KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » SHREK

SHREK
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

DBZ isn't comedically based, its action oriented and DBZ is not for kids, Funimation cleaned it up. In the Japanese version you could actually give it an R-rating because of language and nudity. But of course you wouldn't know that. You're just another person that thinks anime is for kids because well, its anime. Shrek is a bunch of garbage and just becuase it has good numbers doesn't mean it's even remotely as good as DBZ.

If we keep pushing technology, eventually it will push back.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 08:18 PM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
Originally posted by sonofasaiyan
DBZ isn't comedically based, its action oriented and DBZ is not for kids, Funimation cleaned it up. In the Japanese version you could actually give it an R-rating because of language and nudity. But of course you wouldn't know that. You're just another person that thinks anime is for kids because well, its anime. Shrek is a bunch of garbage and just becuase it has good numbers doesn't mean it's even remotely as good as DBZ.

I tried watching a couple of episodes of DBZ, and could actually feel the IQ points draining away while watching it. By the fourth commercial for Trailer Trash Barbie, I actually found myself barely resisting the urge to go out and buy five of them.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 08:56 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

hey hey hey babe no making fun at japanese epoples work cuz they run evrything. with 1 touch of a button ur PS 2 would be dead...no ih...ilike DBZ kinda the same thing over and over but iut has funny parts too

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:48 AM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
OMG you didn't just say i no nothing about anime. dude i draw anime if u want i could email u a pic of chi from a series called chobits. anyway its normal crap for anime to have nudity and swears in japan. so it having that stuff makes it normal in europe. even sailer moon had nudity(last eps she fight naked with wings and sword). and yes NA version of DBZ is for kids.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:59 AM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
hey hey hey babe no making fun at japanese epoples work cuz they run evrything. with 1 touch of a button ur PS 2 would be dead...no ih...ilike DBZ kinda the same thing over and over but iut has funny parts too

Who's making fun of Japanese people's work? There's plenty of anime / Japanese animation out there that I do like... Neon Genesis, Cowboy Bebop, MSA Abenobashi (finally got to check that out... now THAT can be funny), anything by Miyazaki... heck, even Inuyasha. DBZ and Pokemon are two of the worst things to come out of Japan... but I realize that I am not the demographic it is tailored for. Which is why I can't understand why it is aired in the timeslot it is each week.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 01:34 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

ill agree with poke mon. what a waste. if it wasnt for pickachu no1 would watch it. and now they have atekn it tooo far.new episodes stil??!?! WTF!

quote:
[B]Yea it's already grossed 736 million bucks overall but it has not beaten Spiderman. Spiderman was fifth in 2002 its currently the tenth highest grossing film of all time.

Source : Box Office Mojo

Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year As of July 22nd 2004

1 Titanic Par. $1,845.0 $600.8 32.6% $1,244.2 67.4% 1997

2 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King NL $1,118.5 $377.0 33.7% $741.5 66.3% 2003

titanic beat LOTR blink

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:42 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I can't believe people hate Shrek. It's impossible to hate it.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 10:14 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by amity75
I can't believe people hate Shrek. It's impossible to hate it.
lol i feel the same way.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 02:34 AM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl

Yea it's already grossed 736 million bucks overall but it has not beaten Spiderman. Spiderman was fifth in 2002 its currently the tenth highest grossing film of all time.

Source : Box Office Mojo

Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year As of July 22nd 2004

1 Titanic Par. $1,845.0 $600.8 32.6% $1,244.2 67.4% 1997

2 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King NL $1,118.5 $377.0 33.7% $741.5 66.3% 2003

titanic beat LOTR

Titanic came out first.

If we keep pushing technology, eventually it will push back.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 03:09 AM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkcabbage

shrek i have to say is the best animated film i ever saw and shrek 2 have you seen shrek 2 donkey is the best woohoo it rules and i have both soundtracks they are well worth gettin if ya love the film and its music - wel obviously

smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 02:28 PM
pinkcabbage is currently offline Click here to Send pinkcabbage a Private Message Find more posts by pinkcabbage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marshmellowduck

shrek

yeah shrek Rocks!

the 2nd shrek is better than shrek 1 i think bet they r both real kl!,
cum 2 mi shaun of the dead and the best film ever catogaries!!

Marshmellowducks

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 02:43 PM
marshmellowduck is currently offline Click here to Send marshmellowduck a Private Message Find more posts by marshmellowduck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heather 29

Yeah, shrek was a great movie.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 04:19 AM
Heather 29 is currently offline Click here to Send Heather 29 a Private Message Find more posts by Heather 29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

one of the best thumb up

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote