KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!

Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!
Started by: nickysan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I guess they figured most people who are in the theater would have seen Reloaded recently enough to not need a refresher.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh but they shouldnt have.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:38 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Its the worst beginning ever (IMO)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:39 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well I'll take your word for it, I'm sure it's just one in a number of flaws the film has, and when I see it, I'll be sure to exploit them evil face

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

big grin

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:46 AM
Elizab3th

Worried vvvrulz

What sucked about revolutions? Was it because Neo died?
Was it because there were basically very few new stances in the
martial arts?

In Smith's word, "It is inevitable."

Matrix introduced, Reloaded questioned and Revolutions answered.
Some answers we do not like...some answers we do. It is your choice whether you like the one presented or not.

Perhaps it is best to know why you hate it so much and perhaps...see the movie from a diffrent perspective.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:26 PM
Elizab3th is currently offline Click here to Send Elizab3th a Private Message Find more posts by Elizab3th Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Kes> Revolutions is the second half of Reloaded, thus, they are meant to be taken together, not as seperate entities.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:40 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

Question A Question

For me, revolutions brought up new questions which weren't really answered in full.

Such as Neo being able to use his abilities outside the matrix and view the machine world as if it were some kind of code like the matrix.

Can anyone answer this for me without giving me any jargon and actually give me proof of how and when this ability became apart of Neo??

It obviously wasn't always apart of him. Something must have triggered it. Anyone have a clue as to what it was??

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:25 PM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Mordecai> The ability to effect machines OUTSIDE the matrix was always a part of the power of the One. If you remember the Architects speech, he explains about the anomaly, why it arose and how it works.
He just didn’t tell Neo, that this anomaly code is active, even when Neo isn’t plugged into the Matrix. In simple terms the anomaly gives Neo the ability to “rewrite” the programming of the Matrix as he sees fit, and the ability to access the Source, the machine main-frame wirelessly, even when he’s not inside the actual matrix.
This essentially gives him a mental remote-control, which he started using at the end of Reloaded. In Revolutions the Oracle tells Neo that he wasn’t ready for that revelation yet (the reason why he became unconscious), and that using that ability SHOULD have killed him. His mind touched the Source, but instead of dying Neo stranded in limbo (Mobil Avenue).
When Neo goes blind his connection to the Source becomes crystal clear, as he sees in terms of energy, electricity, electric and magnetic fields.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:03 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

ahhh ok.

Thanks for clarifying that, i was a bit confused.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:07 PM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eatingimpaired
?????????????????????????

1rst focused on stroy and some special effects.
2nd focused mostly on special effect.
3rd focused on half story half effects...and crashed and burned. Some parts of story was good, but the Zion scene bored me beyond belief except for captain mifune and the missile launchers.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:17 PM
eatingimpaired is currently offline Click here to Send eatingimpaired a Private Message Find more posts by eatingimpaired Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Re: Worst Movie Ever!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by nickysan
mad I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN ALL MY LIFE! THE ENDING TO REVOLUTIONS BLEW ASS! THE FIST AND SECOND MOVIES WHERE SOMETHING THAT GOD HIM SELF COULD NOT MAKE SO PERFECT! ANDY AND LARRY SHOULD HAVE THE CRAP KICK OUT OF THEM FOR MAKING THE WORST MOVIE EVER AND KILLING THE MATRIX TRILOGY!!!!!!! miffed no thumb down thumb down thumb down

2 words...SHUT UP!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 05:39 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

Revolutions was ordinary rather than useless. The first M is my favourite and stands head and shoulders above the other two. M1 was a perfect little film because it was fresh, incorporating some compelling ideas into a neat story structure and then polishing everything with an original gloss. To my mind the bros did something commendable, gave us a film with something to say that was also exiting and entertaining. I think the second film showed us that artistically things were beginning to come apart at the seams (perhaps they should have done a few more rewrites). M3 is all over the place, the bros seemingly forgetting what made the whole thing so great in the first place.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 05:50 PM
Y-chromo kid is currently offline Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yohji74
Wutevas bros...

metamorph and jedi> you guys answered the questions exactly the way i anticipated: differently. the fact that everyone on these forums has differing opinions on the answers to the questions i posed is a strong indication that there are plot holes to this trilogy... personally, i disagree with some of your answers as well, but that's a different point i'll address later.

now generally speaking, there are two reasons why ppl have questions regarding a storyline: 1) they don't 'get it' (i.e. certain facts or circumstantial evidence have not been conveyed properly for them to put the peices together, but once they are presented, understanding naturally comes) OR 2) there is a shortage (intentional or not) of underlying facts to support a consensus opinion, resulting in multiple views and opinions.

as stated before by both darkvirus and saxmanuw, you guys are simply filling the holes in the story line by presenting your personal view of the matrix world and even you two differ in your respective opinions. you simply need to accept the fact that there are holes in this trilogy - if there weren't, ppl wouldn't be asking the same old questions - unless of course, we ALL don't get it.

and metamorph> some of your answers make no sense. take your response to my question #4.

firstly, all metals do not act as an antennae. virtually all metals are conductive to electricity, yes, but not all act as antennae. if that were true, i could use the iron in my own blood to receive radio signals from broadcasting stations directly... additionally, can you refresh my memory as to when neo touched the source in M2? this kind of answer is pretty ridiculous cuz even if we were to suspend our disbelief that in the Matrix world, all metals do act as antennae, in what other scene in any of the Matrix movies do we see conclusive proof that this is the case. my point is that you have to base your answers on what occurs in the matrix world, not what occurs in our world b/c the laws are NOT the same. after that, you need to make sure your facts are straight.

and how about your response to my question #6. who the hell cares about broadcast depth and the rebels plugged into the matrix! you're clearly missing the point. i'm talking about the millions of ppl ALREADY plugged in who he's taken over... why can't he simply go into the REAL world via these ppl (since in M2, he already assimilated plenty of ppl)? if he's only a product of the matrix as jedi suggests, then he wouldn't be a threat to the machines in the real world because then all neo would have to do is make the bargain with the head machine and then reload the matrix rather than fight smith. the ending would have been the same, no?

i shouldn't belabor the point, but you don't know all the answers, so don't claim that you do cuz all you're doing is stretching your opinion to patch up the glaring fact that there are significant holes.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 06:03 PM
yohji74 is currently offline Click here to Send yohji74 a Private Message Find more posts by yohji74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
Kes> Revolutions is the second half of Reloaded, thus, they are meant to be taken together, not as seperate entities.

I know but it doesnt change the fact that they are presented seperatly. Not sure what you meant by it but I'm assuming its the beginning I talked about. They could have done that to the theater version and take it out of the DVD version (most likelly a Reloaded/Revolutions will came out). It would make more sense.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 06:13 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The one's powers do not translate into the real world, neo can feel the machiens through the source that is connected to the matrix thru smith, so basically the connection thru smith allowd him to feel the source and thus he could see the machiens in the real world as well as destroy them.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 06:15 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

revolution

Saw the movie and I was so let down, how could they do this to me!

The movie was not really a movie it had spawned to something else, most answers remained unanswered this is totally unfair to a fan like myself.

Looks like there will be matrix 4 either in film or anime the story will spawn on and on. Morphous maybe back which makes me happy but I would like to know a lot more about the mero,his role was far too significant to just ignore.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 06:33 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rca

audioheem

"I thought it was good. What good would Neo kicking Smith's ass have then going to the Architect done? OH WAIT.. THAT'S RELOADED. You wanna see that... watch the 2nd film. This leads on perfectly to The Matrix Online."

Lol thats exactly what the brothers want to hear. Man you've just been so played its unbelievable. LOL

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 08:57 PM
rca is currently offline Click here to Send rca a Private Message Find more posts by rca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Elizabeth - Have another look at the original, then compare. Personally it took every element of the matrix and stretched it so far it de-values the original. lol ill confess it wasnt as bad as i might have said, i was a little angry at the movie and blew off some steam. But it was nevetheless disappointing. And it bores me to death about how people go on about 'the deeper meaning'. I reckon that you ultimate die-hard fans who refues to ever beleive that the trilogy could be terrible are trying to convince yourselves that it was a great movie. It wasnt, the matrix in my mind is no trilogy, its the original on its own, these sequels are more like cheap add-ons for hollywood to poach some more cash. The story in the original was complete (as a movie that is). Smith should never have come back, and Neo would have ultimately saved the world, heck, he is the one. It was never meant to be a trilogy, and these poor 'fillers' that followed only confirm it. So go on and tell me i dont 'fully understand' the movie, insult me if you please, but in my opinion the movie was awful, full stop.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:02 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

Alot of you people don't understand that no-one really knows about The Matrix: Online except all you internet junkies and hardcore fans (maybe thats the point?) and such so the end being left open is kind of odd and well.....stupid.

I am a big fan of the matrix and use the net quite alot and i had no idea about this The Matrix: Online and still don't know exactly what it is. Ofcourse i only found out about it yesterday when i came here.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:12 AM