KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Morpheus

Morpheus
Started by: Sifer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ok, so what are you saying?the ony way Morpheus could be a program uploaded into the body of original Morpheus, is if the machines are keeping his body alive, for some reason, AND they created the shell of morpheus to look like the morpheus-original body...possible, but then wouldn't Neo be able to tell that Morpheus is not who he says he is, if he can see the truth about Bane...?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:31 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Neo does actually mention something smile

Trinity: "Morpheus went to see the Oracle, since then, everything changed"
Neo: "Yeah, She can do that."

Last edited by Sifer on Oct 18th, 2003 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:36 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> In the bonus-material on the Reloaded DVD Fishburne says Morpheus takes his glasses off on the truck, to show his vulnerability when fighting the agent.

If Morpheus is a machine then I’m… ehrm… ehhh… (Starts pondering who she’d like to be and looses train of thoughts)….

Ah, there it was. Morpheus may wear greenish outfits. I do not see this as in any way showing he’s an AI (that somehow found it’s way to a human trough the serum, unless you’re now advocating MWTM along with JediHDM, in which case there won’t be any cookies for you tonight! big grin). I see this as a sign that Morpheus has a purpose, just like a machine-AI has an executive command=purpose. And that he pursues this with the same relentless – one could almost say emotionless – strength as a machine. AS being the keyword here.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:38 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

To add: I am not saying that Morpheus is completely a "program"...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:39 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> Now, I get the idea you think the serum from M1 has somehow made him… controlled or controllable by the machines. “My” traitor from the new thread?
Hm. If that’s what you mean… It’s possible. And maybe not such a bad twist come to think of it.

But I don’t think it’s the case.
And what does that Neo-quote got to do with Neo being able to see that somethings up with Morph?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:41 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

We also have this:

"Morpheus, without him, we're lost."

Omega: Yes he does say that and he says it in a few other interviews WITHOUT prompt - he just comes out with it - is he hiding something? Why would he come out with something so blatant considering that everything else he and the other cast say are in riddles and clues...just a thought smile

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:41 AM
tshirt

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
Neo does actually mention something smile

"Morpheus went to see the Oracle, since then, everything changed"
"Yeah, She can do that."

I didn't think that was Neo who said that, but Trinity. Either way, I don't think Morpheus is a program. Neo would see that. (Although I do recognize that there is evidence to support the theory.)

Could he have an ulterior motive? That is certainly possible. Maybe the Oracle told him that if he wants Niobe, he must first get the One to fulfill his destiny. Otherwise, anything he does will end with him losing her.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:43 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Also, try and think of the Syrum not turning him into anything, but why the hell wasn't it working? I was thinking more along the lines of what SiriusBlackRIP said a few pages back (Sirius -> holla dawg) when I started this thread smile

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:44 AM
Another_Smithy

Morpheus could be a "double agent" (punt intended) But why does he fight the Agent's, why does Agent Johnson nearly kill him on the trailer? Now for some things that suppor you Sifer. Look at Morp's fighting style, if I did'nt know better some moves resemble an Agent's, like that Flying Eagle Knee Drop thing, only Trin uses that aside from Smith (who was an agent) and I believe I have seen that by another agent too but not too sure. He talks like a machine definately, he also has'nt "filled" the other positions on the Neb (not that it matters anymore), maybe so no one could interfere in his plans! How did he find Neo? How did he know every move Smith, Brown and Jones made in the Metacortex building? Who knows, when he says "He fights for us" in Revolutions maybe he could mean Smith or Neo who "betrayed" the machines earlier.

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

tshirt: I should have put names next to lines...Trinity say's the first line with Neo saying the 2nd smile

Sifer

Also - When it shows Agents in Matrix code, they look like humans (courtesy of the woman in Mero's restaurant and Trinity snuffing it). Not to mention that Neo has only ever known Morpheus in the state he is now - He never knew him before he went to see the Oracle (Morpheus).

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 02:47 AM
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

I never said Morph was a program... It's like, a patch. You are a certain person and I want to change some characteristics without totally changing you and I do that with a patch...

Morpheus Service Pack 1 if you will. When he saw the Oracle he changed....

But, when Trinity says he changed when he saw the oracle, that could me that his priorities changed. She told him that he would find the ONE and that was all he was concerned with, so NIOBE was tired of being treated as 2nd priority for Morph and she left him.... hmmmmm.

Well, whatever the case, Morpheus sure does move a lot faster when fighting Neo than he does when fighting the agents.

It's like he knows NEO's every move and the Agents just whoop his ass.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 03:35 AM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

Like Seraph who adapts his speed and fighting style to the opponent. Maybe Morph is the previous "One".

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 09:50 AM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

Morpheus being a program is a nice theory. You could certainly construe some of the films to support it. One thing you would have to believe is the MWAM theory. This is because Morpheus has a physical body that we have seen several times. Only in a MWAM could the body be fake.

While people could argue that the program lives outside the Matrix like the Smith program, the movies have hinted at the fact that Smith is a new advancement. Past programs, and in fact it doesn't seem any program other than Smith can download into a person.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 06:40 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Kung-Fu? Flying a chopper? The Anomaly?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:13 PM
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

tshirt, the RSI included in the program could have been modeled after the person that originally inhabited morpheus.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:22 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

that would be Morpheus, Trinity, and Neo, respectively...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:22 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Possibly... wink

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:11 PM
tshirt

quote:
Originally posted by droopy1592
tshirt, the RSI included in the program could have been modeled after the person that originally inhabited morpheus.

Not sure if we understand each other.

My thought is that in the Matrix it is simple for him to exist as he is a program just like the Agents, the Oracle, etc.

Outside of the Matrix. In the real world (on the Nebachenzzer, in Zion, etc.) he is a real person. We and others see him. For this to be an RSI, then the "Real World" would be another Matrix. This I do not subscribe to.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 08:18 PM
Sifer

As I have said - he could have been brainwashed in a sense - only partially tampered with. He is always putting off human emotions:

"I do not believe it to be a matter of hope..."
"Let it all go, fear, hope.." (Can't remember the exact line - It's late)
He all of a sudden stopped being with Niobe after seeing the Oracle

Then we have:

He takes his glasses off when fighting agents
He has a tie pin (ONLY computer programs have these in both films)
Why are his glasses the ONLY ones which reflect everything and have a metallic polish?
His tie is green but his suit is purple (Lot's of purple with only a bit of green). Now you could say for example "The Purple Heart" - A medal awarded for reasons relating to achievment or courage or bravery etc (relating to humans). We all know what green means smile

There are countless more examples but I'm too tired to list anymore. But one more important one:

Why the hell does he talk the way he does, and why is it he seems to use words precisely as the Architect does?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 03:23 AM