KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!

Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!
Started by: nickysan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I have no idea why people want all these things explained. Even if there was no Matrix Online, I am far happier with things beiong left open.

A story that ends with everything tied up, is a poor story.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 8th, 2003 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:20 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

I totally agree.

Leaving things left open leaves the movie to live on as people will discuss it for years after the film is released.

I was kind of speaking for the masses there. All the ones that come in here all pissed off and such, i was just trying to justify their anger i guess.

....meh!

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:28 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Yes! Thank you, Ush! I find it a GREAT advantage they did NOT answer all the questions... as do most of the people I know where I live...

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:30 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obba

BTW, I think the people that think that Revolutions was cool, shouldn't be in this Thread. It's about people that think it was useless. I must agree. I was so happy about going to go see it. Then I get out of the Theater and I am so pissed off. I fell asleep through half of it. (maybe that's why I didn't like). (But, then again I fell asleep because I knew the ending was going to **** up the rest).

Kid- He is broken
Santa- Shut up and take it, besides not like I am getting paid for sending stupid kids like you presents.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:34 AM
Obba is currently offline Click here to Send Obba a Private Message Find more posts by Obba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam The Prophet

sigh

What a dissapointment, really. If the film had ended 10min from when it did end...Great. If they had left it at Smith winning, sure not a happy ending, but at least more realistic than all the crap that happened to make it all nice and happy...Smith exploding..rigghhhttt, a peace between machiens...BAH HUMBUG!!!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:39 AM
Xam The Prophet is currently offline Click here to Send Xam The Prophet a Private Message Find more posts by Xam The Prophet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obba

Good point smile

Kid- He is broken
Santa- Shut up and take it, besides not like I am getting paid for sending stupid kids like you presents.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:44 AM
Obba is currently offline Click here to Send Obba a Private Message Find more posts by Obba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

I still cannot understand why these matrix films were not just 2 films, that would been enough. Revolutions just dragged on and on and at the end it was just a waste of a very good opportunity. Sure the special effects were great but one likes to see a good story told. I do not mind open endings but it built so much up with reloaded and the matrix that it just imploded rather than exploded for revolutions.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 02:07 AM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Well I HATE open endings that one of the major reasons I HATED this movie.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 02:09 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

its the same kind of ending X-2 had, open ended but having a definite ending that die-hard fans would understand...i don't get how this movie gets so much rap for this when, it has been done before, in the same manner...Come on people, am i not right?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 02:29 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Obba> The threads about how cool Revolutions were, are flooded with people who hate it. So...

JediHDM> I suppose there are people who just don’t like open endings. Who’d rather have the answers written black on white, or etched into stone. Why that is so eludes me (or rather, let’s return to that when things have settled down around here).

I have only one complaint: It was almost too much for me. After all the months of discussing it here, I had my mind blown… I have to see it a few more times to digest all of it.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 02:38 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obba

Ok, I get it smile
I guess you are correct big grin
I think we should inforce that a little more smile

Kid- He is broken

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 03:22 AM
icansee
Furious Angel 2

its the same kind of ending X-2 had, open ended but having a definite ending that die-hard fans would understand...i don't get how this movie gets so much rap for this when, it has been done before, in the same manner...Come on people, am i not right?

X2 being a comic x men fan I thought that was well done but revolutions just sucked big time, so many charcters but few were used, there will be part 4 I can see it happening, just look at the terminator and alien.

The matrix will go on and on,they built up all the new threads about the matrix then we get this half baked movie, come on this could of been a great great movie but they just messed it up.

I am so pissed, lucky I have a GF to cheer me up , just so pissed off by this movie. Seraph,the twins,oracle,mero,persephone,the trainman with the watches all just wasted characters.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 03:45 AM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

i could not agree more about the wasted characters, as i've said before the movie seems like it isn't really thought out and rushed.

But that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy the film, the majority of it was OK, some parts made me wanna jump out of my seat (thats a good thing), some bits made me laugh at the cheesiness.

