KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » !Seraph!

!Seraph!
Started by: Ghastly_Twin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sandman
There is no Spork

i assumed they had seen him before because you have to remeber that we see the story thru the humans PoV. the programs have a lot of backstroy that we don't really know abt

made by DarkWeaver

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:49 PM
sandman is currently offline Click here to Send sandman a Private Message Find more posts by sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Backed up by the Smith/Seraph Revs conversation much?

AI.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 08:25 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenForever
***BrInGmEtOlIfE***

I kind of thought that maybe since they knew Seraph, that he was once one of them, then went good

"There is no spoon"

"Anything is possible right now. We're in the middle of an isolated high-coincidental localized entropic field decreasement."
"We're in a what?"
"We're in a pseudoscientific technobabble.'

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 01:51 AM
FallenForever is currently offline Click here to Send FallenForever a Private Message Find more posts by FallenForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenForever
***BrInGmEtOlIfE***

because we don't really know much about him

"There is no spoon"

"Anything is possible right now. We're in the middle of an isolated high-coincidental localized entropic field decreasement."
"We're in a what?"
"We're in a pseudoscientific technobabble.'

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 01:52 AM
FallenForever is currently offline Click here to Send FallenForever a Private Message Find more posts by FallenForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yeah I guess...and he's so cool to have the fighting techniques and still have time to take care of the oracle's "children" big grin

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:56 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ch0g0nda
Captain

When the warewolves see Seraph coming and say "oh look, wingless" they could be refering to the time before the modern matrix. 1.0 where humans lived in heaven. At which point Seraph (hence the name) was perhaps an angel.

Not so hard to get your head around when you think that heaven is inhabited by the dead and the divine.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:58 AM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Re: !Seraph!

quote:
Originally posted by Ghastly_Twin
Who is Seraph?

This is my explanation.

The reason Seraph (the Chinese guy Neo meets before meeting the Oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God. So Seraph will obviously have a big part in Revolutions, helping the freedom fighters.

great thread!

"The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah"

who else was in this order (names+how many?)
Which matrix charcter represents them or does the charcter of Seraph represent the highest angels as a whole?

some definitions form dictionary.com:
Seraph:A celestial being having three pairs of wings.
Seraphim:The first of the nine orders of angels in medieval angelology.
Lucifer:The archangel cast from heaven for leading the revolt of the angels; Satan
Gabriel:An angel who explained signs from God and announced the conception, birth, and mission of Jesus to Mary.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 04:56 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Okay, let's establish this ONE more time.

There are NO angels in the Matrix (and no vampires, werewolves and ghosts either).
Whatever Seraph once was, he is now an exile. The system (the Matrix program) still tries to assimilate him and this gives rise to a “golden code”, “wings” or “wingless” and “I remember chasing you was like chasing a ghost.”
A lot of the exiles have features, which the Matrix-program interpretation translates into vampiric, lycanthropic, angelic or “ghostly” character traits. They may’ve been the equivalent of “gods” and “goddesses” in a heavenly/elysium/(insert favourite religion’s place of bliss here) first and perfect version of the Matrix.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:20 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
terd40
CCC Agent

awesome thread, this is what i get from it:

matrix 1.0-archie writes first program of the matrix. while doing so he writes various programs to control certain functions needed to maintain the matrix. his favorite was most likely the program used for transfering and storing information (merv). there were not as many programs at this time as in later versions but there were important ones such as protection, analysis, and control programs. i imagine that saraph at that time worked for (protected what mattered most) the information systems. at this time there was no oricle although the program was researching aspects of the human psyce. since the program of information knew all that was in the matrix (past and present) he became aware of choice and control. Being aware he believed that he could become more powerful than the Archie so he introduced the first malfunction into the matrix in an attempt to prove he had choice and power. The archie obviously wouldnt be happy with this so he took away the mervs additional abilities (hence he was once good and all like neo). as long as there was an information program this could not be averted by the archie it was simply a matter of time. eventually an anomally occured (the one) due to the sum of all the malfunctions adding up. (this process could have taken as long as needed since the only time line of 200 years or so known of was between the 5th and 6th anomally) the one appears and returns to the source with the code carried after infecting the system with its virus. (the anomally is the virus and the one (personified form) is the balance to the virus that negates it) i also think that merv became aware of the anomally before the architect did and tryed to use him against the archie but failed when saraph turned on him and pursueded the one to work with the archie.

matrix 2.0- archie rewrites matrix with code of the one and more graphic history of violence in attempt to avoid the annomally. during this time saraph has no-one to protect but is very powerful thus being the reason the agents tryed to kill him because he had no purpose. annomally appears again and archie turns to research programs for guidence and thus the oricle is redefined as mother of the matrix. with the one's choosing 23 others to rebuild zion the time between anomallys is sped up because of malfunctions created during hacking into the system and the ones abilities.

matrix 3.0- written with help of the oricle and the code of the one. oricle observes what it means to be human and begins to take a side saraph seeing a new purpose protects her and what she is working towards. oricle observes what happens in the cycle between anomallies and becomes aware of what will happen in future matrixes. the one amerges and the oricle guides it along the path towards the source making the process easier.

matrix 4.0- similar to 3.0 but more and more controlled as far as the anomally is concerned. oricle grows more and more towards the side of the humans.

matrix 5.0- same as 4.0 but the oricle again grows more towards the side of the humans and wants piece between man and machine.

matrix 6.0- instead of following the same path as before the oricle insists to trinity she will fall in love with a dead man (neo). this happens and instead of choosing the same door as before neo chooses trinity and that leads us to now.

some details may be involved but im done typing for now so input is always apreciated. im not sure how the kid ties in though, maybe in an earlier version he was one of the 7 males or something i dont know.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 07:00 AM
terd40 is currently offline Click here to Send terd40 a Private Message Find more posts by terd40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
terd40
CCC Agent

sorry for the double post but to support that the oricle didnt actually see the future but rather experienced it from before was revieled when the cookies werent done by the time that neo came back from moble ave. what she told neo was a bunch of bullwhooy that she thought would happen so that neo would believe her and know that he was the balancing of the equation when smith referred to him as neo instead of mr. anderson. so i guess i dont know whether she could see the future or simply had experienced it all before.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 07:04 AM
terd40 is currently offline Click here to Send terd40 a Private Message Find more posts by terd40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

Seraph has gold code, I don't think the matrix assigned that to him because he was "an angel" like other's were werewolves and vampires. I'm sure they all had green code just like everyone else except seraph.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:22 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Okay, let's establish this ONE more time.

There are NO angels in the Matrix (and no vampires, werewolves and ghosts either).
Whatever Seraph once was, he is now an exile. The system (the Matrix program) still tries to assimilate him and this gives rise to a “golden code”, “wings” or “wingless” and “I remember chasing you was like chasing a ghost.”
A lot of the exiles have features, which the Matrix-program interpretation translates into vampiric, lycanthropic, angelic or “ghostly” character traits. They may’ve been the equivalent of “gods” and “goddesses” in a heavenly/elysium/(insert favourite religion’s place of bliss here) first and perfect version of the Matrix.

not sure if your post was in reply to mine or a general post but i realise there are no angels,vamps etc. smile

my question is 'who else was in this order in the bible?' (names+how many?) and
'Which matrix character represents them' or 'does the charcter of Seraph represent the highest angels as a whole?'

in the same way people say Merv represents Lucifer

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:25 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

The Merovingian represents Hades, not Lucifer. Smith would be Lucifer, the anti-Christ.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Nov 23rd, 2003 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 12:40 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by The Unknown
The Merovingian represents Hades, not Lucifer. Smith would be Lucifer, the anti-Christ.

yep ur right - hades god of the underworld.

but can anyone answer this:
"Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God.

so
my question is 'who else was in this order in the bible?' (names+how many?) and
'Which matrix character represents them' or 'does the charcter of Seraph represent the highest angels as a whole?'

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 03:23 PM
Sifer

Lucifer is not just the anti-christ. He is referred to as God of the Underworld, keeper of the dead (In oh...that's right, Hell big grin). He is both representative of Lucifer AND Hades among MANY other things.

Also, I have said this before in another, older thread: According to the Post Production notes of Reloaded, it states that Seraph's name is strictly true in it's meaningful sense. It then say's, a Seraphim is much higher in the levels of heaven than a Power, but the Oracle is a power and Seraph would be the Principality (an order in the level of heaven) protecting the Power.

But from what they say, I would definately assume that the name, Seraph is used for his appearance in the Matrix code (Seraphim were said to have the appearance of a fiery golden glow). One thing we do know is that he is a force to be reckoned with big grin

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 08:14 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I think it would also be good to point out again that Lucifer was also a fallen Angel who was cast down because he wanted 'more power'. Coincidence? Who knows wink

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 08:15 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Smith could also be Lucifer. He was an "angel of light" (agent of the system) and revolted against God (starting taking over the Matrix). He was then cast down with the other "fallen angels" into Hell (he and the other Smiths were destroyed).

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 09:59 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I know, it keeps getting deeper doesn't it wink?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:07 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

I think that the Merovingian just represents Hades, because all the signs that I've seen point to just that (keys, exiles, persephone, etc.)

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:12 PM
sum1butno1
Transient being

If Smith is Lucifer, then Neo could be Michael (and/or God) in the sense that he broke Smith out of the Matrix, and cast him down (took purpose from Smith) when he destroyed him.

I can't think straight right now, but I seem to remember Merv sounding like he really hated a particular person. Anyone know who I'm talking about? They might be God in a sense. Trinity, maybe? Neo? I dunno.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:19 PM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote