KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nekron in the Cancerverse

Nekron in the Cancerverse
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Nekron in the Cancerverse

Would Nekron become impotent in the Cancerverse, or would he be able to reverse it's effects, making it a stable reality? In essence, could he replace Death by filling in for the role on a permanent basis? Or would he be destroyed?

Last edited by Stoic on Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 10:12 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Nekron would own that universe near instantly. He's not "just" a Death abstract. He's also sentient Darkness and the Void (like Oblivion) too.

Void and Darkness Scan
(please log in to view the image)

Death Abstract Scan

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 10:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Would Nekron become impotent in the Cancerverse, or would he be able to reverse it's effects, making it a stable reality? In essence, could he replace Death by filling in for the role on a permanent basis? Or would he be destroyed?
As zop mentioned: Nekron doesn't just embody death, but void/oblivion as well... And since the entirety of that universe is already dead, everything in it would instantly become his. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 20th, 2017 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 11:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

But I thought that the Cancerverse was the opposite of Death? Nothing can die there, because it is void of Death.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Correct. Death initially didn't exist in the Cancerverse, which made its populace effectively immortal... But when Death was reintroduced into that actuality, it instantly overtook everything:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Which is exactly what we'd see if Nekron appeared there -- except he'd likely resurrect them as his zombie-slaves. thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:59 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

They destroy Nekron.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by quanchi112
They destroy Nekron.

thumb up

Nyet!

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:31 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by zopzop
Nyet!
Nekron fails, good sir.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nekron, casually.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I swear did we skip some pages in this arc??? There is more to Death simply showing up and wiping out the Cancerverse.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:13 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by "Id"
I swear did we skip some pages in this arc??? There is more to Death simply showing up and wiping out the Cancerverse.
thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:31 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

What pages were skipped?

Honest q, btw.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 06:31 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nothing is missing, lol. I posted the entire scene sequentially(yes, it happened THAT quick, Id.)

quanchi doesn't read comics, so randomly 'thumbs-upping' like that is pretty much his only go-to these days.

...thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 21st, 2017 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:44 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What pages were skipped?

Honest q, btw.
Entire point of the arc.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:39 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007
Nothing is missing, lol. I posted the entire scene sequentially(yes, it happened THAT quick, Id.)

quanchi doesn't read comics, so randomly 'thumbs-upping' like that is pretty much his only go-to these days.

...thumb up
I not only read them I grasp them unlike yourself. But since you begged for me to debate I'll counter your ridiculous stance. Death was allowed in to close to Mar-vell which was the lynchpin to the entire cancerverse epidemic. It's right in the scan you posted. Once she took him and this was possible due to the close proximity she was to his undying heart. It wasn't her just coming to the universe. laughing out loud

Yw.

thumb up

That's for me since I earned it.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Sep 21st, 2017 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

So like I said: once death was reintroduced into that actuality, it overtook everything.

Your 'non-points' used to be better than this... Your hatred toward me has blinded you. #Triggered

...Anywho, back to ignore you go. thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

So like I said: once death was reintroduced into that actuality, it overtook everything.

Your 'non-points' used to be better than this... Your hatred toward me has blinded you. #Triggered

...Anywho, back to ignore you go. thumb up
It is right in the scan you posted. It wasn't her being reintroduced it was her taking his undying heart which caused everything to occur. Your scan actually literally says what brings this about. How did you misunderstand your own scan ?

I'm enjoying correcting you. Don't you dare ever question my debating prowess again. Now begone.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:57 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

...thumb up

But you read the comic and so does Zop. It seems that there is so much focus on the consequence (aka the obliteration of the Cancerverse) from Death taking out Mar-Vell, that you overlooked the context of how that scene followed through.

Key Plot Points for the sake of Context:

1) At some point Mar-Vell becomes the Champion of life. The Cancerverse came about due to Mar-Vell killing of the Champion of Death in his reality through a ritual. What the ritual does is killing the Champion also Kills Its God. To which Death is eliminated its universe becomes corrupted because checks and balances has been thrown out the window. BAM with have Corrupted Mar-Vell & Cancerverse.

2) A greater part of the plot is focused on Mar-Vell following its masters wishes to search for the Champion of Death in Verse 616 to bring about the same fate has his own reality.

3) The Heros and Thanos learn of all this. And Thanos schemes a plot to allow himself to get captured so that he can be brought to the ritual. Unknowing to Mar-Vell, Death is with/Attached to Thanos. With Death taking Mar-Vell (its champion of Life) in the ritual, we witness the Obliteration of the Cancerverse along with its Masters.

Key plot for context being, Killing its Champion in the ritual to deliver such obliteration. Nekron can not do the following with doing the former.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 06:54 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by "Id"
But you read the comic and so does Zop. It seems that there is so much focus on the consequence (aka the obliteration of the Cancerverse) from Death taking out Mar-Vell, that you overlooked the context of how that scene followed through.

Key Plot Points for the sake of Context:

1) At some point Mar-Vell becomes the Champion of life. The Cancerverse came about due to Mar-Vell killing of the Champion of Death in his reality through a ritual. What the ritual does is killing the Champion also Kills Its God. To which Death is eliminated its universe becomes corrupted because checks and balances has been thrown out the window. BAM with have Corrupted Mar-Vell & Cancerverse.

2) A greater part of the plot is focused on Mar-Vell following its masters wishes to search for the Champion of Death in Verse 616 to bring about the same fate has his own reality.

3) The Heros and Thanos learn of all this. And Thanos schemes a plot to allow himself to get captured so that he can be brought to the ritual. Unknowing to Mar-Vell, Death is with/Attached to Thanos. With Death taking Mar-Vell (its champion of Life) in the ritual, we witness the Obliteration of the Cancerverse along with its Masters.

Key plot for context being, Killing its Champion in the ritual to deliver such obliteration. Nekron can not do the following with doing the former.
thumb up

What's even more odd is the basic reason for what defeated the cancerverse is in his first scan which I pointed out. It was never Death shows up and then this just occurs.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 07:04 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Adding on.

If Death was that much more powerful.....

It would not have been necessary for Galactus and Other Space Gods to appear and defend 616-Verse from the Creatures from the Breach. Death would have Soloed.

Thanos did not have to let himself get captured and taken to the ritual. They could just made there way through the Breach, and allow Death to have her way.

Its not the case of raw power or one element force countering the other. They made it vary clear that the Creatures from Cancerverse are overwhelming strong even for the Space Gods and Thanos trump Card was to do the opposite of what Mar-Vell did to his reality.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 07:25 PM