KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » DragonLance Saga

DragonLance Saga
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

nice draawing,me likie wink

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 01:47 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like it. I know Lord Soth reads a lot of Dragonlance and would be very familiar with the character. Here is Magius, does he look better with or without a beard?

Attachment: magius.jpg
This has been downloaded 116 time(s).

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 02:36 AM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Both of those pictures are amazing. I love the way you captured the sorrow of Huma and the arrogance of Magius. He looks better w/ the beard, btw.

Has anyone read DL since I started this thread, and what is your feedback, if you did? I'd love to know big grin

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 03:36 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like what you see, Lord Soth. Thanks for the feedback on the beard, greatly appreciated smile

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone smile

Attachment: huma_prayer.jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 09:15 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I havent been reading Dragon Lance books since the Chaos War since they killed off most of the original heroes, but are the gods really gone?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 12:21 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

Ive read chronicles. legends and chaos war books, just started on the newest set. Liking them so far smile

Favorite character by far Tas big grin Second being Tanis.

Also, if you like weis and hickman id read the Death Gate books too. Loved them as much as the Dragonlance series.

Last edited by zinh on Nov 26th, 2003 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:28 PM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Metroplex
I havent been reading Dragon Lance books since the Chaos War since they killed off most of the original heroes, but are the gods really gone?
In the War of Souls trilogy, the gods are indeed gone, but for an unexpected reason....wink read on........

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 06:20 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

zihn-My fave character is Lord Soth(obviously big grin), followed by Fistandantilus, Dalamar, Raistlin, and then Tas.

I'm a dark soul, cantcha tell? big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 06:22 AM
zinh

ooohh yeah forgot Dalamar, hes pretty cool to.

Raist is awesome and complicated character, but he so damned evil some times big grin

Soth was cool, but I didnt care for the Knight of the Black Rose (the move to Ravenloft i think that was the one). I dont think that author did well for Soth in that book but cant say much more since i never finished the other one specter of the black knight i think it was.

I wish weis and hickman would have made more of him in the story but he was like a god to mere mortals with his spells smile I remember running up aganst him in an old campaign back about 8 years ago. Dude is ruthless (or maybe the DM was a big fan like you )big grin.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 08:08 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

big grin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 01:06 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Great to be back, the turkey was just too good, had to hybernate for several days, lol smile But I'm back now, a bit sluggish, but back nevertheless smile

Metroplex:
You have to read War of Souls to understand what happened, don't want to ruin it for you wink

Zinh:
Oh then you will be happy to know that my artist will add Tas in The Legend of Huma comic book wink Yes, I read Death Gate, Haplo was my favorite character.

Soth:
You have a way of making people want to read. I normally tell people to say no to temptation but Metroplex in this case I have to say fall to Lord Soth's temptation and read War of Souls wink

Here is the character sketch of Lord Oswal of Baxtrey, High Warrior of [img]the Knights of Solamnia in The Legend of Huma, enjoy and all feedbacks are greatly appreciated smile

Lord Oswal:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:41 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Very good characterization, there, Khan, I never gave much thought as to how Oswal should look.

You seem to like The Legend of Huma a lot. Do you have a pic of Kaz?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:11 PM
The_Khan

I will be sure to tell my artist that you like what you see smile

Actually, I like all of the Dragonlances, but I'm starting off with The Legend of Huma comic book first and then with its success I will then be able to do all of the adaptations of the other novels as well as original stories by the authors as well. Here is Kaz, Huma, and the Silver Dragon, enjoy smile

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 11:02 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I LOVE the way the silver dragon is done, looks like it was carved out of ice

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:28 AM
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like it, Lord Soth. I will be sure to pass the compliment to my artist smile

Here is the character sketch of Bennett, the nephew of Lord Oswal, enjoy smile

Bennett:

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 02:31 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I like the characterization features in all of these. You see Magius's arrogance, Huma's sorrow, Oswal's weariness, and Bennett's determination/vigilance

Truly awesome

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 08:14 PM
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like what you see, my friend. Here is the character sketch of Rennard, enjoy smile

Rennard:

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:17 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Another perfect characterization! The apathy is incredilby clear, especially in the full body shot.

Who is this genius?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:11 AM
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like it. My Art Director drew the character sketches for me.

Here is a picture for the upcoming The Legend of Huma comic book, enjoy smile

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:17 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

There's a comic book, now? Interesting.......

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:26 PM