be on ideas and debating--as it always should be imo.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:24 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So you want me to judge or not?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:27 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

absolutely. thumb up unless you've suitably po'd any of the others you should be great as a judge. but, who can keep track with you. laughing out loud

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:29 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
absolutely. thumb up unless you've suitably po'd any of the others you should be great as a judge. but, who can keep track with you. laughing out loud

stick out tongue

Lol yeah, I will judge it then.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:35 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Welcome to the judges! I'll remind you only once that I remain a mod with ban-requesting privileges. happy

My suggestions:

(1) level--maybe amalgamate high meta/low herald?
I know more about high meta than any two other tiers combined, but I've also done a LOT of debating at that level and just did that tourney that stalled in the finals at high meta.

I wouldn't be opposed to mid herald, but with fairly restrictive rules limiting prep and power enhancing and such. I mean, have we ever actually done a mid herald tourney?

Mid meta would also be...different. But it's such a hard tier to pin down.

(2) format? single semi-final then final, or round robin? leads to one extra match, so i'm good for whatever. if a semi final and final, how do we randomly draw?

Semi-final and final. None of this round robin nonsense.

I'm always going to vote for the lower end. So 5 is my vote.

(4) draft or declare? i think declaring would be fine. even if we grab the same ability by some chance, the second power is extremely unlikely to be the same.

Yeah, there's few enough of us that I'm alright with this. Or we could do the always-fun "PM to a third party and just announce picks in a thread, but not who has which person until all drafts are over." That format always cracked me up.

Things I suggest we ban: Speed Force, Power Copying, Duplication (Smurph! stick out tongue ), no autonomous constructs, time manipulation, offensive matter manipulation, and we may have to think hard about the limits of tech creation as well (cap its power at whatever the tier is maybe?)

(6) are we giving OURSELVES the powers (ala one power thread), or drafting the actual characters (ala any OTHER bz/tourney style)?

I think drafting actual characters.

To avoid confusion, I say we draft entire characters and/or entire power sets. I'm cool with 2 though.

But really, I'm probably ok with whatever. Give me someone to punch.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 06:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'll judge, if its an abstract level and above fight. Yes.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Digi
I mean, have we ever actually done a mid herald tourney?
Redatom/Newjak's tourney was Wonder Woman cap, I think.

Also the Mid Herald battlezone belt.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 08:39 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Welcome to the judges! I'll remind you only once that I remain a mod with ban-requesting privileges. happy

My suggestions:

(1) level--maybe amalgamate high meta/low herald?
I know more about high meta than any two other tiers combined, but I've also done a LOT of debating at that level and just did that tourney that stalled in the finals at high meta.

I wouldn't be opposed to mid herald, but with fairly restrictive rules limiting prep and power enhancing and such. I mean, have we ever actually done a mid herald tourney?

Mid meta would also be...different. But it's such a hard tier to pin down.

Semi-final and final. None of this round robin nonsense.

I'm always going to vote for the lower end. So 5 is my vote.

Yeah, there's few enough of us that I'm alright with this. Or we could do the always-fun "PM to a third party and just announce picks in a thread, but not who has which person until all drafts are over." That format always cracked me up.

Things I suggest we ban: Speed Force, Power Copying, Duplication (Smurph! stick out tongue ), no autonomous constructs, time manipulation, offensive matter manipulation, and we may have to think hard about the limits of tech creation as well (cap its power at whatever the tier is maybe?)

I think drafting actual characters.

To avoid confusion, I say we draft entire characters and/or entire power sets. I'm cool with 2 though.

But really, I'm probably ok with whatever. Give me someone to punch.

that's all fine by me. thumb up

smurph didn't seem to raise any objections. we'll wait on scoob. you know he'll find SOMETHING to b!tch about.

i think we def need to deal with the amping/tech creation as well. i'm good with saying any tech is fine so long as it doesn't exceed the low herald limit, if that's what we want to stay with. i think high meta/low herald combo works well, but if y'all want mid herald that's fine with me. scoob, smurph? thoughts?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 09:36 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by leonidas
we'll wait on scoob. you know he'll find SOMETHING to b!tch about.

If we're amalgamating characters I'd prefer to keep the original cap lower, you all know how crazy powerful even iron man level guys can get with the right blend.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 01:34 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's fine by me. i don't want to make this an arm's race like i said before. i thought of amalgamating characters but the amalgamations can't lead to natural amping. no drafting a mutant then drafting cortez's powers with him as an easy example. more like abomination and quicksilver style composites if you get what i'm saying. if everyone wants low/high meta combo's i'm fine with that too. just smurph and i had talked about low herald is all. smurph, thoughts?

btw--this superbowl is sucking a$$....

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 02:00 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Actually, I like the no amping idea, maybe too much of that in the past.

Adding, not multiplying

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 02:39 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Depending on the tier, we'll want to set a 'killabillity' limit too, and maybe rule out mindrape? Though I'm a personal fan of more options, not less.

Other things I'm a fan of:

-Picking a character cap instead of a tier cap. Saying 'must be equal or lesser in power than <blank>', because picking somebody that's above high meta but not the upper cap of low herald might make certain characters more viable than they have been in previous tournaments. (high meta and low herald are examples, I'd be fine with a mid/high meta blend too)

-Semi-Finals and Finals format.

-Making it really, really clear what counts as 'natural amping'. Fabian Cortez is an obvious example, but what about, say, Supergirl and the Ray?

-Amalgamations. I think making up a new character is fun. smile

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 02:50 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Like that's gonna scare me.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 03:27 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Existere
-Amalgamations. I think making up a new character is fun. smile

thumb up

Favorite part of tournaments.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 04:11 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote