KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » No, that's not laundry detergent

No, that's not laundry detergent
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That's rediculous, yerssot.

Mah- you say we shouldn't be hitting them back? how would you feel if you had a loved one killed by one of the bombings? Would you have the same attitude, or would you want those responsible brought to justice?

We've tried talking, and it hasn't worked. It's missle time.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:33 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

No Yerssot these people don't value human life like we do.
To us, someone crashing a plane into a building is insane and murder.
To them they think it's justified. They don't care about the people they kill and that includes themselves.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:36 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

They DON'T think it's justified; they want the world to know that there are problems with this all...
Protests doesn't help so they take the more drastic way...
Some of them are indeed blinded by there faith though

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:41 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Protest what? Problems with what?

I seem to remember them driving a plane into our buildings. That's where the problem started.

The Taliban is a cancer, that has a stranglehold on Afghanistan. It's the dominating government form there, and they starve their people! So the problem is them.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:46 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
That's rediculous, yerssot.

Mah- you say we shouldn't be hitting them back? how would you feel if you had a loved one killed by one of the bombings? Would you have the same attitude, or would you want those responsible brought to justice?

We've tried talking, and it hasn't worked. It's missle time.

as i've said, i can understand that americans feel this way, but i still don't see that terrorism will be brought to an end by this.

to bomb for peace, is like fu*king to become a virgin.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:47 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Yerssot you just contradicted yourself. You say that the terrorists don't think killing innocent people and themselves is justified. Then you say that they do it so that the world takes notice. That's justifying it!

According to you, the terrorists did this to let the world know what they were about. It worked.

So they were justified in killing innocent people because they got the world to take notice?

They don't care about human life. They even killed Muslims in the attacks on New York. They don't care. They are evil.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:52 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

bin Ladin wants a war. We didn't want to give him one, but we had no choice. If they won't hand him over, we are forced to go get him!

We're not just dropping bombs over Afghanistan. We had specific sites. And we're also doing more than military, we've frozen certain accounts to cut off financial needs for them.

It's all part of a plan. And the govenment isn't telling us even half of the stuff they are doing probably!

I won't lose any sleep knowing we're responding militarily. They are thinking "oh, poor us!" Well who started it, you jerkoff bin Ladin!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:53 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

that's all right, but innocent people are also getting killed.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:56 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The Taliban care less about it's people than we do. Yes innocent people are dying, but they should have handed Bin Laden over and closed the training camps then.

We are also sending in food and medical aid and are working politically to make sure that a decent government is their to take over when the Taliban are gone. We're helping the people of the country more than the Taliban ever will. Most Afghanistans only fight for the Taliban because it's the only way of making money in one of the poorest countries in the world.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:04 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Yes, innocent people are getting killed. And that really sucks. But they were given warning (a MONTH) to get the hell out of the way.

For those who worked in the World Trade Center and Pentagon, their warning was "Oh sh*t! Is that a plane?" BOOOOM

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:04 PM
yerssot

KJ and TO, you seem to forget the thing that everything will happen if there is a reason too. I'm not saying it's justified but I'm saying nothing happens in a decision of 1 second

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:12 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
Yes, innocent people are getting killed. And that really sucks. But they were given warning (a MONTH) to get the hell out of the way.

For those who worked in the World Trade Center and Pentagon, their warning was "Oh sh*t! Is that a plane?" BOOOOM

yes, yes, of course the happenings in america were worse, and were done more cruelly, but i don't think any innocent should die, for any reason. and if i shall accept that some innocent are dying, i want to know that something good is coming out of it, and so far i've only seen the opposite.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:22 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I am also very furious at the CIA! All the technology we have, we track and listen to every phone call in the world, the intelligence tracks and monitors every e-mail, all to protect America, and when 8 different people, of Arab decent, come to a flying schools to learn how to fly straight, not landing or taking off, just flying straight, paying with cash, this doesn’t send up any flags? A man from one of the flying schools even called the FBI, but did they follow up? NO! This is just outrageous! We need to get rid of these terrorists, then we need to look at our own government and hold those who let this happen responsible! If our intelligence was working properly this could of been prevented!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:22 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hindsight is a great judge in that sort of thing, and while this is a failure to be sure, preventative intellignece that could have stopped this sort of thing is very difficult to get, no matter how obvious it all seems after it happens. They insist they had no credible warning.

Probablt their biggest mistake was in having NO intelligence from Afghanistan despite knowing the threat there.

And I mean none, A senior CIA member said that their total intelliegence input from that area was zero. Everything the CIA had on the area they got from the British, under the terms of the Special Relationship. And in turn, we got most of our info from Pakistan...

Afghanistan seems to have been too unpleasatant a place for any CIA agent to stay out there to give info. It is difficult to say whether this would have happened anway, but it was still a failing.

But in general, it must be borne in mind how difficult preventative intellignece is. They fluffed up, but it was an easy fluff up that anyone could have made. After all, no other friendly intelliegence service spotted this coming either.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Yerssot I'm not sure what you mean? confused

Mah I think good will come out of it. But first we need to get the people who did it and make it clear than no one else will get away with it. Then we can start to sort other things out.

As far as I'm concerned, seeing America, Russia and China all agreeing with each other is something good that's come out of this already.

Last edited by KJ on Oct 14th, 2001 at 04:37 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He is trying to trace cause and effect, I think. Perhaps returning to the idea that the action may only create more terrorists in future.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 14th, 2001 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

everything has something to do with something from the past...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 04:44 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
He is trying to trace cause and effect, I think. Perhaps returning to the idea that the action may only create more terrorists in future.

yes, that IS my point. we'll kill many bad-guys in afghanistan, and some innocent get killed too. therefore the anger of people who doesn't like USA in the first place, explodes and creates a possible terrorist in that person.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 06:11 PM
yerssot

the Afghanistan speak of 300 innocent people...

sure thing is a bomb fell on a residential area.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 06:51 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i saw something interesting on the news now, a bit out of this discussion, anyways, it was about the scenes we saw on the 11th september with palestinian people celebrating in the streets.
now the truth has come, some tv-channel found some of the people that we saw, one said: "we did not know that people had died. we knew nothing of the world trade centre, only about some damages on the pentagon building."
several others said: "we didn't know why we were laughing and celebrating. " they said that because tv-cameras were there, they tried to show themselves for the cameras, without knowing anything about the terror-attacks.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 07:24 PM