KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » A Star is Born. Best Movie of the year.

A Star is Born. Best Movie of the year.
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Star is Born. Best Movie of the year.

This movie deserves more nominations. And should un doubltavly win Best Movie, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and best Actress.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 04:30 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. One big flaw, the last 3rd of the film wasn't as good as the first two.

But Green Book (2018) was superior in every category imo.

I suspect both films will win some awards.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 07:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

nah sorry TI, but A Star is Born will just win Best Song

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He's not TI he's sparkles

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 03:30 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. One big flaw, the last 3rd of the film wasn't as good as the first two.

But Green Book (2018) was superior in every category imo.

I suspect both films will win some awards.

I tend to agree. I liked A Star Is Born, but perhaps the more depressing theme in the third act made it less great. Although, yes, it's certainly a story that needed to be told.

But yeah, I just saw Green Book and found it pretty superb. That and VICE are my favorites for Best Picture this year. The Favourite sucked and I haven't seen Roma yet, but I'm trying.

And I think First Man got snubbed from a Best Picture nomination. Liked it a lot.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 03:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best movie of the year. Gaga second to none performance.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 02:10 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Gaga did prove to be a great actress, very true.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 01:46 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unbelievable actress. I love her

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 03:14 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm a little bit of a closet Gaga fan, actually. I like some of her music.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 09:56 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like her country music and acting, not a big fan of her previous stuff but regardless she has an amazing voice and vocals that rival Whitney.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 01:50 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Gaga is the best

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 02:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I tend to agree. I liked A Star Is Born, but perhaps the more depressing theme in the third act made it less great. Although, yes, it's certainly a story that needed to be told.

But yeah, I just saw Green Book and found it pretty superb. That and VICE are my favorites for Best Picture this year. The Favourite sucked and I haven't seen Roma yet, but I'm trying.

And I think First Man got snubbed from a Best Picture nomination. Liked it a lot.

Vice was excellent too. I enjoyed that more than A Star is Born as well. Bale was great as expected.

The Favorite I tried to watch but lost interest quickly, might give it another shot.

Not seen Roma either.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 15th, 2019 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 04:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Not seen Roma either.

Watched it last night. I definitely admired it more than I liked it. It's very slow moving and takes probably the entire first act to hook you much. I think he definitely deserves Best Director, but the story reminded me of shitty feminist literature I was forced to study in high school. The male characters are scumbags and the women just have to be stronger to overcome. So yeah, given the current state of man-hating in the media it will probably win Best Picture.

I HOPE that wasn't the point of the story, but it was definitely there. But the way it's filmed is brilliant, so yeah he needs best director for it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 05:19 PM