KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Oracle

Is this idea plausible?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 28.57%
No 4 28.57%
YOU IDIOT!!! 6 42.86%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Oracle
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
furryman
honky

is there any more significance with hel, pers, mero, and greek mythology etc, where we may find clues (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 09:09 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Possibly, but then we would have to look through ALL mythology, and that would take forever, much longer than we have to wait for Revolutions. However, this is interesting...

Hel was known as the queen goddess of the underworld. She was originally raised in Asgard with her father, but was later given the underworld of Nifelheim/Helheim as her domain. She presided over all of the dead but those who were killed in battle. Those who died heroically in battle ended up in Valhalla, the Hall of the Heroes. She was the sole goddess to decide the fate of those souls who entered her domain.

Depicted: Hel had quite a disturbing appearance; she was born with her bones exposed on the outside of her body. It is also sometimes said that she was both black and white. Her body was known as representing both sides of the spectrum.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 09:14 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

smith and neo both got killed, rejected going to the source*, returned to the matrix as exiles, have a conscience in both worlds, and then have a coma in the real world at the same time

* 'i understood what i was supposed to do but i didnt, i was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey'
smiths knows exactly what to do to kill neo and end the matrix

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 09:40 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Actually, Neo is not a program, therefore he was not given a choice concerning the source, he was just supposed to die. Therefore, since Neo is human, he CANNOT be an exile, as only programs are exiles. We do not know that Smith has a conscience, but he acts like he feels, like he has emotions. Also, We don't know that Bane is in a coma, we just assume that. And Bane is not Smith, but Smith has taken over Bane's body, although the body is still Bane's, it is not Smiths. And, since Smith is a program, he cannot be killed in the literal sense, his code was, seemingly destroyed, but he was not killed. Neo, however, was killed.

...So, what was your point, exactly?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 10:33 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

yeh i know smith wasnt 'killed' ok i dont mean neos an exile like smith is i mean he just hasnt done what he is supposed to do when i say conscience i kinda just ment like a persona - theyre in both
and neo is more machine and smith is more human
i was just being simple, in future i must choose my words very carefully smile

my point was about neos coma.. and banes 'coma'.. im not quite sure...
dont mind me im just digging imaginary holes (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 10:57 PM
Sifer

"The Ones doing what they're supposed to be doing are invisible, you wouldn't even know they where there"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 12:22 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

HAHAHA happy

and next time, can you use com(m)as? its really hard to read five sentences that are not punctuated, so they run together.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 02:37 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> If we think Architect=Zeus, Demeter=Oracle, Persephone=herself, and Merovingian as Hades and look at the old myth, Zeus actually didn’t MIND too much that Hades ran off with his daughter.
The Merovingian quite obviously has SOMETHING. Let’s look at Hades as God of the Underworld. He’s also rules over the dead. A program doesn’t die, it’s deleted. And what does the Mero do? He collects old, oudated programs before they’re erased.
Hades is the BROTHER of Zeus, from the first generation of Olympian gods. If we translate this, The Merovingian is as STRONG as the Architect and from the first Matrix.
That explains why the system doesn’t simply delete the Mero and his host of old programs, that are “doing things they’re not supposed to.” The Architect can’t do that.
Every deleted program has to pass through the Underworld, aka the Merovingians domain. The Mero’s speech about causality then becomes all the more interesting smile

Urot> What would keep Neo from doing amazing feats in the real world is simple. The laws of physics. In a VIRTUAL world, a programmed world, you can change the laws, by WRITING a new code. You can’t change the laws of physics by those means. A computer program is designed, written and executed for a reason. The real world is just here, for no reason whatsoever. The Matrix is based on intelligence (artificial or otherwise) and purpose. The real world is based on randomness and possibilities.
The only thing that is true in both worlds is causality. Cause and effect.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 12:56 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Indeed Omega smile

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 02:04 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Omega> Interestingly put. I did not think that Mero could be the Architects equal. But if we assume their equality, then could we assume that the Architect is not who he says he is, that he did not design the Matrix, but, rather, was designed as another form of control, another illusion? I do not think that the Oracle would be Demeter, as i don't think she wrote Persephone. I think of the Oracle as being closer to the Fates, as Mero said that the humans are very good at following orders, it is almost like Oracle tells them what to do next, and they do it, because they believe it was their choice to do it. I don't know, maybe she did write Persephone, and there is a whole nother side to the Oracle that we haven't seen before. And thank you for elaborating on my reason for Neo and reality, i realize it wasn't as well put as you said it. cool

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 03:42 PM
Sifer

Well if you look in my Mero thread, this is exactly what I was trying to direct everybody into thinking. Mero isn't the Architects equal, rather, someone who strives to be more powerful than him ie. Lucifer smile

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 03:59 PM
furryman
honky

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
HAHAHA happy

and next time, can you use com(m)as? its really hard to read five sentences that are not punctuated, so they run together.

(please log in to view the image) ok i was really tired (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 05:38 PM
Korri

Llaughing out loudL

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 05:39 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

its cool...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 06:21 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> I wouldn’t say the Mero is the Architects equal as in “everything the Archi does, so can the Mero.” But the Mero is, programming-wise speaking AS strong (does that make sense?). Since the agents are chose to go after the Keymaker before hunting Trinity, the system is trying very hard to delete old programs.
Therefore there MUST be a reason, as to why they don’t simply raid the Mero’s places and delete everyone.

I stick to the “the programs are who they say they are.” The Architect does at no points say he has TOTAL control of the Matrix. On the contrary. Admitting the “unequal equation”, the existence of the anomaly, shows that the Architect (Zeus/God) is not omnipotent. The Matrix has “evolved” from cycle to cycle. The anomaly has evolved (the only explanation why the agents in M1 are not with the upgrades we see in M2).

In the myths there were THREE (yes 3!) original Olympian Gods. Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. The three of them then split the world between themselves. Poseidon would rule the sea, Hades the Underworld, and Zeus the heavens.

If the Architect (Zeus) is in charge of creation, then Hades (the Merovingian) is in charge of deletion. Or was, or something along those lines. He could, in principle, possess termination codes for a wide variety of programs, excluding only those programs that are “gods” or from a certain “generation”.

Maybe the Oracle isn’t exactly like Demeter, maybe she didn’t help write Persephone. But what would be the aspects of humans, that would puzzle the machines most? That would be stuff like choice, free will, emotions, intuition (and everything the humans did in Zion during their party).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:45 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote