KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...

KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll let you guys figure out tier and amping limits. I'm good with whatever.

Also fine with making an appropriate killability limit for whatever tier we pick. If it requires counting KOs as wins, I'm ok with that too. Same with telepathy. Accounting for it can be a b*tch, so if we go low enough with the tier, it may be worth banning entirely. Anything at or above high meta, though, and we should be able to plan for tp defense without having to sacrifice other strats.

No round robin seems to be the consensus. No other big objections. I'm guessing amping limits will be trickiest. They always are with amalgams.

Also, we haven't talked about prep. I'm a fan of zero prep, minus throwing up shields and passive abilities. But I'll adapt to whatever. It's just, if we were in, say, a high herald tourney, I'd want to argue for Thor, not the abstract-busting prep god I'd have to make to have a chance at winning. Same applies for others tiers.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 04:41 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

How about - only standard or reasonably often used tech/equipment

Tired of single appearance tech popping up - like that hawkman thing that absorbs all the knowledge on the planet.

I'm also not a fan of crazy prep sh!t.

10 seconds of psyching up should be fine

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Feb 2nd, 2015 at 06:05 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:03 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ok, let's solidify some of this. how does this sound:

--we'll amalgamate 2 characters--one low herald, one high meta. high meta limit is....let's say anyone capable of (clearly) beating cap britain or namor for a majority 1on1 is over the cap. sound fair?

--a tp limit of emma sound fair?

--as for the low herald cap--anyone clearly capable of taking a majority from, hrm, this is a toughie. anyone clearly able to take a majority from....vulcan maybe, or immortal hercules should be banned? that still leaves some mid heralds as possible options imo. maybe easier to say someone like wonder woman/cap marvel should be able to take a majority against whoever you pick for your low herald guy. that sound ok? i think so long as no one blatantly goes over we should be fine. i hope? lol

--semi-final/final it is. thumb up

--tech/gear needs to be considered standard or have at least....10 appearances?

--i say 3 seconds prep--enough for shields/quick thoughts and that's it. prep to take place in an empty room.

--ko/dispersal/death )see luke skywalker vs metamorpho coughcoughbscough) are all fine for wins

--ohko? banned if considered indefensible? obviously no matter manip on opponents/time manip/speed force. what about other speedsters? say current quicksilver or makarri (who is maybe faster than light)? light speed max but no speed force?

--no natural amping--tough to call at times. how about something simple--one character simply cannot amp another, regardless (ie--you can choose ray and supergirl, but kara gets no benefit. we can allow amping if you all want (i get the creativity aspect) but it DOES allow for some crazy amps. we could also say that even the amped character must be capped--say....morg level? tobe clear: i see 2 choices--(1) neither character gets ANY benefit from the blend (seems that is scoob's choice, mine as well i think), or, (2) we allow blending, but even the amalgamated character shouldn't be able to take morg/bill for a majority. thoughts?

--no power copying.

--i like pm'ing picks to a third party like digi said but....we'd have to do it twice, arrange times for the big reveal....maybe just a thread where we declare? i'm cool if you guys want something else. just thinking of ways to get this thing moving as quickly and simply as possible.

--5 post limit ok with everyone?

--2 full characters and all abilities that go with them (ie-in the case where i chose palmer, this time i would also get his intelligence as well as his power and experience) good?

questions remaining

--what about dupes? i wouldn't want to neuter a strat like smurph had because it was smart and legit. thoughts on how to handle that?

--i also think one piece of autonomous tech might be ok (thinking of my match against phil where i used the growing man who is part of kang's standard equipment and has loads of appearances). how should we handle that? if the construct is part of 'standard' gear it's ok, if not, no dice?

anything i missed??

Last edited by leonidas on Feb 2nd, 2015 at 01:13 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 01:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh, and judges--abhi, ds and cdb are all great with me. any other names? i could hit up a couple others if you guys want 5. i have some in mind. any suggestions? and also--do we want simultaneous semi-final matches or are they better off-set?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 02:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

I dont get this thread.....

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 02:56 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you're not supposed to. thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 03:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Everything sounds pretty good to me.

Also, forget what I said about PMing picks. Declaring seems fine to me.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 05:05 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

If you guys need another judge, I'd be happy to do it.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 05:35 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^^what about the dupe strategy smurph used? legal?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 05:37 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm against dupes and autonomous tech/constructs, but I'll roll with whatever rules we end up with.

Also might be worth looking at the speed cap. Light speed isn't speed force, true. But it's also damn close for practical purposes. Still, again, I'll deal with whatever comes of that.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 05:59 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up see what scoob and smurph think.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Now I actually have to form a strategy. I'm guessing Leo and probably Smurph already have ideas. Low herald is not my area, so it may require some actual digging.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:11 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

nah, i got nothing. i have some combos i know would be very effective, but i was hoping for something a little more outside-the-box. we'll see. hoping we can sort out the rules in the next day or so, then we can set a date to reveal picks and get things going.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:25 PM
Smurph
------

No concrete ideas so far!

I think duplicates should be illegal, as should autonomous constructs. I'm digging the idea of a simple battle of epic amalgamations.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
--no natural amping--tough to call at times. how about something simple--one character simply cannot amp another, regardless (ie--you can choose ray and supergirl, but kara gets no benefit. we can allow amping if you all want (i get the creativity aspect) but it DOES allow for some crazy amps. we could also say that even the amped character must be capped--say....morg level? tobe clear: i see 2 choices--(1) neither character gets ANY benefit from the blend (seems that is scoob's choice, mine as well i think), or, (2) we allow blending, but even the amalgamated character shouldn't be able to take morg/bill for a majority. thoughts?

Ok. I like the first option the most. It's clear and straightforward: power + power, not power x power.

And, so we're clear the caps are:

1) High Meta character at or below the power level of Namor, Cap Britain

2) Low Herald character at or below the power level of Immortal Herc, Professor X, rookie GL?

If we're agreed on those points, then I'll start brainstorming and hopefully we can declare soon (though I'll need a couple days for sure).

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:53 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by abhilegend
And a strict upper cap for power level should be on place IMO.
where is the fun in that?

What's next, ban Id from drafting mutants?

mad

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:57 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Can we draft Manga Characters?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 07:03 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Existere
No concrete ideas so far!

I think duplicates should be illegal, as should autonomous constructs. I'm digging the idea of a simple battle of epic amalgamations.

Ok. I like the first option the most. It's clear and straightforward: power + power, not power x power.

And, so we're clear the caps are:

1) High Meta character at or below the power level of Namor, Cap Britain

2) Low Herald character at or below the power level of Immortal Herc, Professor X, rookie GL?

If we're agreed on those points, then I'll start brainstorming and hopefully we can declare soon (though I'll need a couple days for sure).

correct in all ways except prof x--i think for tourney's sake we cap tp at emma unless everyone say otherwise.

so, no autonomous constructs, no duping and power + power. thumb up

i figure we can do the declarations on....saturday or sunday. gives lots of time to get some stuff together unless anyone objects.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 07:48 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by "Id"
where is the fun in that?

What's next, ban Id from drafting mutants?

Excellent suggestion. We may even be able to extend it to a forum-wide ban on mutants.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 08:34 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Digi
Excellent suggestion. We may even be able to extend it to a forum-wide ban on mutants.

thumb up
total mutant irony, and Racism! embarrasment

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 08:39 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I resent that. I'm not racist. I'm species-ist.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 09:13 PM