So this movie basically has everything!!

And after coming to this forum and having some questions answered and the discussions about the film have helped me understand it a little better and helped see that maybe there is some greatness behind the effects.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Last edited by Mordecai on Nov 8th, 2003 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 04:02 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

The Omega,perhaps what got people's goat was not in fact the open ending but the open opening. If you hadnt played ETM, would you really know about the Logos being powered down and in hiding?Maybe the confusion with some people started there...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 05:16 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

qmpho> I know what you mean. I loved the movie personally, but I can see how it would be frustrating if I didn't know about the things from ETM, the Animatrix, and so on. I don't know if I would love it as much if I didn't know all of this extra information. I would've been confused. And it would've seemed rushed, full of holes, and, well, like quite a let down. hmmmm.... I have to think about that

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:14 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Jedi and Omega

I still think that people are just not used to the format that this movie entailed. Unlike X2, it had a continuance of a plot carried over from the first two movies, not just a story line that had no impact on the last. I mean, come on, if you went in to watch Revo without any knowledge (or little knowledge) of the symbolism, the story, and other details, it would be like picking up a great novel and reading the last few chapters!! Sure there's more to the Trainman, Mero, Peresophone, Seraph, the Architect and others - but not in relation to this story relating to the 6th version of the matrix and Neo's connection. To build upon these characters would have only led to confusion of what the story was about, and that's why people are having such a hard time digesting it! They are used to a story that starts, builds, climaxes and concludes in one sitting. This trilogy started in the first, builds in the second, and climaxes and concludes in the third. The story is done.

What's so sad is that this is becoming typical of our society today as it reflects on the lack of motivation for intellectual interpretations, apathy, lack of resolve, shortened attention spans, and a need to be spoon fed. The irony in this is that is the basis for the system which Neo and the crew were fighting within the Matrix. These are the minds of the very people we are trying to save!! stick out tongue

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:57 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

gympho

I personally haven't played ETM either, but I was able to deduce very quickly what had happened. However, what I see that could have been frustrating (and one of the only disappointments of mine) was that there were cut scenes - like the conversation between Niobe and Ghost when they were in the Logos after it was powered down.
quote:
Ghost: Do you think they'll find us?
Niobe: Yes.
Ghost: What do you think will happen?
Niobe: I don't know, but whatever it is it's going to be one helluva ride!
Ghost: Well.....it's nice to have something to look forward to..

I donno, maybe I just spaced out and missed that, but I do not remember seeing any of that scene in the movie...and I'm sure there's more to it. However, it seems to me that many of the same people who are complaining now were complaining about Reloaded being to long and to confusing? Could this have effected the final cut of Revolutions?

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:03 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

simple fact is. Revolutions couldnt have been better in the story department. All you people who were hoping for a dumbass idea such as a matrix within a matrix dont understand story telling. Revolutions was the story the brothers wanted to tell. Just because it diddnt have the ending you hoped for doesnt make it a bad ending. This ending was an obvious one when looking at the previous two. It was a great finale with everything from the first two including a style of it's own. If it had a deffinate ending on weather the humans or machine's won. Then you'd all be bit*ching on why the machines or why the humans won. They gave the die hard fans a great gift doing the ending they did. It answered everything the story was hinting at, and gave it meaning. It also left questions so the story could live on in heart. There was no other way to end the series without making the other two films seem pointless, or without a cop out.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

Metamorphosis- no, I played ETM so was expecting one of the first scenes to be the search and rescue of the Logos, and i knew why they were in hiding, but if you didnt(and kudos for deducing) i could see, with little connections to Reloaded, how people would say WTF is the revelance of this scene and these people? I guess thats why people are bashing the "irrelevant" characters so much. The only irrelevant character was the chicks twisting each others nipples in the Club.
Fun, but irrelevant...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:26 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

if only the game play was good then there would have been a good game there

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote