KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Morpheus

Morpheus
Started by: Sifer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Wait, if Agents are there to prevent people from realising the truth in the matrix, and as of what you seem to be hinting at are you saying that Morpheus is some sort of person to prevent the humans from realising the truth, I've yet to figure that out, about the real world. It's the best I can come up with at the mo, I'll come back when I've had some sleep and thought about it some more.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 08:06 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

"GOODNIGHT ZION, SWEET DREAMS"

dont ask he how i came to have found this, im not religious or anythin...

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, (morpheus?) who testifies to everything he saw--that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

about neo, the keymaker and mero:
I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

about the souce and architect and another relavence of 24:
After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." . At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders - (23 new inhabitants of zion + the 1)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 01:56 AM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

sifer:
but smith is in the matrix because he is inhabiting a host body. a program has no body. if morpheus is a program, it is only if he is inside someone else's body. so let's say morpheus current body is that of a host, with morpheus being the program brain. how did he get the body? whose body is it?

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 04:10 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ginerninja

It seems to me theprophecy123 is on the right track, and im wondering whether you could look ahead man and find the finale....Just a thought

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 08:24 AM
Ginerninja is currently offline Click here to Send Ginerninja a Private Message Find more posts by Ginerninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SiriusBlackRIP

Lets just say that Morpheus is a program. The clues are all there. All programs of the system have a green tint on their clothes within the Matrix, we see that when Smith has been freed he looses this green tint and has a black suit. You can notice the difference between the freed Smith and an agent of the system in the shot where Smith turns the agent into himself and they are stood next to each other in Reloaded. Morpheus is the only "good" guy who has any green on his clothes within the Matrix.
Also take the way he talks no other human talks like yoda. He speaks clearly and concisely and perfectly just like a program. I believe that Morpheus was a freed human but not as we know him today. As Sifer quoted from the Movie he went to see the oracle and then changed. I propose that when he went to see the oracle he was changed somehow by a program of the Architects making and he is currently inhabited by a program hence why he changed. Now before you start slinging insults at me cos we all love Morpheus, think about what the Oracle says to Neo: "the programs that are doing their jobs are invisible..."

So I've established how I believe that Morpeus became a program now I'll tell you why. Think about it its another level of control. The unconscious choice and Zion and all the freed humans is all another level of control by the machines, we establish this from the Reloaded Architect scene. But would there not be a necessity for a program to find the anomaly and make sure he does his job and get back to the source, I mean Morpheus practically threw Neo through the door to the Architct. He is also the one that is constantly arguing that the prophecy is right and trying to make as many believers as possible, exactly what the machines want. He believes in everything the Oracle says and without him the rest of the humans especially Neo would have seen through the Oracles bullshit. Morpheus plays a key role in making the Architects plan work. Everything he does in both movies helps Neo get closer to the source. It all makes sense. Also in the first movie when the agents have Morpheus trapped in the building the serum doesn't work on him, the agent actually says "why isn't it working?" because he doesn't have a human mind perhaps? I think this is what Sifer is getting at. What do you think?

cool

'The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. There is a lot of denial in this ride, the ride, in fact, is made up of denial. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. Ha ha "Shut him up." "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.' - the late prophet Bill Hicks.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 02:00 PM
SiriusBlackRIP is currently offline Click here to Send SiriusBlackRIP a Private Message Find more posts by SiriusBlackRIP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Indeed m8. Another point:

"Morpheus, we're lost without him."

smile Happy Thinking big grin

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 02:19 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

And we know that he could be a program as programs can leave the matrix eg. Smith

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 02:26 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Labyrinth

aaww **** i give up wdf is goin on

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 06:25 PM
Labyrinth is currently offline Click here to Send Labyrinth a Private Message Find more posts by Labyrinth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

good pickup, sirius. kudos.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 07:42 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

makes sense to me.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 03:49 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

I still dont think its likely. Morpheus didnt throw neo through the door....neo flew them both throught it...

anyways..

I dont think morpheus is a program, but perhaps he had been given extra powers within the matrix. He could have reiceved powers from the oracle..OR...maybe he really IS the oracle...have they ever been in the same room at the same time?? no...

His glasses reflect, so maybe he can see things much like the oracle....and perhaps this is how he found Neo, Trinity, and the others within the matrix.

He was the first one to find the oracle?? who's to say she ever existed before Morpheus brought her up?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:06 PM
Dryden is currently offline Click here to Send Dryden a Private Message Find more posts by Dryden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Of course he is not a programme- his physical appearance is the same as his self image. If he was a programme inhabiting the human Morpheus his RSI would look different. Smith still looked like Smith in the Matrix after taking over Bane.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Switch and Apoc before they were free, looked totally different to what they did in Matrix 1. ie they did not resemble themselves. Your point does not prove a thing - brainwashed - or could be a program to look like the host.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:14 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfwood

So what else are you getting at here Sifer that you're not telling us?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:15 PM
Wolfwood is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfwood a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ridiculously speculative, Sifer. You have no evidence that such a thing exists and it is completely against the grain of everything the film tells us.

We KNOW there is a human Morpheus, the only way he can be a preogramme is if one inhabited him, as far as we know only Smith can do it and as far as we know when that is done your RSI becomes that of the inhabiting programme. Those are the facts.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

thats why i like the idea of him having "extra' powers in the matrix that helps him..also makes him different from the otehrs.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:28 PM
Dryden is currently offline Click here to Send Dryden a Private Message Find more posts by Dryden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
droopy1592

Morpheus is "legendary" and has stood up to agents like no other human. The serum did not work on him like it should have... Which leads me to believe that he was REPROGRAMMED some how, or maybe even upgraded.

Which leads me to believe there may be two leagues of machines, one's for a union with the humans, one's with the attitude that humans should remain as slaves.

Originally machines wanted peace. Then they turned us into slaves. There had to be some machine taking over since "What do all men want with power... more power."

Maybe they are using us to help them fight their war, the good programs.

He didn't have to be taken over by a program, just given more sight, more powers, more brainwashed?

Last edited by droopy1592 on Oct 16th, 2003 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:32 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

the ONLY way morpheus could be a program is if the entrie movie supports MWAM theory, then its possible, but thats it.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:38 PM
droopy1592

How do you know that they didn't make the program they put in Morpheus resemble the original host's RSI... I mean, morpheus, the god in mythology, could make himself look like any man....

What about that, dryden?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 04:42 PM
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

-if he were morpheus from the start...who's to say he is now then since he was "reprogrammed".

-If he is a program from the start, then yes like i said its possible.

"Which leads me to believe there may be two leagues of machines, one's for a union with the humans, one's with the attitude that humans should remain as slaves."

I assume you mean program and not machine...

so is Morpheus two programs? one for the real world and one for the matrix?

If he is a program, whats the point of having the human body?

if he took over morpheus body, then he must not be "morpheus"...since that would be the human.

I just do think it would be this way, unless like I said in a different post, that perhaps Morpheus is the oracle...or has powers like the oracle.

Im rambling...i dont know... <HEAD EXPLODE>

Last edited by Dryden on Oct 16th, 2003 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 05:00 PM