KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Y: The Last Man (FX)

Y: The Last Man (FX)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Y: The Last Man (FX)

FX has ordered a pilot of the critically acclaimed Vertigo comic book written by Brian K. Vaughan.

"On July 17, 2002, all living mammals with a Y chromosome—including embryos and sperm—simultaneously die, with the exception of a young amateur escape artist named Yorick Brown and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand. Many women die from disasters caused by the men's deaths, such as plane crashes. Society is plunged into chaos as infrastructures collapse, and the surviving women everywhere try to cope with the loss of the men, and the belief that, barring a rapid, major scientific breakthrough or other extraordinary happening, humanity is doomed to extinction."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...t-order-1100179

I, personally, would have liked to see this on Netflix, but I'm not complaining.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 12:33 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Awesome. I really enjoyed the comic though I felt the ending was underwhelming.

Personally, I'm glad it's on FX rather than Netflix. FX has some great shows. Netflix does as well of course, but many of their series have become way too bloated and slow for my tastes. Furthermore, I still prefer an episode being released every week rather than releasing all the episodes at once.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 02:48 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i wanna watch this.. hope a good actor is cast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 02:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The cast has been announced.

Diane Lane is a great actress. I can totally see her as Yorick's mom, Senator Jennifer Brown.

I've never heard of Barry Keoghan, to be honest.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 04:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I can all ready hear the complaints that this show doesn't have an ALL Female Cast....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 06:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I cant fking wait for this. Phenomenal comic. I can't believe it's been more than a decade since I've read it. I'll have to give it a re-read soon.

And yeah, I would have prefered netflix too.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2018 04:05 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Feb 7th, 2020 01:47 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Apparently recasting the lead will not delay any schedule? Kind of wondering how they're achieving this.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 7th, 2020 02:03 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just means keoghan will join the mcu lololololol

Old Post Feb 7th, 2020 06:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The first trailer is finally here!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 05:50 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very excited

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 06:59 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

interesting

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 07:00 PM
ares834

Looks pretty good.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 07:05 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Apparently recasting the lead will not delay any schedule? Kind of wondering how they're achieving this.

Most likely because all of Yorick's scenes in the pilot were filmed by himself before the outbreak and after the fact he was hiding incognito as to not be captured.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 11:53 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Impediment
Most likely because all of Yorick's scenes in the pilot were filmed by himself before the outbreak and after the fact he was hiding incognito as to not be captured.

Quite logical Captain.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 01:32 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

https://news.yahoo.com/y-last-man-t...-190722601.html

I can already predict that this tv adaptation will be a virtue signaling platform for the “more than two genders” horse shit and the trans woke brigade.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 02:29 PM
Impediment
Endless

Episodes are now streaming in FX/Hulu.

I knew it. The show is already saying “all Y chromosome carriers died, but not all men”.

🙄

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 05:08 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
FX has ordered a pilot of the critically acclaimed Vertigo comic book written by Brian K. Vaughan.

"On July 17, 2002, all living mammals with a Y chromosome—including embryos and sperm—simultaneously die, with the exception of a young amateur escape artist named Yorick Brown and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand. Many women die from disasters caused by the men's deaths, such as plane crashes. Society is plunged into chaos as infrastructures collapse, and the surviving women everywhere try to cope with the loss of the men, and the belief that, barring a rapid, major scientific breakthrough or other extraordinary happening, humanity is doomed to extinction."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...t-order-1100179

I, personally, would have liked to see this on Netflix, but I'm not complaining.

Personally I'd settle for a Parallel Paradise adaptation instead.

Uncensored of course. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 05:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

anyone watch yet

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 07:44 PM
Impediment
Endless

Y: The Last Man graphic novel/comic from 2002:

All human men and male vertebrate mammals, including embryos and sperm, die in an unexplained global androcide leaving all women alive and unharmed. The only two surviving males are Yorick, an escape artist, and his capuchin monkey, Ampersand.

Y: The Last Man FX tv series in 2021:

All human and animal carriers of a Y chromosome, including embryos and sperm) die in an unexplained global pandemic outbreak leaving women, and some men, alive and unharmed. The only two surviving Y carriers are a cisgender man named Yorick, an escape artist, and his capuchin monkey, Ampersand (They/Them).

——————

I don’t know how much more of this PC snowflake libtarded language and rewrites I can take.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2021 11:07 PM