KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- The Dojo

USH'S MATRIX GAME- The Dojo
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (71): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And do you wish to be armed?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

naw its ok, i think i can handle them, ill work on gun skill some other time

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:38 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was thinking about the knives, but very well!

"Hey! Stop right there!" says the three guards. They charage at you from different angles with their nightsticks.

--------
Guard 1: ok
Guard 2: ok
Guard 3: ok

Burn: 8/0/0
---------

Those three numbers for you, Burn, are, in order, Focus pool, hits suffered and Exertion

As you have the highest speed (BOY do you!) you go first. It's the start of a round, so use any start-of-round effects now...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 13th, 2003 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

hehe speedy me!!
I run up to the nearest gaurd, grab his nightstick in my left and deliver a lightning fast (punch) to his adams apple with my right, then circle around him and wait for teh response, thats four moves right, run up, grab stick, punch, spin off

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:46 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gosh no! You only want to make one move at a time and you can move into attack someone as one. If you used all your moves now the remaianing gurards would get eight attacks on you...

So, if we asusme you can only do one thing, what move do you want?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 13th, 2003 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:48 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

oo, my bad
didn't get it
so i can grab his stick and punch him as one move right??
of not i just grab his club thing

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey, that is a disarm.

The guard tries to yank his stick back (dodge) but you are too fast. You grab the stick and wrench it aroumd, and can easily disarm him.

This leaves us one guard wqithout a weapon, and two with.

The first guard now simply tries to punch you, aiming a boxer's blow to your face.

The second one is attempting a weapon strike wit his nightstick. This smashes towards your collar bone.

The third guard, slightly behind you, aims a weapon blow with his nightstick towards the back of your head.

You now have to declare your reaction to each of those three attacks seperately.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(also, do remember that in a fight the only moves you can successfully perform are combat moves- unless you flee)

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:55 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'll take on somebody...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I spin off to the right to avoid both the punch and the collarbone smash,
for the guy trying to smash my head, my spin puts me to the side of him, so i punch him in the temple (punch).

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey, Rex, though we are testing Martial Arts rather than guns right now...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:57 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

does that work, or is the spin thingy, a non-combat move,
(btw that was a dodge)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:58 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ill go guns with him

he he he

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, tpt, seem to have jumped the gun there. We are still in the first action of the round., Your first action was to disarm the guard. THEIR first actions were to try and hit you. That's three seperate atacks to which you have to react seperately.

Once your reactions to those attacks are done and I tell you what the result is, then you would get your second action of the round, yeah?

So right now I wanted your defensive reaction (normally block or dodge) to the first, second and third atacks on you.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

So I see, Ush. I don't mind.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 11:02 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

o than dodge to the punch and collarbone using the spin but a block to the head smasher, i reach up and grab the nightstick as hes at the top of the wind-up, so im behind the head-smasher dude, due to the dodge, grabbing the nightstick
(ill get this sooner or later)

(o and is there a way to set up this so that when some one else posts i dont have to reload the page to see it??)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 11:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidoket, that is two dodges and a block (do specify what the option is you are doing, though, in case my interpretation differs from what you wanted)

The two you dodge have no chance of hitting you- their nightsticks go wild through the air. And even the one you block hasn't got much hope, trying to hit a target number of 6. You gran the nightstick as it comes down...

(All three attacks countered. Burn gains two exertion points)

--------
Guard 1: ok
Guard 2: ok
Guard 3: ok

Burn: 8/0/2
---------

Your move, Burn.

And what sort of set-up did you want, Ares?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 11:06 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ok, now i want to punch guard number 1 in the adams apple. (punch) fast and using hands of light

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 11:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok. That blows two focus but pulls back an exertion point.

The guard attempts to dodge again. But your blow ctaches him in throat throat and, choking, he staggers back.

Blow is successful; Guard is hit. The guard is also exerted, and loses his next attack.

The two guards with the sticks close in again. One sweeps down for your legs, whilst the other, still behind you, tries to jab the stick at your kidneys.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 13th, 2003 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 11:14 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

OK, here goes,
(Dodge for both of them)
Using leaping storm I jump up tp the guard who i sweeping at my legs, plant 2 hands on the top of his head and flip of of him spinning in the air so i land behind him facing his back.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 11:19 PM