KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Romance

Romance
Started by: Kosta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Thats what love is ush, at least at first. It starts off like that usually. Most people will tell you that, at first, love is a near obsession. Of course, over time, it becomes a bit less overwhelming.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by GambitEVOFan1
All that means is and u said it urself., it just didnt work out, does not mean it wasnt love. And i think u are ignorant for not seeing this for different points of view, especially if u have hear this from other people before and not just me. Everyone is different we act different,we look different, we fall in love different. dont judge others just because u dont think u could fall in love at first sight or over the net. I dont think i could fall in love over the net either but im not saying no one can.

Sigh... when I say it didn't work out I rather obviously mean they wquickly found out it WAS NOT LOVE

And I am sorry, but your 'difference' argument does NOT work. These people thought the SAME as you postulate. They are just as capable of feelings as you. The people who it works out for are not some sort of super-lovers. They are just lucky.

And the first time someone who thinks it works for them thinks they are in love and then finds out the hard way how they were not- THEN they will see. And that we have seen too much before as well. it is not ignorance. I am sorry, I have much experience and anecdote here and the totality of that experience screams to me that things are the way I see. The opinions of people who think otherwise but have NOT had to learn the hard way do not impress me at all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Also, relationships that stemm from real life often end badly too, by you're logic that would mean that it isnt possible to find true love in real life, because it's gone wrong for so many people.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Love can start with obsession, because it can be a symptomn, but obession does not mean nor does it necessarily lead to love. There are certainly FAR too many people that confuse the two.

"Also, relationships that stemm from real life often end badly too, by you're logic that would mean that it isnt possible to find true love in real life, because it's gone wrong for so many people."

What? How on Earth do you work THAT out? That just means that people do not always get things right. That has no bearing on me saying that you cannot love someone until you meet them. I never said people who meet are therefore ALWAYS right. The whole world is full of people who thought it and were wrong- in person and on-line. Just with on-line they are always wrong, is all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GambitEVOFan1
**RayRay**

Who says i havent learned the hard way?I certainly didnt and you dont know me so you obviously cant say that i havent so do not jump to conclusions.

**Berzerk for Berzerker**

**Theres no off switch in the real world bub**

bunny Aww love Its a bunny! laughing

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:15 PM
GambitEVOFan1 is currently offline Click here to Send GambitEVOFan1 a Private Message Find more posts by GambitEVOFan1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I know, it was merely a ridiculous example of how generalizing never works. To say that because something doesnt workout for alot of people, automatically means that it can't exist (like your argument for online relationships, saying that because you have seen it gone wrong so many times, love cant be felt online). It's just faulty logic, and it is impossible to say what is possible when it comes to a persons feelings.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Again, you are not going to ever make any impression on me by making comments like that because the people who I have known who were wrong said the exact same things. This whole 'you don;t know me' thing is a big irrelevance.

And if you had learned the hard way, Gambit, you would agree with me, seeing what I was talking about learning was that love can only be in person. So clearly you haven't, yeah?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:18 PM
BackFire

However, since this conversation obviously isnt going to change anyones feelins on teh topic, i will say that i think online relationships are a mistake usually, and rarely work out.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:21 PM
GambitEVOFan1
**RayRay**

No not at all, if you looked around u u would know that true love can come and go at ne second and u have to grasp it when u can. Your ideas about love are very close minded and ull learn someday that love isnt this ultimate power its a simple feeling, an emotion that comes and goes, just as one second u can like some one as a friend the next you can hate them.

**Berzerk for Berzerker**

**Theres no off switch in the real world bub**

bunny Aww love Its a bunny! laughing

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:23 PM
GambitEVOFan1 is currently offline Click here to Send GambitEVOFan1 a Private Message Find more posts by GambitEVOFan1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
I know, it was merely a ridiculous example of how generalizing never works. To say that because something doesnt workout for alot of people, automatically means that it can't exist (like your argument for online relationships, saying that because you have seen it gone wrong so many times, love cant be felt online). It's just faulty logic, and it is impossible to say what is possible when it comes to a persons feelings.

Complete non sequitur,. I was not saying that I had seen it go wrong with others so therefore it was not possible. I said it was not possible because you have to meet in order to know someone well enough to love them

The only example I made with other people was to counter people saying that they felt they were in love so I was wrong. I just pointed out the others felt that as well so that argument did not wash with me.

And Gambit, I say without reservation that if you think true love can come and go in an instant, you are naive and have MUCH to learn- and I am sure many other swill agree with me. I am sorry, love is beyond mere transient emotion. That is not close-mindedness. That is from knowing.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:26 PM
BackFire

But again, i was deeply in love with my gf before we met. Thus it is not impossible, only rare.

and i agree, love can't just come and go. if thats teh case, it isnt love.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, I rather thought you and I would agree on that, BF.

And again, BF, my point is I cannot believe that argument. If I am wrong and I ever feel it to have it proved to me so I shall happily admit it, but because I have seen people who thought it was true love first and were wrong, and who had no less reason to believe so than you, the only possible conclusion I can draw is that you cannot KNOW until you meet.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:31 PM
BackFire

You can't prove emotion, the very notion is illogical.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:33 PM
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

quote:
Originally posted by GambitEVOFan1
No not at all, if you looked around u u would know that true love can come and go at ne second and u have to grasp it when u can. Your ideas about love are very close minded and ull learn someday that love isnt this ultimate power its a simple feeling, an emotion that comes and goes, just as one second u can like some one as a friend the next you can hate them.

That is by far one of the most ridiculous statements I have heard yet. You yourself were the one who said that you had never fallen in love before so how would you know if it is just this simple feeling that comes and goes? Until you have fallen in love you cannot truly say whether or not love is a simple feeling. The many of us who have fallen in love would have a completely different opinion on whether or not it is this simple feeling that comes and goes.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:33 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And I also knew Linds would agree.

Ok, I will try and lay out what I am saying a little more clearly, BF, so you can see why I think this way

I know people who thought they were in love before they met and certainly were after. Whether they ACTUALLY were beforehand or not is, of course, impossible to prove.

I know people who did not think they were in love before they met, but were after

And I know people who thought they were in love before they met, and were NOT after!

Therefore, from where I stand, I can only conclude that no-one knows, for sure, until after they meet. If you can think you are, and be wrong, and cannot know different until the acid test of meeting... you see where I am coming from?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:37 PM
BackFire

Oh yeah, i definately see where you're coming from ush. But i just think it's impossible to say for sure what is, and isnt possible when it comes to something as personal, and diverse as something like love.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:42 PM
Nivvy
Daily Spleen

I don't wanna put a definition on Love or Romance.

It's not my position to do, Nor am i paid Scientist/Sociology/Psychologist to prove my Theory at all.

Each person is different, they have different feelings about it, there's no point in trying to argue and enforce your own experiences onto others, let them find it out themselves.

Henceforth, I'll meet Kenny one day. We both want this to happen for real. We've both had experiences in the past in Real Life, that determined our own outlooks on Love/Relationships.

We seemed to have changed eachother over the net, will it happen it real life ?? Most likely. Why ?? ..... To me i feel because if he could do this to me and we're oceans apart. It'd be like Magic for real...

And Ush, though you also have experience in that field, that's your experience, not mind and Kenny's. Please don't flame it just yet.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:52 PM
Nivvy is currently offline Click here to Send Nivvy a Private Message Find more posts by Nivvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sigh... again... such words really don't impress me... we've been through this. My argument has never been based on the idea that some experiences prove the rule.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:54 PM
Roach
The all seeing eye...

I think its a valid point my gurl chanel!! big grin and very touching... i would have to say that net relationships don't always prove to be effective, but imagine it a mutual relationship and no physical contact, tell me is that not more effective then any real relationship to fall for someone that you haven't meet, touched seen in real.... can u imagine wot real magic it would create when u finally are face to face...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:00 PM
Roach is currently offline Click here to Send Roach a Private Message Find more posts by Roach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well... yes, I can.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:02 PM